Clydesdale

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M Roadster. Chevy Tahoe. Tesla model3.
Country flag
You can tell by the use of his name he is trying to call the mustang a clydesdale. Which is actually okay because they are a real workhorse, solid and reliable and deceptively fast. I think I've found a new name for my horse.
Mustang - sleek, quick - coupe/convt sports car
Clydesdale - massive presence, utility - Mach-e
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Mustang - sleek, quick - coupe/convt sports car
Clydesdale - massive presence, utility - Mach-e
Cool. But you're right let's stop focusing on something that doesn't exist. Hopefully it will one day soon and by then everyone will have it.

Keep checking out the forums. Go for a test drive and see if you have as much fun as we have had. Next time I might try out a different ev but for now this is good.

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I’m detecting an underlying current of agenda coming from several members of this board who go out of their way to post misleading and often inaccurate information.
I guess you may be referring to me as one of them? What is misleading and inaccurate? Please be specific and provide proof. How else can that be corrected?
Below you can hear all the tall false promises from Elon's own mouth.

Video Link

Or this if Elon and his team gets to remove that:
https://www.pivotalcapitalresearch....tist-tesla-s-full-self-driving-scam-revisited

This thread is about ADM and Tesla FSD comparison. Letting people know the truth about FSD is fair game & a moral obligation, so we can save people from being misled by the company that shall not be named into buying its cars on false hopes. We may even save some lives on the roads.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...-florida-deputys-cruiser-underage-teen-cited/

Last edited:

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Doesn't feel quick but when I check the rear vision mirror off the lights there no one behind for bit of a distance. And I'm not putting the foot down (much) and not in unbridled either.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
From your post - " I've bought two Tesla, both with FSD, so I know that when you pay for FSD it is clearly stated that most of the future functionality may never be developed to the point that regulators approve it."

So you fell for a scam and paid $20,000 for that privilege. Good for you.
See, this is what I don't think belongs here. You are using a thread about ADM to slam Tesla with untruths and then people complain that Tesla people are hijacking the thread.

If inaccurate and misleading information unrelated to the purpose of this thread wasn't being posted as if it were true, no one would be talking Tesla here. I came here to learn about Fords first serious EV (I'm a huge EV enthusiast) but I was shocked to to see people repeating TSLAQ Tesla misinformation here as if it were true. When I explained why the posted info was misleading and false, a whole flood of anti-Tesla untruths were unleashed. It's something I might expect to see on a Dodge Ram forum (or maybe even an F-150 forum) but not on a forum for other EV enthusiasts.

As to FSD being fraudulent, I've already explained why it's clearly not. A number of Tesla owners also believe autonomous driving is not solvable in the next decade but they don't call it a fraud because they are aware that purchase of FSD doesn't guarantee FSD . Purchase of FSD only guarantees the right to FSD as it is developed. So why do they own a Tesla if they think FSD development won't be fruitful? Because they love the car, the features such as Autopilot, and they don't have to pay a dime for FSD since they don't think Tesla will develop it successfully.

Clearly, you don't think Tesla will succeed at FSD and that is fine. But don't call it fraud when Tesla allows those who want it to essentially buy an option on it at a price well below the market value of the completed product.

And nowhere did I say my wife and I spent $20K on FSD! So that's more misinformation. I believe mine was $3.5K and my wife's was $4k. It depends upon when it's purchased. The price has been going up as FSD development progresses.

When people stop posting anti-Tesla misinformation in a non-Tesla thread, I will stop posting about Tesla to correct the misinformation. But the anti -Tesla misinformation hasn't stopped yet. There is a veritable fountain of it. All of it demonstrably false and misleading. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
What's the point of having a Tesla if it doesn't FSD? That's the dream they try to sell you on.
You might not be aware of this but they all come with Autopilot, even if you don't pay for FSD. But even if they didn't, it's kind of non-sensical to ask, "What's the point of having a Tesla if it doesn't have FSD?". You can't buy a fully autonomous car of any make right now. That doesn't mean buyers can't compare the current features, performance, handling, infotainment, range, charging networks, styling, etc. and decide what's best for them.

I researched further and the Mach-E popped up. I knew it was the car for me. So I'm happy. And it's so much fun I may not want any form of FSD later. I love technology so yeah I'll get it - if it's real.
I'm sincerely glad you found the perfect fit! Seriously, that's what these kind of forums should be for.

Its nice to have a real car Not fueled by vapour ware.
Umm...a Tesla is fueled by the same thing a Mach-e runs on - electrons. And I assure you, both the cars in our driveway are "real cars". The fact that FSD is not complete yet, or that a Tesla owner might chose to not purchase it, does not detract from the vehicle it is.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
I guess you may be referring to me as one of them? What is misleading and inaccurate? Please be specific and provide proof.
Ok, I'll be specific about your misleading info below.

