Light-up pony emblem for front of car?

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Anyone seen anything (guessing it will have to be aftermarket) like this on sale yet? Thinking it would look kind of like the Mercedes light up symbol on the front grille of some of their cars, but with a pony instead. I'm not too keen on making a ton of customizations to my car but a light up pony I would 100% do.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Anyone seen anything (guessing it will have to be aftermarket) like this on sale yet? Thinking it would look kind of like the Mercedes light up symbol on the front grille of some of their cars, but with a pony instead. I'm not too keen on making a ton of customizations to my car but a light up pony I would 100% do.
At least one of the GT models/packages should have the illuminated pony, unless it gets cut. It is seen in a lot of the press stuff for the GT. Also seems to be standard on the China built models they've announced. Those come with the GT front bumpers on all models.

I'd guess once those are out we may have a chance at retro-ing on our non-GTs. Haven't seen any other aftermarkets yet.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The edition being built for China does have an illuminated pony. So while talking to the engineer I said "Oh great! So there's a wire harness back there for it." And he said ... unfortunately no. The wiring harness used for North America is not the same and it isn't pre-wired.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Well, what about all of those people who were butchering the wiring for radar detectors? An illuminated pony seems a LOT simpler! Jut need to put in some type of non-invasive way to detect current flowing to the parking lamps and grab 12V from someplace innocuous (front trunk emergency release? ?)
Of course, someone who’s really good with optics could figure out a way to run fiber optics from an existing light source to the pony. No power required!

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
We just need a part number to start!!