Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
1) Tiny rear wiper (cost-saving I guess as every inch counts).
2) When navigating and it's under 1 mile to the next instruction the main screen and dash screen do not show the same instructions. So one could be 200 yards and the other 600 yards.
3) Small UI details
A) Auto heating not cycling to zero so its 0-1-2-3-0
B) The seat warming should have the same cycling button presses.
4) When you turn on demist fan then turn it off the ac stays on. It should revert to the condition before you turned it on.
I don’t know what a demist fan is. Maybe you can explain what you think this feature is.
Sponsored

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
In addition to all those flaws, I feel that the engine revving in Unbridled mode is not loud enough, and users should have the option of making it as obnoxious as the ICE GT, which shouldn't be hard to do seeing as how the sounds are not real anyway... 🙃
I was showing off the engine rev in unbridled mode and the road pavement was so noisy no one could hear it. Sounds great on concrete, not audible on some asphalt.

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
One more little gripe. If you start your car using FordPass when checking out at the store and use the FordPass frunk button to open the frunk to put stuff in there it shuts down and stops cooling off the car. I see no reason to stop cooling off the car just because I opened the frunk.

drivenfilms

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Videography / Photographer
Country flag
- can’t lock the charger into the port. I had another MME owner take it upon themselves to unplug mine to use the charger. I wasn’t happy…

-limited entertainment options while charging. At least give us YouTube.

-no button for the tailgate inside the car that I can see. Was there one added in a software update? If so, my car won’t OTA update.

- CarPlay bugs galore.

- unusable side pockets in the doors. Can barely fit a can of soda.

- no way to release the frunk from my key Fob or phone.

- no 110V outlets

- no option for rear entertainment system. Would be wonderful for kids when sitting in the backseat at a charging station for 30-40 min. Sure, they can use an iPad but still, would’ve been a nice option.

- hideous wheels across all models. Sorry. They’re all ugly. Waiting on more aftermarket options.

omegafiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
No brand is perfect, you'll find many of these issues with other makes. So you can generally ignore or accept a few things.

However, too much cost-cutting in small areas combined with other problems add up. This seems to be an increasingly common theme with many Ford vehicles lately. They quickly go from "insignificant" to "significant" issues. Especially when it's time to consider purchasing another Mach-E, or any Ford.
  • Lots of cheap materials and plastic bits everywhere.
  • Creaking noises, especially when chassis is flexed.
  • Minimal interior lighting in the cargo area.
  • No colored ambient lighting in the rear, just for the front seats.
  • Infotainment needs a major update(s) in usability, features, and performance.
  • FordPass needs to be thrown out the window and start from scratch.
  • No cooled seat option on a <insert any value> vehicle??
  • Ford dealers know absolutely nothing about the Mach-E or how to service it.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Lots of cheap materials and plastic bits everywhere.
And yet Mach-e interior seems much more solid and better quality then tesla's

omegafiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
And yet Mach-e interior seems much more solid and better quality then tesla's
A few years ago, I would have agreed with you. But I also have a 2022 Tesla Model Y Long Range and things have improved a lot. Everything is much better put together and has little to no creaks or rattles. While both are far from perfect, based on what I have in my garage today, I'd have to give the edge to Tesla.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
There are 4 USB slots and two 12v sockets. The 12v sockets are great to plug in a cooler or an inverter. You can also buy a 12v plug containing 2 usb ports if you need more.

I appreciate the 12v sockets. I wish there was a 110v plug.
What feeds all these ports, the 12v battery? I'm thinking of installing a camera and could that deplete the 12v battery?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
What feeds all these ports, the 12v battery? I'm thinking of installing a camera and could that deplete the 12v battery?
Yes, everything is fed by the 12v battery. Multiple threads on that, what times out, what doesn't, and how the 12v battery SHOULD be replenished by the HVB as it discharges.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My pedantic list of minor annoyances:
<SNIP>
  • Switching the car into reverse requires looking down at the rotary dial. That makes 3-point turns unnecessary hard. It should be possible to do this just by touch.
<SNIP>
  • Closing the trunk sometimes aborts with a loud honk for no reason.
<SNIP>
  • The sticky feel of the steering wheel’s fake leather and the unpleasant feel of the hard stitching wires. It could be so much better if just that piece used a little real leather.
<SNIP>
The rotary shifter was a stupid design to begin with. Note to Ford: put a linear shifter back in all of your cars, not just the Lightning. 🤬🐩

My car often thinks that something is in the way of the lift gate, particularly when I have walked away and the sun is behind the car. Pretty annoying and when it gets this way I usually have to manually close it. 🤪🐩

Ford’s going to get the vegans mad if they put real leather back in the car. Perconally, I prefer the real stuff to the synthetic stuff, but the public has spoken. 🤪🐩

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One more little gripe. If you start your car using FordPass when checking out at the store and use the FordPass frunk button to open the frunk to put stuff in there it shuts down and stops cooling off the car. I see no reason to stop cooling off the car just because I opened the frunk.
You have a frunk button!? You must be special.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
My pedantic list of minor annoyances:
  • No “now playing” information is visible with CarPlay. In my Bolt I always could see the name of the channel and the sone playing. In the MME I need to start fingering the screen to look it up.
You need to configure CarPlay into split screen mode instead of full screen to see what is playing. I recall the Bolt needing this as well. Normally If I have the Map apps up, it takes over the full screen. Same for Phone, or Music. I have hit the split screen button on the bottom left of the CarPlay screen if I want to see the other CarPlay stuff.
  • No play/pause button for CarPlay on the steering wheel.
I don't recall any car I've owned in the past 15 years having a pause button on the steering wheel, CarPlay enabled or not.

• Switching on the 360 camera view for parking is too cumbersome. It requires two clicks at different spots, just when you want to park quickly. Clarity of the view down to the lines on the pavement is disappointing.
  • Switching the car into reverse requires looking down at the rotary dial. That makes 3-point turns unnecessary hard. It should be possible to do this just by touch.
The Bolt had the same issue. I usually would quickly shift into reverse and then into D to get the camera on, rather than hitting the home button and then the camera button. I would have loved a hard camera button in the Bolt, and the same for the Mach-E.

Shifting into Reverse doesn't require looking down at the dial. You just need to rotate it two clicks to the left. The tactile feedback is sufficient. Alternately, just look at the right hand side of the instrument cluster. The "gear" you are in is prominently displayed. Should be easy to look at that and rotate if tactile feedback isn't sufficient.

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I don't recall any car I've owned in the past 15 years having a pause button on the steering wheel, CarPlay enabled or not.
Good feedback. Thanks. In my Bolt I could press the “phone disconnect” button on the steering wheel to pause or resume CarPlay podcasts. It took me a year to discover that by accident ;)

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Good feedback. Thanks. In my Bolt I could press the “phone disconnect” button on the steering wheel to pause or resume CarPlay podcasts. It took me a year to discover that by accident ;)
Did that work for pausing playback of music streaming from your phone as well, or just podcasts? Wondering if it is a CarPlay specific function.
Sponsored