atlrealtor

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC canyon
Country flag
Hi all! I am a real estate agent in Atlanta, currently drive a 2016 GMC Canyon that I bought new 12/2016, it has almost 120k miles on it. I don’t owe much on it and my payment is $395/month. I’m debating on three options:
1 - trade in and purchase Mach e
2 and 3 - keep canyon for most of my driving and either lease Mach e with typical lease OR go the Ford Options route.

I know there are mileage limits on leasing, which is why I’ve never leased, but having the Mach e as a “weekend car” is peaking my interest. Any thoughts? How would I calculate my payments on leasing and Ford options? My local dealership says they have no details on the Ford Options program.
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
It's gong to be way cheaper to drive the Mach E. At $.12/kWh you are looking at $.03-$.04/mile as opposed to $.10 if gas is $2.50/gallon. So if it's large enough I can't see using the Mach E as a weekend driver.

If you are using the Mach E as your daily drive then your miles are too high for a lease. You'd want to go with Options.

When you configure your Mach E on the Ford site there is a button on the top right for "Finance". That will show Options. Note that since you get a $7500 tax rebate with Options you'll need to subtract $210/month from the monthly to account for that.

OP
OP

atlrealtor

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC canyon
Country flag
It's gong to be way cheaper to drive the Mach E. At $.12/kWh you are looking at $.03-$.04/mile as opposed to $.10 if gas is $2.50/gallon. So if it's large enough I can't see using the Mach E as a weekend driver.

If you are using the Mach E as your daily drive then your miles are too high for a lease. You'd want to go with Options.

When you configure your Mach E on the Ford site there is a button on the top right for "Finance". That will show Options. Note that since you get a $7500 tax rebate with Options you'll need to subtract $210/month from the monthly to account for that.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lease or purchase BEDF4809-4F6F-48EB-9B14-2E511C7A4E55

not seeing anything about “Finance”. IfI click the calculator at the bottom, it just shows me a breakdown of the cash price.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Is your dealer marking up the car $6000? I noticed the MSRP and the dealer asking price.

OP
OP

atlrealtor

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC canyon
Country flag
Is your dealer marking up the car $6000? I noticed the MSRP and the dealer asking price.
That’s what is shown, yes. I would go to a different dealer that doesn’t markup like that?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That’s what is shown, yes. I would go to a different dealer that doesn’t markup like that?
Welcome to the Board. Best MachE resource there is.

Definitely find a dealer that has no additional markup. No one on this board is paying above MSRP.

Reactions: abr

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's a badly written web app. Get to the point where you pick the color and then click the finance calculator. After you select a dealer, select the model, drivetrain, and color - but stay on that window. Click the "finance" button and it will give you an option for finance or options (which is not exactly a lease). The calculator doesn't have the option for the traditional lease yet:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Lease or purchase Screenshot from 2020-11-20 04-55-10

Ford Mustang Mach-E Lease or purchase Screenshot from 2020-11-20 04-55-37

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Welcome to the Board. Best MachE resource there is.

Definitely find a dealer that has no additional markup. No one on this board is paying above MSRP.
Also check out X Plan through MCofA or other sources (see other threads on the Forum) to get below MSRP pricing.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hi all! I am a real estate agent in Atlanta, currently drive a 2016 GMC Canyon that I bought new 12/2016, it has almost 120k miles on it. I don’t owe much on it and my payment is $395/month. I’m debating on three options:
1 - trade in and purchase Mach e
2 and 3 - keep canyon for most of my driving and either lease Mach e with typical lease OR go the Ford Options route.

I know there are mileage limits on leasing, which is why I’ve never leased, but having the Mach e as a “weekend car” is peaking my interest. Any thoughts? How would I calculate my payments on leasing and Ford options? My local dealership says they have no details on the Ford Options program.
Here is a link to a thread of dealers not charging mark up and discussions on XPlan.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/official-list-no-adm-mach-e-ford-dealers.95/

Dealers do have all of the information available on the FMC dealer website to calculate payments for Options, lease or normal retail if they choose to pull it up. It’s not like it’s not available, they just have to read it.
Sponsored