Aquar33f

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
How has everyone’s experience with BlueCruise been (if received)?

what I found surprising is that the reviews seemed to make BC out to be hands free or nothing at all. Instead there is hands on BC and hands off BC.

Both have been working OK for me. The hands on BC mode turns on for me all over the place (even what are seemingly normal roads), and the hands free works on allthe major ones, as expected.

Makes for a chilled commute when I want, and a fun Driving experience when I turn it off.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No such thing as hands on BlueCruise...

OP
OP
Aquar33f

Aquar33f

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
I think you're confusing BlueCruise with adaptive cruise control/lane centering....
Well that was what I thought too, but I get a pop up that says “BlueCruise active, keep hands on wheel” and it steers down the road and I get a blue circle around the car. Lane keep assist I thought was just the lines on the side of the car (if green)

Will try and get a picture next time I turn it on.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

what I found surprising is that the reviews seemed to make BC out to be hands free or nothing at all. Instead there is hands on BC and hands off BC.

Both have been working OK for me. The hands on BC mode turns on for me all over the place (even what are seemingly normal roads), and the hands free works on allthe major ones, as expected.

Makes for a chilled commute when I want, and a fun Driving experience when I turn it off.
Hands on = Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0
Hands Off = BlueCruise (Ford Co-Pilot Active 2.0)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Let’s talk BlueCruise 1641332980317

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I can't fault anyone for getting confused about how to distinguish Blue Cruise from Ford Active Driving Assist 2.0 Co-pilot 360 Intelligent Mustang Cruise Control with Blue Oval Lane Centering.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I used to have BC until I flashed an ABS update ... Don't miss it one bit.

As for the OP saying that there's a non-hands free version of BC, yes the car does say that. On roads where there's no "hands free" version of BC available it still says "BlueCruise Available". When you engage it it clearly tells you to keep your hands on the wheel. The eye nanny and hand nannies are also present. On these roads the car image is surrounded by the BC bubble and the only difference is the little hand icon at the bottom.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
It works ~99% for me, where it's supposed to work.

The other ~1% terrifies me. I know the system could fail at any time, so it's far more stressful using BlueCruise than regular, human driving. Cool system. For me, it has entertainment value, but no practical value.

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
To this point, having Blue Cruise has been far less significant to me than having the adaptive cruise control with lane centering. When my work ends its current mandatory work from home arrangement, I will commute on a BC-enabled road. There just isn’t a lot of availability. BC has been neat but I find it needs me to take over quite a bit. More party trick than a game changer for me.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Blue cruise shuts off all the time due to curves and exit confusion. Likes to ride the inside or the outside of the lane. Drifts out of the lane pretty regularly and then fires off warning sounds and flashing symbols like it’s my fault instead of something it did itself. Results in getting a lot of middle fingers from other motorists when Bluecruise nearly runs them off the road. I just throw my hands in the air and point at the car since it was the one driving.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
What’s this?

F3F87161-FAA0-4D1B-9763-063D9A3EEEC7.jpeg
That is the standard adaptive cruise/ lane keeping software, which is modified when BlueCruise is installed in the vehicle, with the word "BlueCruise". If it shows hands on the steering wheel, it's not BlueCruise, which is no hands. No different in operation than my Job 1 vehicle which doesn't have BlueCruise yet.

Last edited: