List of insignificant little flaws of Mach-E

Edw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
uff if you get to find it again please let me know. Thanks.
Maybe you can search AOSK on Amazon, I remember they sell charging port caps as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
!. Weird unlock sequence
Until I unstuck from Sync 1.4.1 by going to the dealer to get a local update to 1.7.1, I think, I experienced the issue with doors not unlocking after first using the Lift Gate. Once that versioning was applied the issue totally went away.
It is definitely better after i had it updated in the dealership. But still it opens the door only after the second push of the button.
Another weirdness is when you open the hatch the mirrors unfold, then when you close the hatch - they fold back. Then when you unlock the door - they unfold again.
So many unnecessary movements.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It is definitely better after i had it updated in the dealership. But still it opens the door only after the second push of the button.
Another weirdness is when you open the hatch the mirrors unfold, then when you close the hatch - they fold back. Then when you unlock the door - they unfold again.
So many unnecessary movements.
Heh, to complicate things if the doors are unlocked before the hatch is opened, they will not lock until the hatch is closed. Or, at least that's how my dumb car behaves. 🤪🤷‍♂️🐩

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Heh, to complicate things if the doors are unlocked before the hatch is opened, they will not lock until the hatch is closed. Or, at least that's how my dumb car behaves. 🤪🤷‍♂️🐩
Once you opened the doors - hatch doesn't matter anymore. Whether you open it or close the doors will work fine....... until the car gets locked.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Once you opened the doors - hatch doesn't matter anymore. Whether you open it or close the doors will work fine....... until the car gets locked.
Not the point I was making. I tried to lock the doors with the hatch open. They will not lock with it open. This is how the kid with the sticky fingers got in my car and smudged up my passenger side interior at the car show a few weeks ago. 🤬🐩

Muse

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
In addition to all those flaws, I feel that the engine revving in Unbridled mode is not loud enough, and users should have the option of making it as obnoxious as the ICE GT, which shouldn't be hard to do seeing as how the sounds are not real anyway... 🙃

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I've noticed from time to time when I just arrived, turned the car off and trying to leave - the alarm sound starts. I have to turn it on and off again to stop it. It happens rarely, I couldn't find a pattern yet.
So this car is still glitchy.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
True… to compound to this, the key fob is too bulky so I couldn’t carry it anyway.

What I’d really appreciate though is a power opening and closing frunk a la Lightning / R1T. Opening and closing the Mustang trunk requires clunks and bangs that are anachronistic to the futuristic nature of the rest of the car! 😞
I wonder if this feature could be made available as a dealer-installed accessory?

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One other little thing.
The design of the privacy cover for the trunk is terrible. Why not a roller cover like the Toyota Prius?
My Mach-e cover falls off all the time. I tries the O-ring hack and it fails after a few times.

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
My pedantic list of minor annoyances:
  • PAAK is sometimes slow to wake up. 20% Of the time I am clicking the button and nothing happens. In most cases it works after 10 seconds, but sometimes I need to enter the code.
  • No “now playing” information is visible with CarPlay. In my Bolt I always could see the name of the channel and the sone playing. In the MME I need to start fingering the screen to look it up.
  • No play/pause button for CarPlay on the steering wheel.
  • Inverter whistle noise when Driving around 30 mph.
  • Starting the radio app is annoyingly slow. On the plus slide, after it started changing the channel is pleasantly fast.
  • Switching on the 360 camera view for parking is too cumbersome. It requires two clicks at different spots, just when you want to park quickly. Clarity of the view down to the lines on the pavement is disappointing.
  • Switching the car into reverse requires looking down at the rotary dial. That makes 3-point turns unnecessary hard. It should be possible to do this just by touch.
  • Switching on or off the seat heater requires two clicks at different positions. Why doesn’t this just toggle between on/off
  • The wireless charging pad heats up my iPhone too much. That is bad for battery life.
  • The wacko layout of climate control settings that are spread over two screens. AC and heat toggles are on different screens. Heat and AC come on when you don’t want it. The lack of an ECO mode makes it waste energy on heating when you don’t expect it. On the plus side, the auto AC setting works better than on any car I have driven before.
  • The frunk is unnecessarily hard to open and close. The trunk controls are is only marginally better. Instead of the useless auto-park button the should be f/trunk release buttons.
  • Closing the trunk sometimes aborts with a loud honk for no reason.
  • BlueCruise sucks. There: I said it. Lane keeping assist is poor. It it too flaky to be useful on the roads here.
  • Charge control settings are poorly designed. It takes too many clicks to set the desired charge level or override the charge time.
  • Poor and uneven alignment between the windshield glass and the roof class.
  • The sticky feel of the steering wheel’s fake leather and the unpleasant feel of the hard stitching wires. It could be so much better if just that piece used a little real leather.
  • You can’t see it, but I can feel it: the front chairs have cloth at some button parts to save $0.20 in the cost of faux lather. That feels so cheap for a premium car.

ToTheMoonDJ

First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD EXTD - Rapid Red
Country flag
My pedantic list of minor annoyances:

• The frunk is unnecessarily hard to open and close. The trunk controls are is only marginally better. Instead of the useless auto-park button the should be f/trunk release buttons.

This actually makes me wish that the auto-park button was customizable because the process to auto-park is too cumbersome. I’d much rather be able to configure it to open and close the trunk and frunk like you suggested. Or even configure it to go into camera mode.

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Just a few things that bug me:
Charge door opens when going through car wash.
Little door for opening frunk with dead battery pops out in car wash.
Door lock button on the outside of the door doesn’t work unless you push it multiple times.
After using remote start to get the ac going if you use remote frunk open in ford pass to put your groceries in there everything shut down so no cooling.
The inside door opener does not trigger the pusher that pushes the door open when opening from the outside.
Sometimes the outside unlock button has to be pressed multiple times for the door to open.
The illumination of the unlock button is flaky. Sometimes it is illuminated when the car is approached and sometimes it is not. I always have my fob with me and my PAAK.
The protection for the hatch is about a half inch too long causing it to get stuck behind the back seats.
The vent control to the right of the volume knob is sensitive too close to the volume knob. This results in the vent control menu being activated when adjusting the volume as your finger accidentally touches it.
Sponsored