Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You have no idea how many times that has spooked us since we got it.... Looks like it was communicating with the FOB. Moved it to the far end of the house and it didn't happen at all last night, I'll do it again tonight to confirm. Thanks for all of the advise folks
You can get a faraday box to keep it in rather than having to move it to the far end of the house. Or just wrap it in aluminum foil :)
Sponsored

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
You can get a faraday box to keep it in rather than having to move it to the far end of the house. Or just wrap it in aluminum foil :)

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I have the opposite problem. My Welcome lighting will not turn on when I go into the garage with FOB or Paak.
I have this problem only if I go straight to the car from my bedroom. My bedroom is directly above the garage and I think it decides I'm just going to stay close to the car. Walking down the stairs and into the garage doesn't re-trigger the welcome lighting.

As to OPs problem either it's a bug or it is seeing your key or phone.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
It can be a huge problem, some of the remotes have large sensitively range. From 20 to 30 feet and with new battery even 40 feet at times. The bad guys are going through drive ways just pulling handles and finding cars that open and having a field day !!! Stolen items and no idea howthere car was unlocked, and no signs of breakin. They were sure they lock their doors. Little did they know have the key in a upstairs bedroom overlooking the driveway or leaving the keys by the front door is just like leaving the car unlocked.
Sponsored

Last edited: