License Plate Wrap - Anyone have experience?

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag
Curious if anyone has had experience with License Plate Wrap, specifically has anyone put it on their Mach-E? I just put in the order for mine yesterday. We probably won't have issues like on some Teslas where if the vinyl sticker was not applied at exactly the same location as the license plate bracket, one of the forward sensors hidden inside the bumper would be blocked?

I know of one other forum member intending to get one based on his post on another thread here

I am going to apply for the pilot program for the CA license plate wrap. I notified my dealer so that they won’t drill my bumper, but the internet sales guy insisted that the factory is installing them. I directed him to look at the forum, but he still insisted that it’s a factory install. Once I get a production notice I’m going to insist that he look here again and that he makes sure my bumper does not get drilled.

https://licenseplatewrap.com/
Sponsored

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Curious if anyone has had experience with License Plate Wrap, specifically has anyone put it on their Mach-E? I just put in the order for mine yesterday. We probably won't have issues like on some Teslas where if the vinyl sticker was not applied at exactly the same location as the license plate bracket, one of the forward sensors hidden inside the bumper would be blocked?

I know of one other forum member intending to get one based on his post on another thread here
That's interesting! I wonder if you could just print your own... Can't wait to see how it looks!

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
That's interesting! I wonder if you could just print your own... Can't wait to see how it looks!
A guy from Maryland did it here on the forum. It is legal in CA - you can find a post I did on this last year. In the end, I elected not to do it when my car showed up w license plate bracket installed.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I like this idea a lot. But can I use this for the back? And if so, once I apply it how do I get replacement month and year stickers for it?

OP
OP

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No not legal in the back.
Correct, not legal for the back. There IS a digital license plate that's available for the back (not for the front) from a company named Reviver, but that seems much more of a gimmick to me than anything.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Oh, I love this idea. It would be great to see what this looks like on a MME. If I recall, the front license plate is installed as a dealer item and not at the factory. I would probably coordinate with the dealer to not drill out the bumper and give me the parts for the front plate. I will then install the wrap. I can have them just tape the paper temp plate to the front bumper. I would never drive around without a front plate, that would be illegal. ;) If the "pilot" program is not approved by the DMV, I can drill out the bumper myself and install the bracket the dealer will give me.

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
Hmm, now this is interesting. I wonder if this is allowed in Georgia.

Also, what about the yearly sticker thing?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

They indicate they are working with other states. Give them a call, they may be piloting there and you could be the first. Only for the front and not legal on the back with the stickers go, unless you have stickers on the front in Georgia.

OP
OP

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, I jumped too soon and looked at the front end and it will not work. Not enough room. Gads!
I got the Vinyl plate yesterday, will see how it looks when I put it on this weekend... Its basically the same footprint as the license plate bracket, so, yes, it will stick up above the "bumper" portion and into the "grill" portion.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the Vinyl plate yesterday, will see how it looks when I put it on this weekend... Its basically the same footprint as the license plate bracket, so, yes, it will stick up above the "bumper" portion and into the "grill" portion.
Oh, please post some pictures, soon. Love to see how it looks.

TJ-Mach-e

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Merc S550, 2021 MME AWD ER
Country flag

Why would you put on a front plate of any kind if its not required?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I also would love to see a pic of it installed. Since I don’t have an MME yet, I wasn’t able to measure the available space, but I assumed there wasn’t enough vertical space to not intrude either into the faux grille or the lower grille area.
Sponsored