Links to help you track your Mach-E order

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My build date for my GT was August 8th, and I received the email stating my delivery would be delayed due to the chip shortage. With that info, I was expecting sometime in October for delivery, and the estimated delivery date was Oct 16th until this past Friday. It now shows TBD/12-31-2021. I contacted my dealer, and they said their report shows it is built, but waiting on a chip with expected delivery around Christmas. It's pretty frustrating seeing people with build dates after mine getting shipped notifications and deliveries. :(
When was your pre-order reservation date?
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
My build date for my GT was August 8th, and I received the email stating my delivery would be delayed due to the chip shortage. With that info, I was expecting sometime in October for delivery, and the estimated delivery date was Oct 16th until this past Friday. It now shows TBD/12-31-2021. I contacted my dealer, and they said their report shows it is built, but waiting on a chip with expected delivery around Christmas. It's pretty frustrating seeing people with build dates after mine getting shipped notifications and deliveries. :(
Chip hold might not be the only reason your car has not shipped. I don't know the process, but you have to expect they do some sort of validation after the chips are installed and if your car fails the validation, it can't ship. That is the only explanation I can think of for your case because my build week was 8/23 and my car was on chip hold until it shipped on 10/1.

OP
OP

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
I 100% agree. It is absolutely ridiculous that someone who never even put in a reservation already has their Mach-E whereas people who placed reservations WAY in advance cannot even get their car built. When asked about it all Ford does is shrug their shoulders.

AmandaE

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
I 100% agree. It is absolutely ridiculous that someone who never even put in a reservation already has their Mach-E whereas people who placed reservations WAY in advance cannot even get their car built. When asked about it all Ford does is shrug their shoulders.
Still no update on my car and I have called Ford, emailed my dealer to talk to their Ford rep, and messaged Ford on Facebook. All I get is a blanket response they are working with suppliers, blah, blah, blah. My car not being done isn't a supply issue, it's a prioritization issue. I have multiple VINs I can give them for cars with build dates (some a month after mine) that are already delivered. I have a feeling my car is lost and they can't put a chip in it because they can't find it. I found a few GTPE's available within a driveable distance, but I'm not paying a $10K markup. All in all, I'm super frustrated and plan to go look at Audi, Volvo, and VW today at their EVs.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still no update on my car and I have called Ford, emailed my dealer to talk to their Ford rep, and messaged Ford on Facebook. All I get is a blanket response they are working with suppliers, blah, blah, blah. My car not being done isn't a supply issue, it's a prioritization issue. I have multiple VINs I can give them for cars with build dates (some a month after mine) that are already delivered. I have a feeling my car is lost and they can't put a chip in it because they can't find it. I found a few GTPE's available within a driveable distance, but I'm not paying a $10K markup. All in all, I'm super frustrated and plan to go look at Audi, Volvo, and VW today at their EVs.
What does the Vehicle Visibility Report say?

OP
OP

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
It is funny you say that they might have lost it. My dealership had a service loaner Mach-E that took 4 months to arrive at the dealership becasue Ford literally lost it and could not find it. Only reason they did find it eventually is becasue we spoke up. If we had stayed quite the car never would have come in.

dennsity

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4XE (on order)
Country flag
Today I got my first email from Ford since my order confirmation in March. It’s only through obsessive checking and refreshing that I’ve kept up with the build date (7/24) and ship date (9/28), but this email informed my MME was estimated to arrive at my dealer between 10/9 and 10/15/2021.

The email was both a huge leap forward just for being an actual confirmation that I exist in Ford’s system somewhere. It is so an improvement on the since N/A listed as my estimated delivery date for weeks, or the silent, endless chip limbo before that. But of course 10/15 was last Friday, so…one doubts the pinpoint accuracy of their calculations.

This of course led to a frenzied look at all the sites. The Ford tracking page says 10/15, so at least it’s consistent, but the seg.fyi tracker includes a notation that it’s estimated to be delivered in four days—even as the estimated ETA end date field shows 10/15. Nothing shows on palsapp or United.

Has anyone had a similarly belated estimate? Might this thing really be on the verge of arriving?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today I got my first email from Ford since my order confirmation in March. It’s only through obsessive checking and refreshing that I’ve kept up with the build date (7/24) and ship date (9/28), but this email informed my MME was estimated to arrive at my dealer between 10/9 and 10/15/2021.

