TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Gotta wonder how competing contracts for batteries sort themselves out. Supposedly Ford has a strong contract in place for the Mach-e/Transit allotment, but no idea if that supercedes anyone else.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
yeah, hope our orders (non-1st edition) don't get pushed into 2021...that would stink

would make me wish instead of waiting for the mach-e i could've been driving a model Y for a year...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
would make me wish instead of waiting for the mach-e i could've been driving a model Y for a year...
If you view the two as being nearly comparable in terms of what you want to drive, then why wait for the MME?

If I were interested in Tesla, I'd definitely not wait for some future car. I'd like to get rid of my current car as soon as practical. :)

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
my current car's fine (done most of the costly maintenance so costs incurred in 2020 will be low). so i don't mind waiting a bit. my wife would prefer we have more time to save up for whatever i decide i want to get. we thought both the Y and mustang would be ready towards the end of 2020 so the early Y release has been a bit of a surprise.

like most folks on this forum, i prefer the mustang for previously discussed reasons.

so, you're kind of right...if the Y really doesn't do it for me, i probably will just keep waiting for the mustang...

If you view the two as being nearly comparable in terms of what you want to drive, then why wait for the MME?

If I were interested in Tesla, I'd definitely not wait for some future car. I'd like to get rid of my current car as soon as practical. :)

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The article's title was a bit sensational. According to the body of the article, the Jaguar shutdown was only for a week.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is a big deal.

An automotive production line going down for unplanned reasons is really bad. OEMs try to avoid this at all costs with some pretty punitive contract language if a supplier screws up so bad the entire line goes down.

Last edited:

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
This is a big deal.

An automotive production line going down for unplanned reasons is really bad. OEMs try to avoid this at all costs with some pretty punitive contract language if a supplier screws up so bad the entire line goes down.
Definitely agree since auto manufacturers likely build using "just in time manufacturing" this throws all kinds of monkey wrenches into the business, but with that said,

The article's title was a bit sensational. According to the body of the article, the Jaguar shutdown was only for a week.
To convert this into a hypothetical situation with Ford, let us run the numbers.

Ford says they aim to product 50,000 vehicles in the first "year of production". Let us assume that means, the first 52 weeks of production. This equates to right at 1,000 Mach E's / week.

Now, let us assume a supplier issue (such as this battery constraint issue) pauses production for 1 week. That is about 1,000 less cars that week.

I would venture to guess 1,000 vehicle pause would not be so catastrophic as to delay a release from 2020 to 2021. Again, not wanted to understate a supply issue, just running the numbers on a hypothetical situation seems to say it isn't the end of the world.

Now, if we're talking 10,000 vehicles / week ok that's a big hit, but we are not talking that much.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
"Now, if we're talking 10,000 vehicles / week ok that's a big hit, but we are not talking that much. "

You would be if all manufacturing was in Q4
Sponsored