Links to help you track your Mach-E order

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Sorry, I have a follow up question. I have been checking the Ford tracker multiple times today. Sometimes it lists a date under built, other times it hasn't. I'm under the impression that if it doesn't have a date under built, then it is still under chip hold. Why does it keep flip flopping on me today?
Since you took over an abandoned order, the confirmation email did not go to you, nor can you check the status through the ford.com account under which the order was placed originally. I received the confirmation email and a second one alerting about a status change on my order. Unprompted, my salesperson at the dealership told me he received the same update this morning. If you are talking about shop.ford.com, it was showing different statuses for me depending on what browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.) over what OS (Android, MacOS, etc.) when I looked this morning, and as of this afternoon they are in agreement that my order doesn't have a "built" date. What you are seeing is just Ford being Ford, the company just isn't very good with this website thingy ?
Sponsored

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
I am unsure of that one. If I had to guess it was a logistical issue. Does your Fordpass application show "activate vehicle" ? If it does then your car is not on a chip hold becasue that means all the modules are live.
Thanks. Yep! Still shows "activate vehicle" in Fordpass.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Does anyone have some kind of source that the Activate Vehicle button means everything is built? I'm pretty sure I had that before I saw my modules populate on that other site.

Also, if we're missing a chip, is it possible the modules would still mostly load with the exception of whatever the chip is missing?

I only ask because I have the Activate Vehicle button in my FordPass app and I get a long list of modules on that other site but I'm still being told I'm in production and not built according to the Ford tracker.

Just really don't want to get my hopes up that I'm almost done only to find out I'm yet another person with a mostly-built vehicle that has to wait a few more weeks for a chip before shipping.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For what it is worth, my order was stuck in chip hold from 7/20 till earlier this week, the Activate Vehicle button was present in FordPass all that time. When I just looked at error messages in Message Center, I saw the exact dates when I clicked on the button.

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
For what it is worth, my order was stuck in chip hold from 7/20 till earlier this week, the Activate Vehicle button was present in FordPass all that time. When I just looked at error messages in Message Center, I saw the exact dates when I clicked on the button.
Really? So being able to use the activate vehicle button in Fordpass doesn't mean that my car is finally chipped?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Really? So being able to use the activate vehicle button in Fordpass doesn't mean that my car is finally chipped?
No. If you try to activate it will fail because the car is not in your possession yet. You have to turn the car on and accept the activation inside the car. I tried on mine when it was on chip hold and it went all the way to the confirmation step and it is stuck there until my car is delivered and I accept the activation. Chip hold didn't make any difference.

BTW - wouldn't it be cool if we could track our cars using the GPS inside the car? Then we wouldn't have to do all the other crazy checks just to figure out where it is. One day maybe Ford will allow that.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, I knew the activation would fail, with nobody at the other end to acknowledge whatever came up on the center screen, but clicked the button anyway.

Is your order still in limbo? I thought it finally entered "built" state yesterday? Mine is marked "shipped" as of today.

OP
OP

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Does anyone have some kind of source that the Activate Vehicle button means everything is built? I'm pretty sure I had that before I saw my modules populate on that other site.

Also, if we're missing a chip, is it possible the modules would still mostly load with the exception of whatever the chip is missing?

I only ask because I have the Activate Vehicle button in my FordPass app and I get a long list of modules on that other site but I'm still being told I'm in production and not built according to the Ford tracker.

Just really don't want to get my hopes up that I'm almost done only to find out I'm yet another person with a mostly-built vehicle that has to wait a few more weeks for a chip before shipping.
That information came from my regional Ford rep (Houston Texas dealer). The way the system is set up, there is no way you could be seeing the modules/activate button and still be on a chip hold. There could be a number of reasons why your vehicle is still in production. If you do not mind my asking, how long as it shown "in production" on your Ford tracker?

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
That information came from my regional Ford rep (Houston Texas dealer). The way the system is set up, there is no way you could be seeing the modules/activate button and still be on a chip hold. There could be a number of reasons why your vehicle is still in production. If you do not mind my asking, how long as it shown "in production" on your Ford tracker?
Oh not excessively long. Just about a week now. I'm just antsy as hell and trying to gather as much info as possible on this car lol

Appreciate the info!

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
Yep, I knew the activation would fail, with nobody at the other end to acknowledge whatever came up on the center screen, but clicked the button anyway.

Is your order still in limbo? I thought it finally entered "built" state yesterday? Mine is marked "shipped" as of today.
The Ford Tracker does say that mine is "built" (it shows a date), but there isn't a check under "shipped" yet.

After waiting for 8+ months, I'm looking for any and all confirmation that it is on its way.

OP
OP

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Oh not excessively long. Just about a week now. I'm just antsy as hell and trying to gather as much info as possible on this car lol

Appreciate the info!
Oh ok, well that is completely normal. Sometimes it can take up to 14-20 days for the system to update. The next step for yours will to be "released" and it normally ships the next day or even the same day of being released. I 100% understand that you are just excited to get your car. I am the same way with my order :)

ETKallio

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Thanks for this. I was tracking only on Ford, they had delivery to dealer 10/4-10. I was anxious for more info since that was just missed and no update on Ford site. Bad news is JCT and says pending but has a freight bill number at least. Two day haul from KC.

NeverGonnaGetIt

First Name
Mach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GT350, ‘20 GT350R, ‘21 Raptor 37, ‘21 E63 AMG
Country flag
Does anyone know if this is currently working? I tried yesterday as well as today and none of tracking tools appear to work. I went to my Ford dealer and talked to them about it and they were saying the ordering system was sending back strange data for 2021 MY vehicles since the change over to 2022.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Another great way to know is by adding the car to your Fordpass app. If the "activate vehicle" button pops up, then your Mach-E is completed and is not on a chip hold.
the stock order im waiting on was on chip hold and had the activate button so it probably depends on what module they are waiting for.

AmandaE

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
My build date for my GT was August 8th, and I received the email stating my delivery would be delayed due to the chip shortage. With that info, I was expecting sometime in October for delivery, and the estimated delivery date was Oct 16th until this past Friday. It now shows TBD/12-31-2021. I contacted my dealer, and they said their report shows it is built, but waiting on a chip with expected delivery around Christmas. It's pretty frustrating seeing people with build dates after mine getting shipped notifications and deliveries. :(
Sponsored