Loaner Mach-E AWD Premium at MSRP fair price?

sid234

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR
Country flag
A dealership about 80 miles away from where i live has a Red Mach-E AWD ER premium that was used as a loaner and has 3k miles on it. Apparently the car was never registered so it would be sold as a new car to make me eligible for the Federal rebates. They are offering it for sale at ~$56,400 since its a hard to find car. I am looking for an ER car, and would prefer AWD for comfort when driving in snow. Have had no luck with otherlocal dealers, and ordering online seems to be a >6month wait and all dealers have inventory in similar trims coming in only in mid-late october due to chip shortages

They are offering to sell in under the Ford Options since it has the $2.5k rebate and the terms for 48 months are:
Sale Price: 56440
Rebates: -2500
Downpayment: -5000
Taxes&Fees: 4020
Total financed: 52960

So the 47 month payments would be $731.31/month with a balloon payment of $22,012.

I feel like since it is a Loaner car that has miles on it, it should be much cheaper but the dealer is confident they'll be able to sell the car pretty quickly. What do people think?
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
A dealership about 80 miles away from where i live has a Red Mach-E AWD ER premium that was used as a loaner and has 3k miles on it. Apparently the car was never registered so it would be sold as a new car to make me eligible for the Federal rebates. They are offering it for sale at ~$56,400 since its a hard to find car. I am looking for an ER car, and would prefer AWD for comfort when driving in snow. Have had no luck with otherlocal dealers, and ordering online seems to be a >6month wait and all dealers have inventory in similar trims coming in only in mid-late october due to chip shortages

They are offering to sell in under the Ford Options since it has the $2.5k rebate and the terms for 48 months are:

So the 47 month payments would be $731.31/month with a balloon payment of $22,012.

I feel like since it is a Loaner car that has miles on it, it should be much cheaper but the dealer is confident they'll be able to sell the car pretty quickly. What do people think?
My Wife and I considered buying a dealer demo that had 2200 miles on it but then we found a new One and bought it for MSRP. We were not willing to pay full price for a used car but this is a tough market to negotiate in!!

Reactions: ARK

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Bought a Demo Premium 4X with 2300 miles. $1000 off MSRP and Ford added 6mos and 6000 miles to the factory warranty to make up for the mileage on it

HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
InfiniteBlueRt1, 07XterraManual
Country flag

In this market the dealer is right. Still your call as to whether to accept the deal or not. I wouldn’t unless I needed a car urgently.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
The car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. In this environment, with few new cars available and the Mach-E in short supply, someone will most likely be willing to buy that car.

I don't know how the price of $56,440 compares with the MSRP. I don't like to pay MSRP for a car (and certainly not over MSRP), but desperate times call for desperate measures ?

You might try to negotiate some perks into the deal, such as an extra key fob, extra warranty time (as mentioned by @TRP above), rubber floor mats, free maintenance for two years - things of value to you that wouldn't cost the dealer too much.

For reference, go into the deal prearmed with knowledge about extended warranties, since they will most likely try to sell you one. These four places sell genuine Ford extended warranties online:
Good luck!

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
I think the rebate may be gone?

Just checked the Ford site and no Ford Options, and no rebate. So good if they'll do it and it might affect your willingness to buy.

RobO

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD-E
Country flag
Bought a Demo Premium 4X with 2300 miles. $1000 off MSRP and Ford added 6mos and 6000 miles to the factory warranty to make up for the mileage on it
I’m in situation as you (paid MSRP for car with 3k) and was told I’d get extra 6mos or 6000 miles extra bumper to bumper factory warranty. Any idea how to validate that? Ford pass app says 3 years / 36000 miles bumper to bumper but believe that’s standard for all new owners.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
In a market where most dealers are trying to charge huge ADMs for new, getting the slightly used “new” car at ADM isn’t the worst deal out there. But your tolerance for it is up to you. Others who have bought Ford loaners in the past have verified that your 36,000 mile warranty starts from whatever the odometer says when you buy it.

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
I just bought mine, a Loaner AWD Extended range premium

MSRP $56,400

A plan- $54,317

$7,600 off car in lieu of tax credit (huge reason I wanted the loaner)

$4,500 trade in

After taxes and fees I am $47,756.62

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I got a premium awd er new for MSRP. I don't think a loaner is worth it. Especially if you lose out on the tax credit.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
OP said he was getting the Federal Tax Credit.

HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
InfiniteBlueRt1, 07XterraManual
Country flag
I think the rebate may be gone?

Just checked the Ford site and no Ford Options, and no rebate. So good if they'll do it and it might affect your willingness to buy.
Ford Options $2,500 depends on the state. Some places it's $1,000. Some places it's $0.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I’m in situation as you (paid MSRP for car with 3k) and was told I’d get extra 6mos or 6000 miles extra bumper to bumper factory warranty. Any idea how to validate that? Ford pass app says 3 years / 36000 miles bumper to bumper but believe that’s standard for all new owners.
Well, not sure exactly. Just looked at my app and says the same thing

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
I wouldn't. I don't do ADM out of principle but paying full price for a "used" car is along the same lines. At 3000 miles it sounds like alot of butts have been in that seat.

If you can wait, I would. If you're posting here for opinions it sounds like you're not in a rush. You might even find more loaners /cancelations and save money down the road.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
I just did exactly that. I figure it's not a big deal after the tax credit. It had exactly 2000 miles on it. The salesman himself put the last 500 of those miles on it just so he can get it eligible for sale for me. I'm choosing to view it as an extended testing by the dealership to make sure nothing is wrong. I did have them confirm to me like five times that I would be the first title owner and be eligible for the tax credit. If it makes you feel better, 3 days I'm having absolutely zero issues including PaaK.
Sponsored