Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So the updates that Ford are applying for customers right now as part of the recall works are specifically the ones that manage the DC Rapid charging, door controllers, and the range calculations in the drivers display. They are not updating the module that controls SYNC4A (ie all your Navigation, Maps, and the stuff you see on the big screen.)
Hi

the recall I have showing on the Ford pass only relates to the sunroof and windscreen. There is no mention of any software update. That information or statement came from the Ford lady on the desk who I am sure wouldn’t know what you were talking about in your reply to me.
I spoke to the service manager and asked him the question - “what updates / benefits were provided by the software update”
to which he replied “ I don’t know I will try to find out”

so as you can see it’s the blind leading the blind here.

so the update which allows quicker charging to 90% instead of 80% is not part of this update? As your snippet does not mention dc charging.

thanks for your help
Apologoes the email snippet didn’t specifically mention the improved rapid charging it was a direct copy paste (god knows why Ford’s PR department didn’t make it more of s selling point), but I did mention it in my previous reply. ?

The updates and recalls have been covered quite extensively here on the forum generally and in the UK thread for the last 3 months.

There were three distinct pieces of work that dealers were to carry out. One for the panoramic roof (if fitted), one for the windscreen, and the software updates.

They were labelled:

- 21C22 Windscreen Recall,
- 21S22 Panoramic Roof Recall,
- 21P22 Customer Service Improvement Program

I’ve attached the dealership communications from Ford just in case you need to print them off to show your service team.

So while the 21P22 update wouldn’t have appeared on your FordPass app - it definitely did appear on your Dealerships’ system called PTS/OASIS. It’s highlighted in bright yellow on your service record until completed and cleared down.

If they plead ignorance it may be time to find a more competent dealership to look after your vehicle (or suggest that they re-train thier Service Manager!) Whoever they are they are the worthy recipient of the Crap UK Dealership of the Week Award for this week

Have to ask though - Is this the garage where you bought the car from? If so I’m genuinely stunned they got the accreditaion to sell EV’s.

Good luck, and I hope you get it sorted :)
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
UK-Buyer

UK-Buyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD X
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Hi just got Power Up 1.71 maybe Ford have fixed their issue for UK power ups fingers crossed we start getting some more

OP
OP
UK-Buyer

UK-Buyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD X
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Looks like I was right, tonight I got Power Up 2.10, what's next tomorrow night???

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
A while ago my Android widget notified me that Power-Up 1.7.1 was being installed. When I next looked in the car, Power-Up 1.7.1 was also reported – not that it flashed up saying my software had been updated. Ford Pass also did not report anything. However after a day or so the widget (and verified on the Ford website) reported the status “artifact retrieval in progress” I assumed that software was still being installed. This status continued for over a week until the status changed to expired. Now in the car I cannot set an update schedule nor enable updates. Today my widget changed status to “request_delivery_queued” so I assume the car would have another go at updating itself – if automatic updates was set. So it will be interesting to see what happens next. I have a job 2 car being built 1/7/21

After saying all this I’m not overly concerned about getting Notes or tic-tac-toe! What I would really like is the revised charging curve as I frequently do long journeys and this would help tremendously. I understand (if I have understood correctly) that this is not directly related to the version of Power-Up but presumably, once the car can update itself reliably, the battery control module will also update itself and I will eventually get updated charging curve.

Have others had similar experience with the 1.7.1 update?

Has anyone had the updated charging curve without getting the update through a garage or FDRS?

Please feel free to correct my understanding

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
After saying all this I’m not overly concerned about getting Notes or tic-tac-toe! What I would really like is the revised charging curve as I frequently do long journeys and this would help tremendously. I understand (if I have understood correctly) that this is not directly related to the version of Power-Up but presumably, once the car can update itself reliably, the battery control module will also update itself and I will eventually get updated charging curve.

Has anyone had the updated charging curve without getting the update through a garage or FDRS?

Hi there

The only way to currently get the improved charge curve is to have the software updated in the Battery Energy Control Module by a Ford dealership (or by someone else using FDRS). It’s not available Over The Air yet - although it could feasibly be distributed using that method sometime in the future.

Most of the UK Power-Up packages so far have concentrated on updating the SYNC software with improvements to the Ford Navigation system and maps as well as Apple CarPlay enhancements.

