life happened - fender bender

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Call your insurance and ask. You already should have made them aware of the accident and provided a statement. You can then ask “since they’re already going to file a claim, will my rates go up the same if I fix my car, too, or will it be an even bigger increase doing my car?”

My insurance told me that if the other person’s repair stays under $2k or $3k, can’t remember which, no rate increase. Their’s wasn’t going to be that cheap so I did mine as well and my deductible is $1,000, as you go two or three years without an accident and you’re ahead on how much you’ve saved annually!

As for reporting it, just ask the body shop. The body shop I went to did NOT report to CarFax. The bunch I called, since so many were booked, did NOT report either. They did say that your insurance may end up reporting it but even my claim advisor couldn’t say for sure if they’d report it. 4 months after my accident and it still never got reported.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
It happened. I know it will happen some day but not this early.
Wife did a minor fender bender with a palisade while backing-up in Target parking lot.
(palisade owner took our insurance details and it will take its course)

But for the MachE, what are your thoughts,
How expensive it would be. It looks like a pretty big piece of trim/plastic to replace(its not metal so no dent repair I guess).
My insurance is 500 deductible. Should I just suck it up and live with it ?

1669250805191.png

1669250830324.png

1669250856208.png
If budget allows it would fix it. Given that you are on this forum I am guessing you didn’t buy this car for just basic transportation and like many of us are somewhat obsessed with it. If that’s the case, this will constantly bother you until you make it go away.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
This was 2800 but I used insurance. So only 500 to me. Keep secure alert on so you can see when workers got to work also my car did stop but I kept gassing it
Ford Mustang Mach-E life happened - fender bender 90903D60-B670-41F7-91CD-5ECCED8A207E
Ford Mustang Mach-E life happened - fender bender 0DDA1D6C-F9F5-4D30-889D-9994151DF005

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Also a good paintless dent removal guy might be able to fix it. Some touch up paint after might be needed.

83girl

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Yeah, seems odd rear brake assist didn't kick in. I wonder why. Not working or wife overrode it with accelerator?
It does seem odd. My reverse break assist has kicked on I would say at least 100 times saving my blueberry bush at the edge of my driveway. It slams on the brake hard each time I get too close. It also saved me from rear ending a prius taking an illegal turn on storrow drive one morning as well. Best feature on the car by far. Just have to make sure it is turned on I guess.

Rj786

First Name
Raza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mache Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had the misfortune while backing up and scratched the side of my car and another car, luckily the scratches came off after using Megiur’s car polish. No warning or beeps until the cars made slight contact on and no automatic braking. Does anyone know if it only works when something is directly behind the car or iS it supposed to work when there is a car on the side as well.

OP
OP
kkgg

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I had the misfortune while backing up and scratched the side of my car and another car, luckily the scratches came off after using Megiur’s car polish. No warning or beeps until the cars made slight contact on and no automatic braking. Does anyone know if it only works when something is directly behind the car or iS it supposed to work when there is a car on the side as well.
I think there is a speed limit on that. If I reverse aggressively my car makes the sound and stops too. Weird!

Rj786

First Name
Raza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mache Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks kkgg, i read somewhere that it is active between 1 - 7km, will pay attention next time to see how it behaves.
I got this message on my app about the software update but nothing shows up when I click the ’Update details’ button. Does this mean it is in progress?

Ford Mustang Mach-E life happened - fender bender F6D9A6AD-DF1C-40B9-8011-0D6292025CA9

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
When I backed into the evil parking bollard at the Barnes, auto braking did absolutely nothing. When I first got my car (prior to the sad event at the Barnes), I placed my recycling bins at the end of my driveway and backed right into them. Auto braking worked like a charm and slammed on the brakes, saving the lives of those bins. I’ve had auto braking kick in needlessly a few times since then, including once, when a friend of mine was behind, but to one side of my car, where he wouldn’t have been hit.

Auto braking is nice, but not perfect. I’d treat it like Tesla FSD - pay very close attention.

RickJ21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I just got rear ended this morning and found this forum. Just wanted to hear some of your opinions. I was at a red light and got rear ended. Damage is minimal, but man does it sting. I 've had my Mach E for only 2 months and I guess life happens, glad everyone was ok. Other driver was nervous and wanted me to take it to a local body shop to avoid insurances getting involved. I'm more worried about the sensors. Is there somewhere that can run a diagnostic on the Mach E? I'm worried about the insurance, if it will drop the value of my car. Is this fixable through a body shop? Or should I take it to my Ford dealer? Sorry for venting, just sucked that it happened today. Haven't filed a claim yet...
Ford Mustang Mach-E life happened - fender bender IMG_0587

OP
OP
kkgg

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I just got rear ended this morning and found this forum. Just wanted to hear some of your opinions. I was at a red light and got rear ended. Damage is minimal, but man does it sting. I 've had my Mach E for only 2 months and I guess life happens, glad everyone was ok. Other driver was nervous and wanted me to take it to a local body shop to avoid insurances getting involved. I'm more worried about the sensors. Is there somewhere that can run a diagnostic on the Mach E? I'm worried about the insurance, if it will drop the value of my car. Is this fixable through a body shop? Or should I take it to my Ford dealer? Sorry for venting, just sucked that it happened today. Haven't filed a claim yet...
IMG_0587.jpg
it's getting hard for me from the pic. (More pics could be better)
I am guessing your car is black color - otherwise I don't know what that black panel is.

Yeah, for me the body shop quoted $3000. To repair, not replace (I don't think they want to replace)

for now I am living with mine

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Hello everyone,

Ford Mustang Mach-E life happened - fender bender IMG_0587
Definitely need more pictures and in context. There are lots of experts here who will give you great advice. For example, I never knew “diminished value” was a thing before this forum. Mustang Mach E repairs are crazy expensive and you want your car repaired correctly, by a Ford Dealer or a Ford Electric Vehicle certified body shop. Don’t take it to “Joe’s body shop and quick lube”. If sensors are involved, they have to be properly calibrated.

RickJ21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Thanks for the input. Sorry thought the dents were more visible. I made an outline of where the other person's license plate hit me. The hexagonal dents are from her license plate.
Ford Mustang Mach-E life happened - fender bender IMG_0587 (1)
Sponsored

Last edited: