Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, if it’s a slow enough leak. It’s always worth a try before using the goo.
I am more for taking it off and getting it fixed than injecting a slime into it and melting a plastic compressor trying to inflate it. Just a personal preference. The slime can screw things up and for me is kind of like pouring mechanic in a can into your rad to fix a coolant leak. In 45 years of driving I have had one flat (that I can remember); so it is not a common problem for me so far. Flat bed, jack and grab the wheel are my two options. I will most likely keep the compressor in the vehicle for adjust (topping off) tire pressure when on the road if required.

My MME will have a jack in it. Does anyone know if jack pads, similar to Teslas', are required?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My MME will have a jack in it. Does anyone know if jack pads, similar to Teslas', are required?
I don’t think anyone knows yet. For what it’s worth, I emailed Modern Spare and they said they definitely will offer a full kit for the MME once they can get all the specs.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks; a donut. Think for the risk I will save the weight and a jack and lug wrench will do. But yes for anyone that does not want to take that risk throwing a donut in prior to road tripping is a good option. Don't tell my wife they are available. ;)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Replacing a TPMS if you use the compressor - that can get pricy.
"tell me more" he says a week after having a tire go out and using the slime (only to realize the sidewall was too damaged for the slime to work) only to have the dealer go "yeah you know about how that screws the sensor, right?"

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I'm planning on keeping a plug kit in the car, never used one but it seems doable on the side of the road if more complicated than goo.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Quick Reference Guide rev 4 is posted. Changes are mostly grammatical. Steering wheel media controls are no longer called out, and the "Information and Entertainment Display" is now the "Center Display."

Owners Manual and Supplemental Guides are now marked with "Vehicles Built Up To: 6/6/2021."

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The U.S. warranty guide was revised on June 30, 2021. I only see one change, and as far as I know it doesn't impact any Mach-E owner:

For cutaway and chassis cab configurations, battery degradation is considered excessive when capacity reaches less than 65 percent of the high voltage battery's beginning of life capacity. I assume this is preparing the warranty language to support Ford Transit and similar vehicles. For standard vehicle configurations such as Mustang Mach-E, this aspect of the warranty remains the same as before.

Ether

First Name
Ether
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I looked through the first two pages of this thread and don't see anything about changing the 12V battery. I think that is the only maintenance that I need to do for the car. I've seen the video of someone taking off the cover for the car etc, but how is everyone else planning to take care of the 12V battery changing needs? Will the car warn us before the 12V battery dies? Is it easier to just take it to the dealer to get the 12V battery changed?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Changing out the 12v battery doesn’t seem like it’s all that hard. There is the added step of removing the two beauty covers, but otherwise it’s the same as any other car’s 12V battery.
Sponsored