Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
Do Not bother. I was part of a Focus group and saw the new one. It’s much improved! I cannot disclose anything but very nice improvements coming.
Your NDA probably doesn't even allow you to disclose this much.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Ford owners can have multiple vehicles which may be a combo of EV and ICE (like I do), so it's not really a practical solution to expect a different app for each type.
And yet, there clearly are some differences incorporated for EV owners, so they do seem capable of it.

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
And yet, there clearly are some differences incorporated for EV owners, so they do seem capable of it.
Most of the functionality enabled by the app doesn't happen on the phone (except for the Bluetooth-enabled services like PAAK). They happen in the cloud, so the app is primarily just a user interface to back-end services (including non-vehicle services such as financial management and roadside assistance) that are common across all customers. Therefore, there's no reason to keep the types of vehicles in separate apps.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I wish I could say more, but I am bound by an NDA. I was extremely pleased at the look, feel and operation, it was much more intuitive and more “app like”. Everything was easy to find, many items were in multiple places. Of course, what I saw, may not end up being the way they go, but I was very positive to Ford about the change and provided a ton of feedback for additional improvements. I was able to run/operate it virtually.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I wish I could say more, but I am bound by an NDA. I was extremely pleased at the look, feel and operation, it was much more intuitive and more “app like”. Everything was easy to find, many items were in multiple places. Of course, what I saw, may not end up being the way they go, but I was very positive to Ford about the change and provided a ton of feedback for additional improvements. I was able to run/operate it virtually.
did they give you a hint about when they would roll this out?

olliekav

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD EXT
Occupation
Web Developer
Country flag
Could imagine it being in a similar UI style to the FordPass Pro app which is a lot better, but is missing a lot of consumer based features currently.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Let’s Clean Up FordPass C693D8FC-0D5C-4C3C-9960-7960E668D2E4
Ford Mustang Mach-E Let’s Clean Up FordPass ACB5306C-1A13-4B7F-AD67-511E98EB7520

ToTheMoonDJ

First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD EXTD - Rapid Red
Country flag
They need to ditch FordPass and make software that is actually developed for electric cars. Them trying to make FordPass work with the EV world was, in my opinion, a mistake. FordPass was barely usable with ICE cars, let alone an EV.
Was just thinking something along these lines. Ford should consider an app for their EVs and an app for their ICE vehicles.

ToTheMoonDJ

First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD EXTD - Rapid Red
Country flag
I’d love to be able to participate in this testing. I run beta OS’s on all my Apple products, I test a few apps via TestFlight, I even test products from time to time via uTest.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Could imagine it being in a similar UI style to the FordPass Pro app which is a lot better, but is missing a lot of consumer based features currently.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Let’s Clean Up FordPass ACB5306C-1A13-4B7F-AD67-511E98EB7520
What is this black magic???

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

This must be the Euro app. Looks much better.

olliekav

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD EXT
Occupation
Web Developer
Country flag
It’s available in the UK for commercial fleets to manage their cars/vans with Ford pass connect modems. You can add personal cars to it, just without some of the more consumer focused features on the normal FordPass app.

I imagine they’ll start charging for it as it’s business related so we’ll lose access. ??‍♂

It’s so much nicer to use though!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Do Not bother. I was part of a Focus group and saw the new one. It’s much improved! I cannot disclose anything but very nice improvements coming.
Focus? Or Fiesta? ???

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I was super happy last night when I noticed under departures in the app there is actually a TIME ZONE option!! It was showing DETRIOT so I changed it to LA and turned off my departure times for today since its a holiday.

I had went back in to double check the departure time was off........ DETRIOT.... %&$@*_)%^&@$*
Sponsored