Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Warranty notes eDrive sysytems.

Anyone know what the eDrive systems are?

Appears the deferential, universals and drive shafts are power train warranty. Not too sure even where these are located on this new tech.

New terminology for me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E List of instructional videos, manuals, and web sites for Mach-E owners Hi-Rez

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Warranty notes eDrive sysytems.

Anyone know what the eDrive systems are?

Appears the deferential, universals and drive shafts are power train warranty. Not too sure even where these are located on this new tech.

New terminology for me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E List of instructional videos, manuals, and web sites for Mach-E owners Hi-Rez
Finally found it. https://help.ford.com/warranty/

"edrive" is the Electric Drive Module Assembly, which includes electric motor and gearbox. It is the housing (and all its content) that supplier Borg Warner refers to as the integrated drive module (iDM). Too many names for the same thing. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E List of instructional videos, manuals, and web sites for Mach-E owners 1606705351275

Reactions: pb3

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Finally found it. https://help.ford.com/warranty/

"edrive" is the Electric Drive Module Assembly, which includes electric motor and gearbox. It is the housing (and all its content) that supplier Borg Warner refers to as the integrated drive module (iDM). Too many names for the same thing. :)
Your link does not work for me.

We're sorry. We don't have information about your vehicle at the moment. Please be patient as we roll out support for more vehicles in the near future.

So does all the turquois, shown on the platform pic above, falls under 2 of the warranty?

Referencing OP link

2021 Model Year Battery Electric Vehicle Warranty Guide (Mustang Mach-E)

PG 11

(2) The high voltage battery and eDrive systems of your vehicle are covered by the Electric Vehicle Component coverage for eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. High voltage battery and eDrive components covered by this warranty include the high voltage battery assembly, Bussed Electrical Center (BEC), Battery Energy Control Module (BECM), on-board charger, Inverter System Controller (ISC), DC/DC converter, and eDrive.

Wonder what 1 of the coverage is for if titled specifically for the mach-e?

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Your link does not work for me.

We're sorry. We don't have information about your vehicle at the moment. Please be patient as we roll out support for more vehicles in the near future.

So does all the turquois, shown on the platform pic above, falls under 2 of the warranty?

Referencing OP link

2021 Model Year Battery Electric Vehicle Warranty Guide (Mustang Mach-E)

PG 11

(2) The high voltage battery and eDrive systems of your vehicle are covered by the Electric Vehicle Component coverage for eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. High voltage battery and eDrive components covered by this warranty include the high voltage battery assembly, Bussed Electrical Center (BEC), Battery Energy Control Module (BECM), on-board charger, Inverter System Controller (ISC), DC/DC converter, and eDrive.

Wonder what 1 of the coverage is for if titled specifically for the mach-e?
Yeah the turquoise area is what I am assuming is our EV specific component coverage, excluding the 12V battery.

Is your last question about extended warranties? I've been wondering about them, too. The currently published warranties are a really lousy value for a Mach-E owner (IMHO).

Lastly, since you are in Canada, this might be the reason why the US link to get the warranty details is not working for your VIN. On the Canadian web site there is a different booklet:

https://www.ford.ca/owners/resources-support/guides-and-manuals/

However, it does NOT appear to be updated for Mustang Mach-E. And, the PDF you are already reading seems to be applicable to both US and Canada based on the material up at the front of it. But maybe a more specific Canadian version is forthcoming, with kilometers and both French and English.

If you want to try the U.S. web site, try this VIN number: 3FMTK3R79MMA01851

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Can anyone (also thieves) open the frunk with the jumper cables?
I would imagine so by what I am reading but I would imagine that it is ONLY the frunk that you can gain access too in this way. It says on the video that to gain access to the car you have to charge the 12v battery to gain entry as normal. Just don't leave key or phone in the frunk

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Can anyone (also thieves) open the frunk with the jumper cables?
I thought the point of the jumper cables is to reenergize the 12v battery. Maybe this only works if the 12V battery is dead? Otherwise it's a poor design that can allow thieves to pop open the frunk.

"Note: If performed correctly, the front luggage compartment latches immediately release."

Ford Mustang Mach-E List of instructional videos, manuals, and web sites for Mach-E owners 1606740993186

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah the turquoise area is what I am assuming is our EV specific component coverage, excluding the 12V battery.