This thread is about ADM and Tesla FSD comparison. Letting people know the truth about FSD is fair game & a moral obligation, so we can save people from being misled by the company that shall not be named into buying its cars on false hopes. We may even save some lives on the roads.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...-florida-deputys-cruiser-underage-teen-cited/
You are claiming that Tesla's are dangerous and you post a story calling the Tesla "self-driving". The story is inaccurate because there are no "self-driving" Tesla cars. They have Autopilot which is like an more advanced version of Ford's lane-keeping and traffic aware cruise control. Both systems require a licensed driver behind the wheel taking responsibility for the driving. If a Mach-e crashed would the headline call it a "self-driving" car? Tesla hasn't released self-driving yet.

Further, the two unlicensed kids in the Tesla actually backed into the police cruiser - that was the only accident reported. Just one problem: Autopilot cannot be engaged when in reverse and Autopilot can not change gears from forward to reverse.

This means this crash has nothing to do with FSD, nothing to do with Autopilot and everything to do with unlicensed children driving a car. Which means your entire post is not about safety, it's about trying to make Tesla look bad when the accident had nothing to do with Tesla (other than that's the kind of car the kids were driving). Kids have been pulling stunts like this since there were automobiles.

I have to agree with the poster who said there are a few people here that are actively fanning the flames of hate against Tesla which I think goes against the spirit of being EV enthusiasts. What compounds it is almost all the info cited to achieve this end is false or misleading. It's not in good taste.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
See, this is what I don't think belongs here. You are using a thread about ADM to slam Tesla with untruths and then people complain that Tesla people are hijacking the thread.

If inaccurate and misleading information unrelated to the purpose of this thread wasn't being posted as if it were true, no one would be talking Tesla here. I came here to learn about Fords first serious EV (I'm a huge EV enthusiast) but I was shocked to to see people repeating TSLAQ Tesla misinformation here as if it were true. When I explained why the posted info was misleading and false, a whole flood of anti-Tesla untruths were unleashed. It's something I might expect to see on a Dodge Ram forum (or maybe even an F-150 forum) but not on a forum for other EV enthusiasts.

As to FSD being fraudulent, I've already explained why it's clearly not. A number of Tesla owners also believe autonomous driving is not solvable in the next decade but they don't call it a fraud because they are aware that purchase of FSD doesn't guarantee FSD . Purchase of FSD only guarantees the right to FSD as it is developed. So why do they own a Tesla if they think FSD development won't be fruitful? Because they love the car, the features such as Autopilot, and they don't have to pay a dime for FSD since they don't think Tesla will develop it successfully.

Clearly, you don't think Tesla will succeed at FSD and that is fine. But don't call it fraud when Tesla allows those who want it to essentially buy an option on it at a price well below the market value of the completed product.

And nowhere did I say my wife and I spent $20K on FSD! So that's more misinformation. I believe mine was $3.5K and my wife's was $4k. It depends upon when it's purchased. The price has been going up as FSD development progresses.

When people stop posting anti-Tesla misinformation in a non-Tesla thread, I will stop posting about Tesla to correct the misinformation. But the anti -Tesla misinformation hasn't stopped yet. There is a veritable fountain of it. All of it demonstrably false and misleading. :rolleyes:
So in your world paying for something now that may or may not work in the future is O.K. Still you have to admit it’s fan boy loyalty that you fell for.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Not all Tesla owners are this way, but I believe a good many of them suffer from the smugness that Prius owners had a reputation for (I hope Mach E owners don’t get this way as well). Loyalty can quickly turn into Ignorance when it becomes blind, which I think many people here have voiced when it comes to the FSD promise.

I agree 100% that we should all be celebrating the positive aspects of EV driving, versus tearing each other down. I don’t know of a single automotive manufacture that is immune from having areas of improvement.
Well, I would hope I'm not what you call "smug" but I can tell you that I don't think I'm ignorant about FSD since I am fully aware that there are no guarantees that FSD will ever be complete. I've never met a Tesla owner that wasn't aware that FSD is a work in progress. Every Tesla owner I've spoken with bought the car for what it is today, not for some future promise. That is a story made up by those who hate Tesla, not those who love the way their products are today.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Honestly I'm kind of sick of the Tesla bashing. It's getting old. Not that I'm innocent. I've relayed my terrible MY experience here multiple times and why I'm now in a MachE.

No one's going to win this war. You might as well bring politics into the forum while your at it if this is what threads are going to turn into. Elon is Elon. You love him or you hate him. I used to be a fan but not so much anymore. But I respect his companies. They have done amazing things that benefit us all.
Sponsored