Latest Reservation Numbers and my Input on the Mach E

psmith9900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350, BMW 5 series, BMW X4
Country flag
I have placed the order for two Mach E's...a Premium ordered last Tuesday that was reservation #10014xxx and a GT today with a reservation # of 10022xxx...an increase of approximately 8,000 res. #'s in 7 days ( I would have guessed more reservations would have been received in that timeline shortly after the launch). I will most likely only keep one...the Premium if it becomes my wife's car and the GT if it ends up being mine. We will cancel the reservation that we don't end up using when we get further down this road (pun intended). If my wife takes this as her car...it will be after owning four BMW's in a row...which will be a big step for her because she love's her BMW's but is looking for an EV (she had a Tesla 3 ordered but cancelled it because she prefers the crossover/small SUV fit better). I currently have a F350 which we will keep either way since we need it for other things.

So far I am impressed with what Ford has come up with on the Mach E (based on what I have seen on line, I have not seen it in person yet) and the seriousness that they are finally exhibiting in the pursuit of the EV market with a car that looks great, offer's good performance/range, an impressive interior and modernized with technology fitting of this endeavor. I am curious if Ford is understating some stats at this time relative to range and performance with the larger battery...although what is posted is certainly acceptable a little more range would be a bonus ( I have seen others posts with a similar curiosity). Maybe they will surprise us with software updates that enhance the range and performance over time.

Based on what I have seen between the Tesla Y and the Mach E, I think that I like the Mach E better...primarily because I'm not in love with Teslas (3 and Y models) overly simplistic interior and the lack of some basic instruments directly in front of the driver (a heads up display would be ideal in front of the driver, my wife's BMW X4 has one that exhibits the speed limit and your current speed along with directions...and it is super convenient...no need to takes eyes off the road and you know if you are speeding...if Ford would add this that would be a nice bonus). I do like the interior of the Tesla S and X, but not in like with the price point and am cautious of the gull wing doors on the X.

Hope to see you at the charge station soon...
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach-E-avelli

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Optima PEHV- F150- Fusion-Outback
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Placed a reservation for a premium model on 11/19 #10015xxx and I agree, The Mach E does look better than the Tesla and that is a hard one for me because I have been a fan for so long. Looks like Ford is going to get this one right! I think Ford is going conservative on the range though (they probably want to surprise Tesla closer to delivery) Price is competitive with the Tax incentive and I think the Ford build quality should exceed Tesla out of the gate.
Mustang DNA is very evident from waistline up and sculpted black rocker panel accents add to the aggressive looks. Can't wait, hoping Ford makes good on the timeline as that is why I don't drive a Model 3 right now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, Edge, Focus, Mach-E reserved
Country flag
I have placed the order for two Mach E's...a Premium ordered last Tuesday that was reservation #10014xxx and a GT today with a reservation # of 10022xxx...an increase of approximately 8,000 res. #'s in 7 days ( I would have guessed more reservations would have been received in that timeline shortly after the launch). I will most likely only keep one...the Premium if it becomes my wife's car and the GT if it ends up being mine. We will cancel the reservation that we don't end up using when we get further down this road (pun intended). If my wife takes this as her car...it will be after owning four BMW's in a row...which will be a big step for her because she love's her BMW's but is looking for an EV (she had a Tesla 3 ordered but cancelled it because she prefers the crossover/small SUV fit better). I currently have a F350 which we will keep either way since we need it for other things.

So far I am impressed with what Ford has come up with on the Mach E (based on what I have seen on line, I have not seen it in person yet) and the seriousness that they are finally exhibiting in the pursuit of the EV market with a car that looks great, offer's good performance/range, an impressive interior and modernized with technology fitting of this endeavor. I am curious if Ford is understating some stats at this time relative to range and performance with the larger battery...although what is posted is certainly acceptable a little more range would be a bonus ( I have seen others posts with a similar curiosity). Maybe they will surprise us with software updates that enhance the range and performance over time.

Based on what I have seen between the Tesla Y and the Mach E, I think that I like the Mach E better...primarily because I'm not in love with Teslas (3 and Y models) overly simplistic interior and the lack of some basic instruments directly in front of the driver (a heads up display would be ideal in front of the driver, my wife's BMW X4 has one that exhibits the speed limit and your current speed along with directions...and it is super convenient...no need to takes eyes off the road and you know if you are speeding...if Ford would add this that would be a nice bonus). I do like the interior of the Tesla S and X, but not in like with the price point and am cautious of the gull wing doors on the X.

Hope to see you at the charge station soon...
So, I think you will be far more impressed with what I've discovered. If you navigate over to the other thread of folks sharing their reservation numbers along with the trim and date - you will come to my same conclusion: each trim has its OWN sequential count. So, as of Nov 26 - there were over 22k GT reservations and more than 14k Premium reservations based on your post alone. These numbers are not in the same pool. And yes, the First Edition has its own pool and so do the Base and Cali models. I'm still trying to guesstimate how many First Edition models they set before selling out. It is at least 16k based on reservation sequence numbers shared in these forums.

I honestly feel their 50k "first year" number gives them enough wiggle room in the public (and shareholder) eye to deem this a success: under-promise and over-deliver. Irregardless of that, if you notice, the First Edition and the Premium models are the only two available in 2020. And the remaining 3 models available in "early" or "spring" of 2021. I believe that 50k first year run is intended to mean 2020: which are just the First Edition and Premium models. And going into 2021, your guess is as good as mine, but it will definitely be a lot more than 50k. Especially when Tesla is pushing 90k+ each quarter.

My best guess is that the sold out First Edition (which is at least 16k) was about 20k and the remaining 30k, launching in 2020, are for Premium reservations. Overall, I estimate they currently have somewhere between 78k and 100k total reservations so far.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Placed a reservation for a premium model on 11/19 #10015xxx and I agree, The Mach E does look better than the Tesla and that is a hard one for me because I have been a fan for so long. Looks like Ford is going to get this one right! I think Ford is going conservative on the range though (they probably want to surprise Tesla closer to delivery) Price is competitive with the Tax incentive and I think the Ford build quality should exceed Tesla out of the gate.
Mustang DNA is very evident from waistline up and sculpted black rocker panel accents add to the aggressive looks. Can't wait, hoping Ford makes good on the timeline as that is why I don't drive a Model 3 right now.
I personally don't care what they call this thing - they made an amazing electric "crossover" vehicle. They didn't bastardize their Mustang brand; they bastardized the Mustang brand of the Boys and Girl Clubs that paid the price of admission to be apart of this 50 year muscle car group. Ford's biggest mistake with this vehicle wasn't using the Mustang name for an electric crossover SUV. Their biggest mistake was a lost opportunity in establishing a new iconic badge vehicle worthy of its own would be 50 year history to come. Stating this vehicle was "Mustang-inspired" was good enough. Instead of the pony, they could have given it a bird or a plane. Mach-E could be a brand all unto itself. I think they weren't so confident in what they had created here. But they created a monster worthy of its own iconic brand - this vehicle is insanely what every would-be EV owner has dreamed of.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon
Country flag
I believe it to be a master stroke - bringing it under the Mustang umbrella. Some see the Mustang icon as a coupe, but can't see that the icon, the badge, as being greater than the type of body that holds it. Mustang is a culture, not a body style. Mustang means enjoying a certain flavour that the icon's spirit can give, and as you rightly point out, there is a good dose of that spirit residing in the MachE. Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

What is masterful about this, though, is that Ford have used their best card to enter the new era of EVs. They're relying on the best name they've got - a name that has for a long time been recognised as a brand, simply because its so iconic - to take on this very hotly contested, and very important segment. They've basically left nothing on the table.

If Ford were to listen to the traditionalists Mustang would still have a live rear axle. These traditionalists don't know what is good for Ford. They want to reminisce about their idea of what a Mustang is, and don't want change, even if it kills the Mustang. They would rather it die before it changed. Ford is saying "how about we give the coupe a stablemate to bolster and support the coupe's future.

Just look at the sales trends of pony cars over the last several years and you will see that its dwindling.

Mustamg MachE just saved Mustang coupe.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So, I think you will be far more impressed with what I've discovered. If you navigate over to the other thread of folks sharing their reservation numbers along with the trim and date - you will come to my same conclusion: each trim has its OWN sequential count. So, as of Nov 26 - there were over 22k GT reservations and more than 14k Premium reservations based on your post alone. These numbers are not in the same pool. And yes, the First Edition has its own pool and so do the Base and Cali models. I'm still trying to guesstimate how many First Edition models they set before selling out. It is at least 16k based on reservation sequence numbers shared in these forums.

I honestly feel their 50k "first year" number gives them enough wiggle room in the public (and shareholder) eye to deem this a success: under-promise and over-deliver. Irregardless of that, if you notice, the First Edition and the Premium models are the only two available in 2020. And the remaining 3 models available in "early" or "spring" of 2021. I believe that 50k first year run is intended to mean 2020: which are just the First Edition and Premium models. And going into 2021, your guess is as good as mine, but it will definitely be a lot more than 50k. Especially when Tesla is pushing 90k+ each quarter.

My best guess is that the sold out First Edition (which is at least 16k) was about 20k and the remaining 30k, launching in 2020, are for Premium reservations. Overall, I estimate they currently have somewhere between 78k and 100k total reservations so far.
I think there is more to it than that. If you look at the thread you will see a GT reserved on 11/17 had a number of 7xxx while a GT ordered in 11/18 had a reservation number of 5xxx.

