List of insignificant little flaws of Mach-E

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
  1. Weird unlocking sequence when trying to load the trunk first and then enter the car. When I open a trunk, load it, close it and try to open a driver door right away it does not work right away. I need to try several times to have it open. I already discussed this annoyance in a different thread. Somebody suggested me a walkaround - always hit the driver door button first and then open the trunk.
  2. Poorly designed charging port
    no way to lock the charging port and the charger hooked up to the car. The first problem caused the charger door pop open by itself in the automatic car wash. The second problem makes it possible to steal or unhook the charger without your permission.
  3. Power outlets.
    There is a cigarette lighter socket on the front row (extra USB would be more appropriate) . Lack of USB in the trunk area and lack of 12v in the frunk area. Lack of 110V outlet.
  4. Battery monitoring
    lack of information about the current battery state (state of degradation, how much kWh do you have left, level of battery usage and recuperation during acceleration and slowing down, etc)
  5. AC controls
    Non-intuitive hard to use HVAC system controls at the same time some hard buttons that take space but almost never used. Doesn't make much sense from the ergonomics standpoint.

will be updating the list in the process of learning my car
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There are 4 USB slots and two 12v sockets. The 12v sockets are great to plug in a cooler or an inverter. You can also buy a 12v plug containing 2 usb ports if you need more.

I appreciate the 12v sockets. I wish there was a 110v plug.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
There are 4 USB slots and two 12v sockets. The 12v sockets are great to plug in a cooler or an inverter. You can also buy a 12v plug containing 2 usb ports if you need more.

1 regular and 1 type C USB for front seats
same for back seats
No USB in trunk area

It would be nice to have usb sockets inside the storage compartment between the seats and in trunk area

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Nice, sure. Necessary on the list of things I'd want? No.

Buy a 12v dual-port USB adapter for $8.77. You can also buy them with USB C outlets.

If you need to use a 12v outlet AND have USB devices plugged in, split the outlet with a 12v Y splitter.

That's under $20 with tax. If Ford added more ports, it would be many times that.

I'd like a normal sized console, and door pockets that a water bottle can actually stand upright in. And 2 cup holders on the rear of the armrest.

WinterSky

First Name
WinterSky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
One thing that bothers me is the fact I cannot lock the charging port door. Anyone can open it or it could open itself with high water pressure wash.

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag

Lack of 110v blew me away. I didn’t find out it didn’t have one until I went looking for it after delivery. I just figured there was one in the trunk. My last few vehicles have had one. I really only use it for my Green Mountain Davy Crockett smoker so not a huge dealbreaker or anything.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
The steering wheel does not tilt down far enough which makes it nearly impossible to have a low/performance oriented seating position

The steering wheel does not telescope far enough. Not ideal for us with long legs

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
The thing that bothers me most is that the HVAC is controlled through a touch screen with no haptic feedback. I would prefer mechanical buttons on the wheel or around the same area as the top of the large screen. Where they are now requires taking my eyes off the road to adjust anything to do with the environmental controls. The voice controls are mostly useless.

Next is that the jack points and tow points are poorly labeled. It's a non-issue most of the time.

Finally is the lack of a metal roof option for the CA Route 1 (this would have saved additional weight for the long-range vehicle and I prefer the simplicity of a metal roof). Or, failing that option, an option for a built-in retractable shade for the glass roof.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Lack of 110v blew me away. I didn’t find out it didn’t have one until I went looking for it after delivery. I just figured there was one in the trunk. My last few vehicles have had one. I really only use it for my Green Mountain Davy Crockett smoker so not a huge dealbreaker or anything.
An inverter may work for you, not sure how much current available from the 12V ports, or how much the smoker needs.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I wish they offered a 12V socket in the frunk. Would be great for a cooler mentioned by others in this thread. Agreed, a few 120V outlets would have been wonderful...

Maybe 2023 owners will get some.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Lack of environmental control through the app.
No remote door opening.. why can't I open the rear door(s) from the center console.
Lack of entertainment options while charging

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
An inverter may work for you, not sure how much current available from the 12V ports, or how much the smoker needs.
I suspect the tiny 12v battery would be inadequate for a significantly large inverter. I wonder if the F150 Lightning has a bigger 12v?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Minor issues: (job 1 car)
No Rear tow points
Needs Rear wiper to be 2 inches longer
Needs Frunk button on phone app
Needs Locking charge port door (I rarely go through automatic car washes, but I expect the door to be torn off if I did this)

I rarely think "sheesh I wish it had .... x"
Sponsored