Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thought that was just me.
And here I thought VA and MI were in the same time zone

I was super happy last night when I noticed under departures in the app there is actually a TIME ZONE option!! It was showing DETRIOT so I changed it to LA and turned off my departure times for today since its a holiday.

I had went back in to double check the departure time was off........ DETRIOT.... %&$@*_)%^&@$*
That's just Ford spicing up life for yah!
Sponsored

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
I have a varied daily schedule and would still like to set up one-time departure for the next morning without having to remember to remote start at T minus 15 mins.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The FordPass layout is a messy mess. In this thread, I’d like to make some proposals to clean it up. NOT burn it down and start over, which @Ford Motor Company obviously isn’t going to do, but clean it up around the edges, organize it a bit better, etc.

They are obviously taking some of our suggestions - at least in a half-handed way - so let’s keep trying to nudge them in the right direction.

I’ll start. I honestly don’t care about most of the guts of the app - I just want to be able to access all key functionality either on the home page or one tap away, without scrolling. Here’s how to do that….

D6DE1422-FF99-49F1-9FD3-766A5045D29B.png

EFE69D38-641B-4EBD-9899-2852A917596C.jpeg

Alright, so here’s the home page in two screen shots because dumb scrolling. Starting from the top….
  1. Get rid of the new “shrink / expand” button for the car picture and just go with the new smaller view. Really guys? I’m trying to envision how this conversation went down. “Gee - they kinda have a point that the bigass car picture is wasting a lot of space and it’s totally pointless…. But hold on - what if there are people who like the bigass car picture that wastes a bunch of space and is totally pointless? I’ve got it! Let’s add another freaking button to allow people to toggle between the bigass car picture that’s totally useless and the much smaller but still totally useless car picture!”
  2. The My News tiles and Actual Range disclaimer are totally useless on the home page. Get rid of them.
Ok now we’ve freed up more space. Now what to add to the Home Screen? In my opinion just a couple of things from the Vehicle tab….

B8FC7D9B-2815-495E-AA95-AB90262F2E42.jpeg

Here is the stuff from the vehicle tab that is useful enough that it would be nice to reach with one tap from the Home Screen:
  1. Location and odo
  2. Departure settings
  3. Charge settings
Put the location and odo near the top above the SOC and guess o meter.

Shrink down the Locate Charger Button and add buttons for Departure Settings and Charge Settings in that row.

Ok… I think that’s all I would do with the home page.

Thoughts? What else would you do, on the home page or elsewhere?
Good clean redo...where do I find them
Free kw from ford.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Love all the UI ideas. I'm not a UI guy so I'll let you all hash that out. My biggest wish right now is that someone teaches FordPass that walking 2mph is not driving. I'd like to just open it and unlock or start my car as I walk. I swear I am not driving Ford. I am not an abnormally fast walker.

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I really don't care. I look at it while charging.

Ford has my laptop's email and that works for EVERYTHING I need Fordpass for..... Isn't the car itself enough high tech to get to and from work and the store? I can't imagine that screen not being large enough that they need a series of screens on my phone too? Tire pressure while I'm not driving? Really?

Simplification is the hallmark of good design, not bloated information conduits.
I use the UConnect app to monitor my wife's Ram truck. I keep track of her oil life and tire pressures (she doesn't). When you open the app all you have is the door buttons, remote start and panic alarm. On the information page you have tire pressures oil life and gas milage, there's more on other page's.
Sponsored