Let’s Clean Up FordPass

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The FordPass layout is a messy mess. In this thread, I’d like to make some proposals to clean it up. NOT burn it down and start over, which @Ford Motor Company obviously isn’t going to do, but clean it up around the edges, organize it a bit better, etc.

They are obviously taking some of our suggestions - at least in a half-handed way - so let’s keep trying to nudge them in the right direction.

I’ll start. I honestly don’t care about most of the guts of the app - I just want to be able to access all key functionality either on the home page or one tap away, without scrolling. Here’s how to do that….

Ford Mustang Mach-E Let’s Clean Up FordPass D6DE1422-FF99-49F1-9FD3-766A5045D29B

Ford Mustang Mach-E Let’s Clean Up FordPass EFE69D38-641B-4EBD-9899-2852A917596C

Alright, so here’s the home page in two screen shots because dumb scrolling. Starting from the top….
  1. Get rid of the new “shrink / expand” button for the car picture and just go with the new smaller view. Really guys? I’m trying to envision how this conversation went down. “Gee - they kinda have a point that the bigass car picture is wasting a lot of space and it’s totally pointless…. But hold on - what if there are people who like the bigass car picture that wastes a bunch of space and is totally pointless? I’ve got it! Let’s add another freaking button to allow people to toggle between the bigass car picture that’s totally useless and the much smaller but still totally useless car picture!”
  2. The My News tiles and Actual Range disclaimer are totally useless on the home page. Get rid of them.
Ok now we’ve freed up more space. Now what to add to the Home Screen? In my opinion just a couple of things from the Vehicle tab….

Ford Mustang Mach-E Let’s Clean Up FordPass B8FC7D9B-2815-495E-AA95-AB90262F2E42

Here is the stuff from the vehicle tab that is useful enough that it would be nice to reach with one tap from the Home Screen:
  1. Location and odo
  2. Departure settings
  3. Charge settings
Put the location and odo near the top above the SOC and guess o meter.

Shrink down the Locate Charger Button and add buttons for Departure Settings and Charge Settings in that row.

Ok… I think that’s all I would do with the home page.

Thoughts? What else would you do, on the home page or elsewhere?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Before most of these things, the app needs to FREAKING FUNCTION RELIABLY.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Do Not bother. I was part of a Focus group and saw the new one. It’s much improved! I cannot disclose anything but very nice improvements coming.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Do Not bother. I was part of a Focus group and saw the new one. It’s much improved! I cannot disclose anything but very nice improvements coming.
So, like unrecognizable improved? Are you allowed to provide a time line?

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Are they much anticipated? You know, like the haptic feedback on Apple Watch? ?

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
They need to ditch FordPass and make software that is actually developed for electric cars. Them trying to make FordPass work with the EV world was, in my opinion, a mistake. FordPass was barely usable with ICE cars, let alone an EV.

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
The redesign is desperately needed. They should recruit some experienced app designers. The car is great. The app is not very well implemented.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Before most of these things, the app needs to FREAKING FUNCTION RELIABLY.
This. I'm almost positive Ford is using the same designers for their website and app. If that's the case, fire them and onboard a new CONTEMPORARY web/mobile designer with modern UX skills.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If this supposed redesign is coming any time soon, why did they even bother with the latest release just to be able to shrink and expand the car? That doesn’t indicate a big redesign is just around the corner.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Hmm, ok, so don't tell us anything just thumbs up or thumbs down.

1. Will I have a functioning Automatic Frunk Opening?

2. Will I have an button on the app that will automatically release the Frunk lid?

3. Will I no longer have to reach into the car (driver's side) down low by the door, pull a lever 2 times to access the Frunk?

Just three random questions regarding the updated App coming. Remember don't tell us anything, just thumbs up or thumbs down!!!

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To add to this list of questions, will there be a slider to dynamically change the size of the car image? I’d like to be able to blow up to at least half the Home Screen depending on my mood.

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
On my Focus Electric, I really miss that the MFM app would save some time by actually showing a charging cable plugged in the picture of the car, easily confirming that It was charging (or waiting to). I really only ever want to know what the charge is doing and how far it will go if I leave now, o remote start it, or lock it.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I really don't care. I look at it while charging.

Ford has my laptop's email and that works for EVERYTHING I need Fordpass for..... Isn't the car itself enough high tech to get to and from work and the store? I can't imagine that screen not being large enough that they need a series of screens on my phone too? Tire pressure while I'm not driving? Really?

Simplification is the hallmark of good design, not bloated information conduits.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Here's my wish list:

1. Change my time zone out of Eastern time
2. Is the car locked or unlocked?
3. Are the windows up or down?
4. Are the doors open or closed?
5. Is the trunk/frunk open or closed?
6. Adjust the cabin temp
7. Adjust the seat/steering wheel heaters

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
They need to ditch FordPass and make software that is actually developed for electric cars. Them trying to make FordPass work with the EV world was, in my opinion, a mistake. FordPass was barely usable with ICE cars, let alone an EV.
Ford owners can have multiple vehicles which may be a combo of EV and ICE (like I do), so it's not really a practical solution to expect a different app for each type.
Sponsored