The email was both a huge leap forward just for being an actual confirmation that I exist in Ford’s system somewhere. It is so an improvement on the since N/A listed as my estimated delivery date for weeks, or the silent, endless chip limbo before that. But of course 10/15 was last Friday, so…one doubts the pinpoint accuracy of their calculations.

This of course led to a frenzied look at all the sites. The Ford tracking page says 10/15, so at least it’s consistent, but the seg.fyi tracker includes a notation that it’s estimated to be delivered in four days—even as the estimated ETA end date field shows 10/15. Nothing shows on palsapp or United.

Has anyone had a similarly belated estimate? Might this thing really be on the verge of arriving?
Sounds very exciting! If I were you, I would get the latest VVR from the dealer and see if that shows anything. While it also has reliability issues, it is probably the best source to find out where your car is.

mymache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
prius
Country flag
I received an email this morning from Ford stating that my order was confirmed for a 2022, keep in mind I placed order on June 23, 2021, order accepted the next day by dealer, no updates since that time other than the notification regarding it being changed to a 2022 about three weeks ago. Now this morning the acceptance of my order for a 22 and that I would be kept up to date on the progress as it becomes available.
Anyone else experience this? I wonder when the 22's begin production.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received an email this morning from Ford stating that my order was confirmed for a 2022, keep in mind I placed order on June 23, 2021, order accepted the next day by dealer, no updates since that time other than the notification regarding it being changed to a 2022 about three weeks ago. Now this morning the acceptance of my order for a 22 and that I would be kept up to date on the progress as it becomes available.
There is a post somewhere in this Forum about the 2022 switch over. I think it is the end of November.

Nothing happens until Ford accepts your order. So it was sitting with the dealer until that happened. After Ford accepts it they put your order in the queue to be scheduled for production. You will be notified when it is scheduled.

Others have posted about their orders getting changed to 2022 models, and you should get a credit to cover the MSRP increase.

OP
OP

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Ford provides very few updates and the dealership you are working with more than likely won't update you unless there is a change in information (normally you get that info before they do). I for example received an email from Ford when I placed the order and nothing since.

dennsity

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4XE (on order)
Country flag
… the seg.fyi tracker includes a notation that it’s estimated to be delivered in four days—even as the estimated ETA end date field shows 10/15.
Well, one little mystery is solved. The “days to delivery” counter on the seg.fyi tracker now says five days. It seems the coding doesn’t know what to do when the estimated delivery date has passed. It’s reporting the difference between today’s date and the delivery date—same as always—but it doesn’t know what to do with a negative number.

Sam Sme

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD Iconic Silver
Country flag
Well, one little mystery is solved. The “days to delivery” counter on the seg.fyi tracker now says five days. It seems the coding doesn’t know what to do when the estimated delivery date has passed. It’s reporting the difference between today’s date and the delivery date—same as always—but it doesn’t know what to do with a negative number.
I am on the same boat as you. I received an email September 15 stating car is shipped with estimated delivery to dealer is Oct 11-17 and just like you I haven't received it. I spoke with the dealer last week Friday and they told me it is in transit as of September 24. I spoke with palsapp today and they weren't able to give me any information since I am not the dealer. Something interesting he said was that just because it says "pending" on their website doesn't mean they will transport it, he said that once Ford is ready to ship it they will send a request out for bid and that's why you see it "pending". If they would transport it and they took possession of it you would see "in transport".

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am on the same boat as you. I received an email September 15 stating car is shipped with estimated delivery to dealer is Oct 11-17 and just like you I haven't received it. I spoke with the dealer last week Friday and they told me it is in transit as of September 24. I spoke with palsapp today and they weren't able to give me any information since I am not the dealer. Something interesting he said was that just because it says "pending" on their website doesn't mean they will transport it, he said that once Ford is ready to ship it they will send a request out for bid and that's why you see it "pending". If they would transport it and they took possession of it you would see "in transport".
Glad you called Jack Cooper because I would not have done that, and we probably should not all do that for sure. But it helps explain why some people see their cars arrive and move in KC via palsapp, and some don't. I just assumed sloppy system updates, but since Ford asks for bids, I guess another trucking company (or more) is moving KC cars in addition to Jack Cooper. Good to know!
Sponsored