Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So I was an early adopter, and knew that snags would probably be a thing with my early December 2020 built Mach-E RWD ER when it finally got delivered to me in the UK in May 2021.

I’ve had all sorts of issues like the SYNC4 screen blanking out when the sun shines, leaking rear windscreen, off centre glass roof, and all sorts of SYNC4A software issues.

To be fair to Ford UK they have been very very good to me while they sort things out bit by bit, but after seeing the new color availability on the 2022 models it did cross my mind whether I should cut my losses on my 2021 model and get a slightly less snaggy 2022 model.

The lead time for the new models here is 38 weeks (Delivery ETA May 2022) - but I wondered - are the newer build Mach-E’s any less prone to all these teething issues and snags? Have they tidied up the assembly line issues, or would I end up replacing one snaggy car with another?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So I was an early adopter, and knew that snags would probably be a thing with my early December 2020 built Mach-E RWD ER when it finally got delivered to me in the UK in May 2021.

I’ve had all sorts of issues like the SYNC4 screen blanking out when the sun shines, leaking rear windscreen, off centre glass roof, and all sorts of SYNC4A software issues.

To be fair to Ford UK they have been very very good to me while they sort things out bit by bit, but after seeing the new color availability on the 2022 models it did cross my mind whether I should cut my losses on my 2021 model and get a slightly less snaggy 2022 model.

The lead time for the new models here is 38 weeks (Delivery ETA May 2022) - but I wondered - are the newer build Mach-E’s any less prone to all these teething issues and snags? Have they tidied up the assembly line issues, or would I end up replacing one snaggy car with another?
They are most certainly trying to tighten up QC and build quality. Most of your issues are probably well sorted out, other than Sync (although software by that time might finally be there). I will say that, to my knowledge, Ford does super suck at actually making sure the changes they implement in the line worked.

For example, I have the IPC buzz, I was ASSURED that it was fixed on the line and they could fix mine. Here I am, 3 months after buying the car I was ASSURED could be fixed and I still have buzzing. I even offered to send a video to the engineers when I had a call with them and they were ECSTATIC like holy cow if you can get us a video that would be awesome. It made me realize they don't check these forums, 99% of what the Ford reps on here read never even make it back to them.

Sorry for the rant, it was just such an odd moment on that call where I had the epiphany that all the stuff we talk about on here, etc. have a near 0% chance of making it to anyone who can do anything. I mean, the IPC buzzing is a pretty bad issue, it gives me a gnarly headache and there are quite a few videos and a super long thread on here and it was almost like the first time they had heard about it.