Frisky$$

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAD HAPPENED SND BOTH TIMES IN VERY DANGEROUS SITUATIONS.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Limp/Turtle Mode with high voltage battery warning and  powertrane malfunction 4343A24A-8B68-46F8-B9B9-ABF451666C46
While driving at full highway speed, I received "Stop safely now" followed by an immediate, complete loss of throttle -turtle/limp mode, with battery indicator and service car indicator. It seemed like the motor turned off completely. No, this was not because I ran out of charge (see photo) but instead some kind of other major failure. I was lucky to get from the left lane to an off-ramp before my momentum ran out on a very busy one lane highway. I was able to pull over on a rocky dirt shoulder area. Tried to get towed but the dealer closed at 7pm and tow would be there after 7pm.

Now I'm anticipating the dealer will do a software flash or something & tell me it's fixed; like the 1 st time this happened on May 24th.

79A31018-0FAC-49FB-8BAF-169F945D751B.png

74715579-4611-48D8-A0BE-11DE0F42B5C7.png

318DDBB3-0F68-47F6-9533-276D69DACBB8.png

67E46C92-7217-406D-8BE5-253676990A04.jpeg

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAD HAPPENED SND BOTH TIMES IN VERY DANGEROUS SITUATIONS.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Limp/Turtle Mode with high voltage battery warning and  powertrane malfunction 67E46C92-7217-406D-8BE5-253676990A04
While driving at full highway speed, I received "Stop safely now" followed by an immediate, complete loss of throttle -turtle/limp mode, with battery indicator and service car indicator. It seemed like the motor turned off completely. No, this was not because I ran out of charge (see photo) but instead some kind of other major failure. I was lucky to get from the left lane to an off-ramp before my momentum ran out on a very busy one lane highway. I was able to pull over on a rocky dirt shoulder area. Tried to get towed but the dealer closed at 7pm and tow would be there after 7pm.

Now I'm anticipating the dealer will do a software flash or something & tell me it's fixed; like the 1 st time this happened on May 24th.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Limp/Turtle Mode with high voltage battery warning and  powertrane malfunction 67E46C92-7217-406D-8BE5-253676990A04

Hi there, Julie! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Mustang Mach E– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!

OP
OP

Frisky$$

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Hi there, Julie! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Mustang Mach E– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!
Thank you, could I please send a PM or email with my VIN # ? My mileage is 3871 and have had my car since March.
Milage 3871 - currently at Windward Ford Service Department. Looks like the High Voltage Battery may need to be replaced

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yup, looks like another failed battery. You will probably need a pair of new modules installed. Being in Hawaii might complicate the shipping of lithium packs since they can't come by airplane unfortunately.

It will probably be at least 30 days before a battery can get to you (unless Ford has brilliantly stocked some on the island), you may want to consider your lemon law options.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Frisky$$

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Thank you, could I please send a PM or email with my VIN # ? My mileage is 3871 and have had my car since March.

Milage 3871 - currently at Windward Ford Service Department. Looks like the High Voltage Battery may need to be replaced

OP
OP

Frisky$$

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
No, Dealership has been working with FST to diagnose issue and determine which batteries are faulty. They said they have ordered part but I have no update when/what is the next step. Super frustrating and really time consuming since i have to keep calling to follow up. so far 4 weeks without my Mach E!

HI-Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White)
Country flag
No, Dealership has been working with FST to diagnose issue and determine which batteries are faulty. They said they have ordered part but I have no update when/what is the next step. Super frustrating and really time consuming since i have to keep calling to follow up. so far 4 weeks without my Mach E!
Any update on the Mach-E. Ford fix it?

OP
OP

Frisky$$

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Over 5 months at Windward Ford. 4 battery arrays have been replaced SO FAR and awaiting another one to be replaced. Battery control module replaced and it will still need recall work done. Buy back started but still does help since the Problem is I have to wait 5-6+ months for another EV. @Ford Motor Company any help in expediting?!?

Chicago86

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Certified
Country flag
Any update? Just had this fault message on my 22 GT with 5700 miles on it
Sponsored