One of the reasons Ford supposedly set up a reservation process was to help determine regional vehicle allocation. I wonder if the numbers start based on region in conjunction with trim?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think there is more to it than that. If you look at the thread you will see a GT reserved on 11/17 had a number of 7xxx while a GT ordered in 11/18 had a reservation number of 5xxx.

One of the reasons Ford supposedly set up a reservation process was to help determine regional vehicle allocation. I wonder if the numbers start based on region in conjunction with trim?
Wow, so it seems it is a bit more complex then. I definitely imagine they have different sequences for different countries/regions. The two GT reservations: was there any indication those two were from different regions? And actually, a bit higher up in this thread.. someone actually did mention on Nov 27 that the First Edition was still available in Europe after pre-orders (presumably here) sold out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If Ford were to listen to the traditionalists Mustang would still have a live rear axle. These traditionalists don't know what is good for Ford. They want to reminisce about their idea of what a Mustang is, and don't want change, even if it kills the Mustang. They would rather it die before it changed. Ford is saying "how about we give the coupe a stablemate to bolster and support the coupe's future.

Just look at the sales trends of pony cars over the last several years and you will see that its dwindling.

I agree with a lot that you said. However, I think the coupe - in whatever form - will always exist and continue to have a demand. And muscle car folks and car and brand clubs will continue to exist. If it does somehow die someday, it would be for a brief period in time before it is resurrected. I, personally, have never been the type but some people's cars are just as important to them as their kids lol.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Touran
Country flag
Wow, so it seems it is a bit more complex then. I definitely imagine they have different sequences for different countries/regions. The two GT reservations: was there any indication those two were from different regions? And actually, a bit higher up in this thread.. someone actually did mention on Nov 27 that the First Edition was still available in Europe after pre-orders (presumably here) sold out.
First edition is still available in Norway
Ford Mustang Mach-E Latest Reservation Numbers and my Input on the Mach E 9A0AF83E-74B6-49FA-B909-14B9E8E9D49F

Srspdy1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Mustang Saleen, 2020 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Customer Service
Country flag
I believe it to be a master stroke - bringing it under the Mustang umbrella. Some see the Mustang icon as a coupe, but can't see that the icon, the badge, as being greater than the type of body that holds it. Mustang is a culture, not a body style. Mustang means enjoying a certain flavour that the icon's spirit can give, and as you rightly point out, there is a good dose of that spirit residing in the MachE. Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

What is masterful about this, though, is that Ford have used their best card to enter the new era of EVs. They're relying on the best name they've got - a name that has for a long time been recognised as a brand, simply because its so iconic - to take on this very hotly contested, and very important segment. They've basically left nothing on the table.

Bob

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac SRX
Country flag
As evidenced by the website title the Ford Mustang Mach-E is becoming the Mach-E. Nobody orders a Coca Cola, just call it Coke. The Mustang moniker caught our attention at first but the Mach-E is what it is now.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
As evidenced by the website title the Ford Mustang Mach-E is becoming the Mach-E. Nobody orders a Coca Cola, just call it Coke. The Mustang moniker caught our attention at first but the Mach-E is what it is now.
I agree... The Mach-E is being discussed on many other (non-Ford) online forums, as well, and nobody calls it "Mustang"... Everybody is just calling it the Mach-E. I personally think that the galloping horse on the BEV's exterior makes it look cool, and I like it. I think that Ford did the right thing to get this started, and as this thread's reservations statistics are showing, Ford has hit a homerun with the Mach-E. Two-door Mustang fans need not worry; when people think "Mustang", they'll think "two-door Ford muscle car" -- and if you say "I have a Ford Mustang", nobody will think "Mach-E". People with a Mach-E will say "I have a Mach-E".

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I agree... The Mach-E is being discussed on many other (non-Ford) online forums, as well, and nobody calls it "Mustang"... Everybody is just calling it the Mach-E. I personally think that the galloping horse on the BEV's exterior makes it look cool, and I like it. I think that Ford did the right thing to get this started, and as this thread's reservations statistics are showing, Ford has hit a homerun with the Mach-E. Two-door Mustang fans need not worry; when people think "Mustang", they'll think "two-door Ford muscle car" -- and if you say "I have a Ford Mustang", nobody will think "Mach-E". People with a Mach-E will say "I have a Mach-E".
Couldn't agree more. When I have talked to friends and family, I have called it a "Ford Mach E" not a Mustang.

ddlt

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NX 300H Rx350 CX5 Mach E reserved Galaxy 500 in a time long ago
Country flag
132xx premium awd extended range star white and I WANT it loaded.
11/23/2019

Last edited:

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
Very interesting! Might I ask you to explain how you calculate based on the reservations numbers? I pre-orderede First Edition on Dec 27th and got the number 10031xxx. What would you say that signifies?
Sponsored