You might also see some erroneous posts stating that the improved battery curve rolls out with Power-Up 2.3 - but there has been no evidence of this seen in the real world. The source of the error was an email from someone at Ford, but it has only ever been quoted that one time.

Hope that helps.

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
Hi there

The only way to currently get the improved charge curve is to have the software updated in the Battery Energy Control Module by a Ford dealership (or by someone else using FDRS). It’s not available Over The Air yet - although it could feasibly be distributed using that method sometime in the future.

Most of the UK Power-Up packages so far have concentrated on updating the SYNC software with improvements to the Ford Navigation system and maps as well as Apple CarPlay enhancements.

You might also see some erroneous posts stating that the improved battery curve rolls out with Power-Up 2.3 - but there has been no evidence of this seen in the real world. The source of the error was an email from someone at Ford, but it has only ever been quoted that one time.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for clarifying this.

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
They must be deploying at the moment, a week or so ago I got 1.7.1 and then 2.1 in quick succession. Problem is that it used sucked so much out of the 12V updating that I got loads of messages that there was an electrical drain!

Not sure if/when 2.3 will come along though.

Kdpt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, MG ZS EV
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The Service Dept did the updates on the system when it went in for the 4WD Fault it was stuck on 1.6 before but 1.7 after, it quickly updated OTA after, its now on 2.3 from the 11 Apr.

Pity the MME update screen does not update to show its on the most up to date version.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Latest  UK Power Up Screenshot_FordPass01

Ford Mustang Mach-E Latest  UK Power Up MME_Update01

olliekav

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD EXT
Occupation
Web Developer
Country flag
Still on 1.4 😂. Though it's in the dealers now and they are trying to run updates, no success so far.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I'm in tomorrow for them to fix the stuck 1.6.1 OTA. I have even got the parts from Amazon and will leave them on the passenger seat. I still don't have faith they will get it done though.

Baz.W.

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E SR RWD
Occupation
Production Manager
Country flag
My car has tried to install 1.71 twice now and failed both times. When I check the current SYNC version all I have now is "--" instead of any numbers. Will it sort itself out, or does it need technical help?
The car was in to get the rear brakes checked last week, and the dealership carried out the CSP21P22 update at the same time, not had the opportunity to test the new charging curve yet but I will in a couple of weeks when I head up to Scotland.

olliekav

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD EXT
Occupation
Web Developer
Country flag
Just seen in the iOS widget the Sync version has updated to 21174. The dealer has had some success updating it! It's been in for over a week now for that and the windscreen 😅

storab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e RWD
Country flag
A while ago my Android widget notified me that Power-Up 1.7.1 was being installed. When I next looked in the car, Power-Up 1.7.1 was also reported – not that it flashed up saying my software had been updated. Ford Pass also did not report anything. However after a day or so the widget (and verified on the Ford website) reported the status “artifact retrieval in progress” I assumed that software was still being installed. This status continued for over a week until the status changed to expired. Now in the car I cannot set an update schedule nor enable updates. Today my widget changed status to “request_delivery_queued” so I assume the car would have another go at updating itself – if automatic updates was set. So it will be interesting to see what happens next. I have a job 2 car being built 1/7/21

Have others had similar experience with the 1.7.1 update?

I have exactly the same problem and consider asking the dealer for a solution.

dwadj

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2021 J2 Awd ER, Transit Custom Lim aut
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
MMm,

Mine went in for some issues already twice. (last time begin of april)
And everytime the dealer did a full update (let's say they told me all available new software was updated).
For now i also get the info from the car 'you have the latest updates', but nowhere to see what powerup/versions are installed. (never got an OTA update)
Also Sync is still on version 21180 like it was when delivered in Nov last year. (aug. build job2 car)
Anybody already was able to have an update on Sync because it has still plenty of issues...?
But biggest issue is still not fixed, sometimes the car does not register the consumption or mileage properly.
Eg. on sunday we drove some 90 km to a place and 90 km back, but nothing in the ev history, nor in the Ford pass app for that day, and this happens a regular bases...
Also sometines the registration is wrong, you know a particular route is like this no of km, however the car registers it as double the amount, so you get a very very optimistic consumption of sometimes 12 miles/kwh.... impossible....
I def. need to check if this also has in impact on the odo meter...
If it's also registering twice the amount of driven mileage .....
Sponsored