trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
If you want one now don't stop. Keep looking around and might have to drive further. Everyone has to understand a few things. There are fewer and fewer vehicles one the lots. ALL AND I MEAN ALL are not giving as many rebates and cutting back. Certain vehicles that might have not sold are selling out. There isn't much out there. Kinda like gas right now for some people. Supply and demand.

Used car prices are going to be 20% to 30% more this year and next year. You have car lots just empty in places right now.

So either keep searching hard work pays off and drive futher. Or order your mache and wait.
Sponsored

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I went to their website where it is listed for $47,000. I filled out the form and they called me. Stephanie said the price is $57,000. She said the reason the price on the website was incorrect was that the dealership can't update the price on the website. What a bunch of BS.

That is a bad dealership.
Yep, Stefanie was also my salesperson. In the almost two weeks we discussed this sale off and on, she never once mentioned the markup. I wondered how it was still available. Total garbage dealership.

Has to be false advertising, right?!?

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
Contact Mike Levine. He contacted my dealer and the $5000 adm magically disappeared. The gm suddenly became my best friend and traded with another dealership to get the specific car I was looking for. Worth a try.

Ksha11

First Name
Krishan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
So are you promoting black market of things when the demand increases ?
Does Costco start selling toilet paper 10$ more if they are out of it ?
Anyways I hope you understand my point. Have a good day

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Contact Mike Levine. He contacted my dealer and the $5000 adm magically disappeared. The gm suddenly became my best friend and traded with another dealership to get the specific car I was looking for. Worth a try.
The one at the place I mentioned a page or so back (where they sprang the $10k ADM on me right as I was about to put down a deposit) is still there. I've yet to see the base Premium model on a lot for more than a week during my search for one this past month, but this joker has been sitting on that lot for 3 weeks at least, in a massive area like DFW. You'd think at some point they'd give up on that ridiculous markup and try to move it, but I guess not.

I don't think I'd even buy it from them if Levine made the ADM disappear, they're just a shady dealership not deserving of my business.

Si3po

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So I had a bad experience with a dealer a couple weeks ago how do I reach out to Mike? Does it have to be over Twitter? The dealer added 2,000 to the MSRP of the Select Trim model and tacked on more dealer add ons that were "non-negotiable." Disgusting!

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
So I've been talking to a local dealership about a Mach-E and one in TX, just to hedge my bets. The one in TX offered to let me put down a deposit to hold it, so I figured sure, if the local one falls through, I'll have this one in my back pocket.

Called today to get it done, and she transfers me to her manager. Her manager then proceeds to tell me there is a $10,000 "market adjustment" over the price on their website. I laughed and told him no thanks, and hung up. She called me back, and said he was willing to make it a $5000 markup. I laughed again and said no thanks, and she was not happy. If all else fails, I'll just wait. My local dealership provided me with a printout of the total cost, so I hope I can hold them to that when it arrives.

The scummy lying dealership is Waxahachie Ford in TX. Steer clear. Luckily they told me this before I made the trip (visiting family next weekend, was going to be in the area).

https://www.waxahachieford.com/new/3FMTK3RM5MMA17860.htm

I replied to the Tweet from the first post in this thread, who knows if he even cares anymore. The website and window sticker both have the MSRP, it was only when I spoke to the manager that I was told it was an extra $10k.
The sales manager from Waxahachie Ford dealership called me yesterday. They have removed the ADM based on directions from Ford.

He said he was going through the list of people that had contacted about buying it. Hopefully they reached and were able to contact you.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The sales manager from Waxahachie Ford dealership called me yesterday. They have removed the ADM based on directions from Ford.

He said he was going through the list of people that had contacted about buying it. Hopefully they reached and were able to contact you.
Probably not. I was maybe not all that nice in how I reacted to them, especially after having discussed the car for a couple of weeks before they dropped the ADM hammer on me. No worries, I found an Infinite Blue here in Memphis, so I no longer need them :)

VijKrishna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Time would be better spent from Mr Levine (who actually blocked me on twitter for some unknown reason), by sending a letter to all dealerships with a statement. However I am not a Tesla fan but one has the option to buy that 10K self-driving software, one does not have a choice with ADM when it's added on. Yes I know one can leave and go to another dealer. I have a feeling Ford is going figure this one out soon, but really should have been before the first delivery. One can hope for others this gets taken care of...
I was blocked by Mike Levine as well. What ended up happening in your case?

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
You don't live in Florida though. This question has come up again and again on other car forums. In Florida extended warranties are considered insurance products and regulated as such. For starters the seller must be licensed in Florida (Title XXXVII of Florida statutes, covering insurance, 634.403 which refers to service warranties in general) so an out-of-state dealer cannot legally sell an extended warranty to a Florida resident, it also prohibits sellers from giving different discounts to different customers (634.1815 which covers motor vehicle service agreements in particular) so dealers claim they can only sell these policies at MSRP. The regulation only applies to sellers though, one can certainly buy one from an out-of-state dealer. Would a Florida dealer refuse to perform service covered by the extended warranty purchased out of state by a Florida resident? I have no idea.
Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else. I was hoping someone would know the answer to residents that live in Florida and purchased an out-of-state extended warranty. I have a address in Florida and SC. But basically live in Florida. Can a Florida dealer refuse to accept/cover something covered under the warranty because I purchased in a different state?
Sponsored