First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Hi,

the other day during the FP downtime I read that someone had experienced the lights of the car turning on by themselves. It has happened to me few times before but yesterday at the evening the car did it at least 7 times while plugged… so it really started to bother me.
I am pretty sure I am not the first one to experience this. Any idea what it’ is going on or how to solve it?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
@Marcel is probably correct. Try an experiment. If you have a faraday bag for your fob, put it in there and keep the fob in its usual spot. If no faraday bag, try wrapping the fob in a couple layers of aluminum foil. Odds are this will solve the issue. If you’re using PAAK and not a fob, then the phone, the fob, or both are too close to the car.

good luck.

OP
OP

ecorderob

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Leave the fob in the car while it’s locked in your garage?
I am not using the fob, which is far from the car, so it has to be related to the PaaK.

I guess I could disable the Bluetooth but it’s not an optimal solution as I need it for the headphones. ?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I am not using the fob, which is far from the car, so it has to be related to the PaaK.

I guess I could disable the Bluetooth but it’s not an optimal solution as I need it for the headphones. ?
Makes sense. If I usedPAAK, I’d probably have a similar issue - the car would react every time I walked into the kitchen.
Sponsored