Lincoln version of the mustang? They just can't leave it alone lol.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Back in the 60's, Mercury (another Ford variant) had the Cougar. In the 1980's, there was the Mercury Capri. Both were based on the Mustang chassis and had the same power trains.

Recently, with the announcement of a second model based on the Mach-E, the rumor has been a return of the Cougar and/or Capri for Lincoln.

Time will tell.

BTW, there's been other renders of Lincoln "Mustangs" in the past so this is not a new thing.
I had one of the original Capri’s that was NOT based on the Mustang. It was made in Germany and imported. It was a great car. Mine was copper with black stripes.
How about the Merkur nameplate? Those were German too - the XR4TI. They were famous for crazy electrical issues.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Lincoln Aviator

Lincoln Corsair

Lincoln Continental

Lincoln Convair ??

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I love when independent computer design artist do this kind of stuff, but like a lincoln pickup, I'm afraid it would be to small customer base. When it comes to pickups, Ford's already got a fully optioned massaging seat pickup and it comes with a toughness pedigree as well. I don't see any room for a lincoln mustang either unless it's a Sport coupe SUV like Evoque, or Lamborghini.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I love when independent computer design artist do this kind of stuff, but like a lincoln pickup, I'm afraid it would be to small customer base. When it comes to pickups, Ford's already got a fully optioned massaging seat pickup and it comes with a toughness pedigree as well. I don't see any room for a lincoln mustang either unless it's a Sport coupe SUV like Evoque, or Lamborghini.
you probably know that Lincoln has tried at least twice to make pickups already (the Blackwood and the Mark LT) so your point is taken...

that said, I think that a high-end sport coupe (or even better, a convertible!) might be a reasonable thing to do on the platform even at relatively low numbers, just to say that the thing exists... especially if there is a Ford Mustang version so the platform could be shared and the tooling could be similar. Basically, a super-fancy trim level for the Mustang with the Lincoln brand. The existence of the First Edition in its released state - a Premium with fancy bits and different branding - suggests that it's not a crazy idea.
Sponsored