Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
In no particular order:

Software
  • Inability to have Recirculate stay on for more than just a few minutes
  • Difficulty of getting to the Recirculate button (two to three screens down)
  • Slowness of Sync4A
  • That damned Alexa logo (there better not be more coming @Ford Motor Company)
  • Finickyness of the Frunk and Trunk releases via the app (sorry Job 1 2021 owners!)
  • The fact that my 2022 has all the parts for hands-free lift gate access but it's not enabled
Hardware
  • Poorly designed/implemented non-locking charging door and inability to lock J1772 charger connectors to car while charging
  • Lack of hard button for opening liftgate (a more easily accessible soft button would suffice)
  • Weird design of physical frunk lever (I mean, where are you supposed to grip than dang thing?)
  • Lack of 110V outlets
  • Lack of the ability to use the Mach E to power my house (even though it's an available feature in the F150)
  • The stupid battery jump locations
  • The limited adjustments of the front seats
    • up/down, but only the entire seat bottom, not independent front/back adjustments for seat bottom
    • seat bottom is too short for my legs (my Volvo had an extending portion to the seat bottom, as did my Mazda 35 years ago)
    • No lumbar up/down
  • No seat ventilation
  • No seat massage
  • The way the seatbelts get in the way when the rear seats are folded down, yet aren't retained in anything more than the most slight guide such that it's very easy for the belts to get behind the seats and then crammed into the setback retaining lock
  • The odd fit of the rear cargo compartment protection mat
  • The lack of protection mats for the rear seat backs
  • The ease of nicking the paint
  • The lack of a decent Ford bumper protection option
  • The lack of Magneride as an option independent of the rest of the PE package
  • I'd love it if the Frunk were a bit larger, especially front to back
  • The odd thing the OP mentioned about temporary lockout after opening the trunk (doesn't happen often to me, but shouldn't ever happen)
  • Lack of a hidden key for dead battery vehicle access (yes I know about the oh so convenient use-a-12V-battery-to-open-the-frunk-to-charge-the-car-stuff)
This is off the top of my head and dinner's getting cold, so I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: I should add that overall I love the car and think it is amazing.

• That rubber mat just does not fit. I have seen 6 other cars with this non-fitting rubber mat.

• Otherwise I enjoy my car (except for noise coming through the side “non-laminated windows).

Sponsored

BCool

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
  • That rubber mat just does not fit. I have seen 6 other cars with this non-fitting rubber mat.

• Otherwise I enjoy my car (except for noise coming through the side “non-laminated windows).
Agree with the rear mat fit. It's too long to lay flat without curling the end behind the back seats.

I'll add the sunglasses holder, which does not close flush. The dealer's service guy told me it's a common problem on MMEs, and I have seen it on other cars too.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
The sunglasses compartment is really poorly designed and flimsy. It broke less then in a year