Is your last question about extended warranties? I've been wondering about them, too. The currently published warranties are a really lousy value for a Mach-E owner (IMHO).

Lastly, since you are in Canada, this might be the reason why the US link to get the warranty details is not working for your VIN. On the Canadian web site there is a different booklet:

https://www.ford.ca/owners/resources-support/guides-and-manuals/

However, it does NOT appear to be updated for Mustang Mach-E. And, the PDF you are already reading seems to be applicable to both US and Canada based on the material up at the front of it. But maybe a more specific Canadian version is forthcoming, with kilometers and both French and English.

If you want to try the U.S. web site, try this VIN number: 3FMTK3R79MMA01851
If you look at the hi-rez platform (above) passenger rear (top rgt) you see a shaft with a cv boot to the hub (grey). Possible page 11

(1) ....... five years or 60,000 miles may include gears, differential, shafts, fluid pumps, seals and gaskets, bearings, mounts, drive shaft, retainers, supports, universal and constant velocity joints.

Needs an (s) on shaft?

Assuming all gears, seals, gaskets in the electric motor assemblies fall under two? If all the blue is standard coverage under 2 of the warranty that is for sure a bonus for EV's and should to be praised like range. Have not bugged my dealer at all but clarification (when official Canadian warranty comes out) may be needed for my understanding of new tech.

You are right the warranty that is linked on the first page of this thread has Canada refenced in it on the second page in.

Edit: The Canadian link ford.ca transfers you to ford.com as soon as you click.
The warranty with vin is the same guide as you link in OP. It does say in the drop downs.

high-voltage battery packs, high voltage charger, DC/DC convertor, Electric Drive Module Assembly(includes electric motor and gearbox), trans range :)

Last edited:

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I thought the point of the jumper cables is to reenergize the 12v battery. Maybe this only works if the 12V battery is dead? Otherwise it's a poor design that can allow thieves to pop open the frunk.

"Note: If performed correctly, the front luggage compartment latches immediately release."

Ford Mustang Mach-E List of instructional videos, manuals, and web sites for Mach-E owners 1606740993186
I read that as it just pops the frunk. It’s not for charging the battery. It gives access to the 12v battery for charging. If it works when the 12v is not dead, that is a problem.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I read that as it just pops the frunk. It’s not for charging the battery. It gives access to the 12v battery for charging. If it works when the 12v is not dead, that is a problem.
It is the new jump start ;) . Need to make sure you have booster cables. I would assume a compact 12v charger would pop it open also if you can get to a plug. Some mentioned carrying a power supply but that gets a bit over the top for me and will hope I have cell reception at that stage.

Something connected to the divider and being able to open it is my guess. Maybe just wiper fluid and not chargers and other tools on long trips? Was going to be mine and off limits ;). Guess if someone wants in the glass is not bulletproof.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
It is the new jump start ;) . Need to make sure you have booster cables. I would assume a compact 12v charger would pop it open also if you can get to a plug. Some mentioned carrying a power supply but that gets a bit over the top for me and will hope I have cell reception at that stage.

Something connected to the divider and being able to open it is my guess. Maybe just wiper fluid and not chargers and other tools on long trips? Was going to be mine and off limits ;). Guess if someone wants in the glass is not bulletproof.
There is a catch-22 here: So you carry the power supply but you need to use it to get into the frunk or trunk but its in the frunk or trunk....sigh.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There is a catch-22 here: So you carry the power supply but you need to use it to get into the frunk or trunk but its in the frunk or trunk....sigh.
If the doors really do have super capacitors that allow them to open when the 12v battery is dead, you should still be able to get into the trunk via the rear doors. But yeah, don't store the power supply in the frunk.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only security issue I see is normally it is not so easy to get under the hood. It is easily explained how you pop off panels to access components once in. Possible the 12V jumper requires a fob or phone as a key present once shorted and prior to popping open? Will not lose too much sleep over it ;). It means you have no access to the vehicle and/or 2x manual pull from inside. It is for a dead 12v I guess. Sure will not be carrying cables and a power supply just in case. Wish they would scape the 12v; they must have battery power elsewhere ;).

You are right all tools in the frunck.
Sponsored