Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD Premium ER - Space White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After living with the car for ~two months, it feels like Ford sorta gave up when it came time to designing the rear seats and cargo area:
  • No adjustable angle of rear seats;
  • Flimsy rear hatch cover that is held by (short-lived) strings, won't stay in the cheap snap-in brackets and is easily caught by breeze from open window;
  • poor fitting rear protective cover (I always pinch my fingers reaching under for the handle) and
  • Overall lesser quality/fit/finish
What I would really, really like, however, is a warning to take your PAKK-enabled phone when shutting down and exiting the car. I'm too old/stupid to remember it every time and have left the car very vulnerable. I am trying to train myself to listen for the (very annoying) locked-car horn beep. If I don't hear it, I'm being old/stupid again.
Sponsored

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ah, I see. I suppose it makes sense if Walk Away Lock is activating because it has lost detection of your fob and/or phone. I have the audible alert turned off, but if it was on, you would know if that is what is happening to you if you get honked at between closing the trunk and reaching the driver's door. Come to think of it, I probably get to the driver's door before the trunk has finished closing most of the time.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Ah, I see. I suppose it makes sense if Walk Away Lock is activating because it has lost detection of your fob and/or phone. I have the audible alert turned off, but if it was on, you would know if that is what is happening to you if you get honked at between closing the trunk and reaching the driver's door. Come to think of it, I probably get to the driver's door before the trunk has finished closing most of the time.
Rt1 doesn't have power hatch

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
  1. Weird unlocking sequence when trying to load the trunk first and then enter the car. When I open a trunk, load it, close it and try to open a driver door right away it does not work right away. I need to try several times to have it open. I already discussed this annoyance in a different thread. Somebody suggested me a walkaround - always hit the driver door button first and then open the trunk.
  2. Poorly designed charging port
    no way to lock the charging port and the charger hooked up to the car. The first problem caused the charger door pop open by itself in the automatic car wash. The second problem makes it possible to steal or unhook the charger without your permission.
  3. Power outlets.
    There is a cigarette lighter socket on the front row (extra USB would be more appropriate) . Lack of USB in the trunk area and lack of 12v in the frunk area. Lack of 110V outlet.
  4. Battery monitoring
    lack of information about the current battery state (state of degradation, how much kWh do you have left, level of battery usage and recuperation during acceleration and slowing down, etc)
  5. AC controls
    Non-intuitive hard to use HVAC system controls at the same time some hard buttons that take space but almost never used. Doesn't make much sense from the ergonomics standpoint.

will be updating the list in the process of learning my car
!. Weird unlock sequence
Until I unstuck from Sync 1.4.1 by going to the dealer to get a local update to 1.7.1, I think, I experienced the issue with doors not unlocking after first using the Lift Gate. Once that versioning was applied the issue totally went away.
2. Yep
3. Others mentioned cheap lighter-to-USB adapters that work fine.
4. Look into ODBII monitoring.
5. Yep, the Climate Region on the table could use a rework.

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Longer rear wiper - 16”
Frunk button on the phone
Replace trunk privacy cover with a rollback cover

HeyMomTheMeatloaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Country flag
A lot of interior parts are from other models (that you find in a rental car lot). E.g. - the gear shifter

A lot of the interior parts are poor quality, or not what you expect in a vehicle at this price point. E.g. - the hatchback cover on the demo was broke. It was broke because it was low quality. I plan on removing it altogether.

Infotainment does not have YouTube, Netflix, etc. Infotainment is slow.

I agree the charging info is lackluster (how many miles of range have I added, how many kw have I added, how fast am I charging).

The dealership experience. Disgusting. Uneducated.

There is no Supercharger network. Doesn't matter what vehicle; Electrify America sucks.

It's made in Mexico. We can't let Tesla be more American than Ford; a slap in the face to all that Ford has stood for and accomplished.

Lack of interior color options.

Weak regen

The cars brick themselves, and the forums seem to do more investigating and root cause analysis than Ford is.

I know I am not alone in wanting to hold Ford to a higher standard than what they've allowed themselves to settle for. Let's apply some pressure here; let's force Ford to push the envelope, and really compete to win. No more half hearted attempts.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
A lot of interior parts are from other models (that you find in a rental car lot). E.g. - the gear shifter

A lot of the interior parts are poor quality, or not what you expect in a vehicle at this price point. E.g. - the hatchback cover on the demo was broke. It was broke because it was low quality. I plan on removing it altogether.

Infotainment does not have YouTube, Netflix, etc. Infotainment is slow.

I agree the charging info is lackluster (how many miles of range have I added, how many kw have I added, how fast am I charging).

The dealership experience. Disgusting. Uneducated.

There is no Supercharger network. Doesn't matter what vehicle; Electrify America sucks.

It's made in Mexico. We can't let Tesla be more American than Ford; a slap in the face to all that Ford has stood for and accomplished.

Lack of interior color options.

Weak regen

The cars brick themselves, and the forums seem to do more investigating and root cause analysis than Ford is.

