Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 Accord; ‘94 GT Mustang
Country flag
  • Banned
Around the 17:50 mark of the video below, this seemingly credible gentleman, Tom Moloughney, says two Ford dealership principals told him that the Mach E’s launch moved up from end of 2020 to first-half 2020. Some dealerships could be getting their allotments as early as end of Q1 2020, he says.

Sponsored

Last edited:

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
Whew thank goodness the front of that youtube thumbnail is the front of a Tesla Model Y. For a few seconds I thought it was the front half of the Mach E, which would look terrible.

Good news if true on the moving up of the Mach E launch. The faster they can get this thing out before the Tesla Model Y hits the better, and Musk just this week said it will launch before the original late-2020 estimate.

Res Nullius

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf, X3
Country flag
Whew thank goodness the front of that youtube thumbnail is the front of a Tesla Model Y. For a few seconds I thought it was the front half of the Mach E, which would look terrible.
Grafting the Model Y front onto the Mach E shows how much sleeker the Mach E should look. The Model Y always seemed dumpy to me anyway like a smushed Model X.

Compare these, it's pretty clear which is going to be sportier looking.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Launch Date? ford-mach-e-teaser-1024

Ford Mustang Mach-E Launch Date? model_y_side_blue

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
If the CAD's are any indication the Mach E will be a very good looking car.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Ford Twitter replied to my tweet about hoping we will see a near production unit in November with this:

Our Mustang-inspired all-electric SUV will be available Fall 2020 in Europe and US. Later in China.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Twitter replied to my tweet about hoping we will see a near production unit in November with this:

Our Mustang-inspired all-electric SUV will be available Fall 2020 in Europe and US. Later in China.
Not saying yea or na. Ford has shown new models early before and I'm hoping the Mach E will be the same

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Not saying yea or na. Ford has shown new models early before and I'm hoping the Mach E will be the same
Yep, they have but that sure wasn't the case for the 2020 Escape. They have just recently shown up at my local dealers for the last week.

For me, I have to wait for my Clarity PHEV lease to end in October of 2021 before I can jump. I will test drive it a few times as soon as I can!

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, they have but that sure wasn't the case for the 2020 Escape. They have just recently shown up at my local dealers for the last week.
This is true but the Escape has been on the Ford web site for quite a while including build configutor.
Sponsored