mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I’m currently at a restaurant with friends and my lights are on. The car is about 80 feet away. I went out once, turned the car on, turned the lights to auto, turned the car off, and came back in to the restaurant. The lights were off. Then while I’m still in the restaurant, the lights are back on.

what’s going on?
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I’m currently at a restaurant with friends and my lights are on. The car is about 80 feet away. I went out once, turned the car on, turned the lights to auto, turned the car off, and came back in to the restaurant. The lights were off. Then while I’m still in the restaurant, the lights are back on.

what’s going on?
Headlights or DRL and the pony projection on the ground? I noticed with PAAK, sometimes it can sense your phone from pretty far away, but then will go back to sleep, will do this for about 15 minutes until the vehicle goes into sleep mode itself.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think there is something in settings for time lights stay on after closing the door, also see this note on a 3 minute period -
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lights on while parked Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 3.40.28 PM

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There is a bug that turns the lights on, even though you set them on Auto. You'll hear dinging as you get out of the car. The fix you've already done - turn the knob to off, then back to Auto.

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
There is a bug that turns the lights on, even though you set them on Auto. You'll hear dinging as you get out of the car. The fix you've already done - turn the knob to off, then back to Auto.
fascinating! My car was dinging after I turned the car off and opened the driver doors few times this afternoon. Hmmm!

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
This just happened to me. Strange dinging on unlock and entry. At destination, car locked but lights stayed on when I walked away (far enough for PAAK not to connect and long enough for delay to have expired). Went back to car after a minute and sure enough lights were still on. Back in the car, no amber light was on in the lights selector dial. Rotated dial and amber light came on for lights on. Rotated to auto, exited car and lights turned off after delay as usual.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup. Bug, bug, bug.

Reactions: SAM

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Yup. Bug, bug, bug.
I got the 21P22 Software Calibration and bugs are worse than ever. OTA 1.7.1 is still stuck, so I'm not getting OTAs. Have to take it to the dealer again for that TSB, since they did not do it last time.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Just got hit with this bug today. Thanks to your post it’s all good

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This happened to me again the other day. I've just gotten used to it. I can't believe it hasn't been fixed. Is Ford even aware of it??

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company should have seen it, and Darren Palmer says they watch the forum.
I sure hope so. It's such a weird bug considering I didn't have this issue on my escape with the same style headlight switch and I had the problem on my FE and my GT. It has to be a BCM bug. LIN bus doesn't wake up the switch for some reason. I feel for the software guys though. Diagnosing that one may not be easy.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I think this happened to me also, and after noticing my lights on a few times when the should not have been, the Ford app said I had a 12v battery fault and should bring it in for service. After driving the car for a while and resetting the headlights to Auto, the message has not reappeared.

Now I'm wondering - is my battery bad? Or was it just temporarily depleted by the headlights and will be fine now?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Wow, there are so many idiosyncrasies that can be solved by rotating the headlight switch. Definitely sounds like some code that is related to the bus on which the switch resides. ??
Sponsored