California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Toyota Prius, 2015 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Country flag
My MME nightly is doing an odd thing. Several times every night the car seems for no reason to turn on all the lights for a second or two and then turn them off. I don't believe that it's unlocking and then relocking because the horn doesn't honk. It's possible that it may be happening during the day but the camera isn't going to pick it up unless I was looking for it. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to when it happens as it does it at different times each night and if it's charging or not. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, or if anyone has any idea what is happening. The MME is in the right corner of the video, the reflector in the car in the front left always glows like that.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
It will turn on some lights if it detects your phone ... but wont unlock the car unless you get closer. So I suppose it's possible it's picking up just enough Bluetooth radio from your phone to turn on the lights.

If you wanted to do a test ... just temporarily disable Bluetooth on your phone for a night and see if it still happens when Bluetooth is off.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
My MME nightly is doing an odd thing. Several times every night the car seems for no reason to turn on all the lights for a second or two and then turn them off. I don't believe that it's unlocking and then relocking because the horn doesn't honk. It's possible that it may be happening during the day but the camera isn't going to pick it up unless I was looking for it. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to when it happens as it does it at different times each night and if it's charging or not. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, or if anyone has any idea what is happening. The MME is in the right corner of the video, the reflector in the car in the front left always glows like that.

I have the opposite problem. My Welcome lighting will not turn on when I go into the garage with FOB or Paak.

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Given the range of the PaaK/Bluetooth range on this thing, I'm surprised the car ever goes to sleep. I wonder if this is what caused the 12v battery issues some people mentioned in earlier threads. Regardless, I've noticed the same thing. Then again, my fob and phone are usually not more than about 30 feet away from the car when I'm not carrying them.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It will turn on some lights if it detects your phone ... but wont unlock the car unless you get closer. So I suppose it's possible it's picking up just enough Bluetooth radio from your phone to turn on the lights.

If you wanted to do a test ... just temporarily disable Bluetooth on your phone for a night and see if it still happens when Bluetooth is off.
^ Yes. It's either detecting the fob or your PaaK bluetooth.
My best guess as well.

OP
OP

Saltine

First Name
California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Country flag
My best guess as well.
I had initially thought it was the PAAK so I had deleted it, still happened the next night. The FOB should be far enough away to not cause it but I'll try moving it as far away as I can tonight and see if it still happens. Like I said before I thought that it might be communicating with the PAAK but the light normally goes on for like 8 seconds when that happens, in this case they basically turn on then off.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
See if it responds if you call it Christine ?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I think you could also turn off welcome lighting and see if it stops. If it does it's sensing a key just close enough to trigger it.

OP
OP

Saltine

First Name
California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Country flag
It's probably getting spooked by the half-person in front of it.
You have no idea how many times that has spooked us since we got it.... Looks like it was communicating with the FOB. Moved it to the far end of the house and it didn't happen at all last night, I'll do it again tonight to confirm. Thanks for all of the advise folks

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My lights come on if I get near the garage even from inside the house with the door closed.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
The pony is just dreaming, like a dog:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Lights Turning on at night in Garage AccomplishedSnarlingGuanaco-size_restricted
Sponsored