I know I am not alone in wanting to hold Ford to a higher standard than what they've allowed themselves to settle for. Let's apply some pressure here; let's force Ford to push the envelope, and really compete to win. No more half hearted attempts.
No offense, maybe you bought the wrong car for you? My only gripe is I’m still waiting for the car so I can gripe with y’all. 😊😂

Last edited:

HeyMomTheMeatloaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Country flag
I know there will be teething pains, or in the case of a bricked car; major catastrophic issues.

It is the insane resale values that make this purchase reasonable. I can put 5-10k miles on it, earn the right to complain, and sell it for more than the adjusted dealer markup ripoff that Ford dealers insist on punishing us with.

I got preorder for Hummer EV, F150 Lightning, 4x Fisker Ocean, Rivian R1S, Tesla Roadster, Tesla CyberTruck. Waiting on Ionic 5 now, because I want to drive the Model 3 again, while the Mach-E sits until Ford can figure out how to stop them from bricking themselves.

I'll try them all. I just want to develop preferences and first-hand experiences that allow me to have an opinion.

For those who are curious why our household has 4x Fisker Ocean reserved; we plan on selling 1 of the Fisker Ocean to family member (going to provide them an interest free loan), sell 2 to the highest bidder, and replacing the Mach-E GT PE with the fully loaded Fisker Ocean (providing the Ocean lives up to the hype)

Had I knew there was so much money to be made flipping lightly used/brand new EV; I would have ordered more of everything. I might not love this or that, but clearly the market has shown other people do love XYZ model, and they will pay over MSRP for it.

Not offense, maybe you bought the wrong car for you? My only gripe is I’m still waiting for the car so I can gripe with y’all. 😊😂

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Not offense, maybe you bought the wrong car for you? My only gripe is I’m still waiting for the car so I can gripe with y’all. 😊😂
I can't tell that they even bought the car. The only thread they started was a test-drive thread complaining about the Mustang. Seems to be someone who has a Tesla and wants to come dump on others' choices. I don't understand that.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I can't tell that they even bought the car. The only thread they started was a test-drive thread complaining about the Mustang. Seems to be someone who has a Tesla and wants to come dump on others' choices. I don't understand that.
I think this person just wants to flip cars? I don’t subscribe to that kind of behavior. 👎🏽👎🏽

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I think this person just wants to flip cars? I don’t subscribe to that kind of behavior. 👎🏽👎🏽
Also, they don't seem to understand some of the tax complications of providing interest-free loans on expensive vehicles (interest-free loans are considered a gift and if the value of the gift is high enough, it's taxable). I don't even understand why that's posted here... lol!

Weird trolling posts.

Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retiref
Country flag
  1. Weird unlocking sequence when trying to load the trunk first and then enter the car. When I open a trunk, load it, close it and try to open a driver door right away it does not work right away. I need to try several times to have it open. I already discussed this annoyance in a different thread. Somebody suggested me a walkaround - always hit the driver door button first and then open the trunk.
  2. Poorly designed charging port
    no way to lock the charging port and the charger hooked up to the car. The first problem caused the charger door pop open by itself in the automatic car wash. The second problem makes it possible to steal or unhook the charger without your permission.
  3. Power outlets.
    There is a cigarette lighter socket on the front row (extra USB would be more appropriate) . Lack of USB in the trunk area and lack of 12v in the frunk area. Lack of 110V outlet.
  4. Battery monitoring
    lack of information about the current battery state (state of degradation, how much kWh do you have left, level of battery usage and recuperation during acceleration and slowing down, etc)
  5. AC controls
    Non-intuitive hard to use HVAC system controls at the same time some hard buttons that take space but almost never used. Doesn't make much sense from the ergonomics standpoint.

will be updating the list in the process of learning my car
I would like to tackle these problems.
1. I always open the trunk first when I go shopping. I then go to the door and it always opens immediately. Talk to service.
2. The flimsy charge port cover is a problem.
3. You can buy a multi usb gadget from Amazon for less than $8. That could service a phone in the right seat or back seat. Not sure why you would want one in the trunk.
4. The display above the steering wheel tells you how much range you have left and Percentage.
5. The climate control button is on the main display on the bottom. It allows you to change the recycling of air and the heater. I have noticed that when you use the recycle of air, you must put it in auto mode first and it will stay on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
!. Weird unlock sequence
Until I unstuck from Sync 1.4.1 by going to the dealer to get a local update to 1.7.1, I think, I experienced the issue with doors not unlocking after first using the Lift Gate. Once that versioning was applied the issue totally went away.
Yes, software update at the dealership definitely improved it.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
4. The display above the steering wheel tells you how much range you have left and Percentage.
That is not enough. It would be nice to have a monitor with the level of battery usage / recuperation and also the level of battery degradation

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
1) Tiny rear wiper (cost-saving I guess as every inch counts).
2) When navigating and it's under 1 mile to the next instruction the main screen and dash screen do not show the same instructions. So one could be 200 yards and the other 600 yards.
3) Small UI details
A) Auto heating not cycling to zero so its 0-1-2-3-0
B) The seat warming should have the same cycling button presses.
4) When you turn on demist fan then turn it off the ac stays on. It should revert to the condition before you turned it on.
Sponsored