Lights turn on in the middle of the night

Sally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Has anyone else noticed that their car lights come on in the middle of the night? The headlight knob is set to automatic and their is no scheduled climate control. I have to go out to the car unlock it turn it on and spin the headlight knob to get the lights to turn off.
Sponsored

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Not sure if this could be it - but I store my fob in a drawer far from the garage. She would randomly act weird (weirder - I should say) if the fob was stored too close to the car. Kind of a stab in the dark - but that is pretty odd...

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Not sure if this could be it - but I store my fob in a drawer far from the garage. She would randomly act weird (weirder - I should say) if the fob was stored too close to the car. Kind of a stab in the dark - but that is pretty odd...
Same with phone. Had this happen and moved phone farther away and they turned off

JmanMachE

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ext. range
Country flag
They do come on but not fully when approached with PaaK. You could try disabling bluetooth at night to see if it stops.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
This was happening to me at work when I would walk by the window near where my car was parked and it was a good 40-50 feet away. I didn't have my FOB with me only my phone, I ended up disabling the wake up when approach in the settings (Can't remember the exact name of the setting). Sadly it takes away the puddle lights but I don't need it waking up constantly which can drain the LVB.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Our garage cam catches the lights going on every so often up to a few times in one night. Like others have said I believe its our phones since our living room is near the garage.

However the Mach-E has also lit up the lights at odd times when we were not at home for a few days and there was no fob or phone nearby. So who knows!

OP
OP

Sally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
This was happening to me at work when I would walk by the window near where my car was parked and it was a good 40-50 feet away. I didn't have my FOB with me only my phone, I ended up disabling the wake up when approach in the settings (Can't remember the exact name of the setting). Sadly it takes away the puddle lights but I don't need it waking up constantly which can drain the LVB.
thank you I may need to try that

OP
OP

Sally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Our garage cam catches the lights going on every so often up to a few times in one night. Like others have said I believe its our phones since our living room is near the garage.

However the Mach-E has also lit up the lights at odd times when we were not at home for a few days and there was no fob or phone nearby. So who knows!
It's good to know it's not my imagination!

cloh76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav 4; Mach-e
Country flag

Is it happening every night? I just realized mine does that during OTA Updates, which has been happening more frequently the last few weeks.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was looking for an active thread on this subject and pretty much confirms what I thought. My car sits 15 feet from the front door and if I leave my keys just inside the door the lights will come on and off like six times during the evening while I’m sitting here watching TV so I just move them to the kitchen, maybe 30 feet away fine now

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I was looking for an active thread on this subject and pretty much confirms what I thought. My car sits 15 feet from the front door and if I leave my keys just inside the door the lights will come on and off like six times during the evening while I’m sitting here watching TV so I just move them to the kitchen, maybe 30 feet away fine now
The lights turning on repeatedly will drain the 12V battery FYI.

Tawna

First Name
Tawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E premium
Country flag
Paak and the FOB constantly interact with mine if it is range.