Lectron - Tesla to J1772 Adapter, Max 40A & 250V - Compatible with Tesla High Powered Connector, Destination Charger, and Mobile Connector (White)

StarLog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I purchased this adapter for charging the GT. I have a Tesla charger for my Model Y, which charges to full battery in 3-5 hours 30amp.
When I connected it to the charger, and plugged into the GT, it took about 12 hours. That seems like it is not getting the full Kw. Anyone have suggestions?
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I purchased this adapter for charging the GT. I have a Tesla charger for my Model Y, which charges to full battery in 3-5 hours 30amp.
When I connected it to the charger, and plugged into the GT, it took about 12 hours. That seems like it is not getting the full Kw. Anyone have suggestions?
What does your Tesla charge at? I think you meant 32 amps? Or does it charge at 24A on a 30A breaker?

At 32A the Mach-E will charge at about 20 MPH. I'm not sure how low it was to begin with? If it was down to less than 25% then yes it might take that long.

When using the adapter with some Tesla wall chargers, you need to plug the Tesla connecter into the socket and wait 30 seconds before connecting the J1772 end to your car. This forces the wall charger to switch to J1772 legacy mode. Make sure you push the connector in firmly, a bad connection could slow down or stop charging.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Perhaps the two cars had significantly different starting charge levels with the Tesla being much higher than the MME? How long it takes to get “full” is depends on where they started. They should be charging at similar rates @ 30A.

OP
OP

StarLog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Yes, I was wrong it is a 40amp breaker, and charges at around 32 watts maybe.

I did plug it in to the tesla charge handel and waited, maybe not long enough, tring again today.

Very much appreciate the answers to these noobie questions.
Sponsored

Last edited: