James McDaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On six occasions I have been locked out , I had both my fob and phone, I finely went around to passenger side and was able to open door. The next few times I was putting things in trunk and went driver side and it wouldn't open, I had both fob and phone. After a few minutes I was able to get in. The last time a was locked out I had to use to door code to get in. Has anyone had his problem?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Did you try pushing the unlock button on the phone or fob?

I've had that happen to me a couple of times with the phone and once with the fob (I rarely carry the fob). Pushing the unlock button worked for me.

The fob incident actually happened at the dealership when I went for my test drive. The salesman told me the Lincolns do that sometimes too.

OP
OP
Jim McDaniell

Jim McDaniell

First Name
James McDaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you try pushing the unlock button on the phone or fob?

I've had that happen to me a couple of times with the phone and once with the fob (I rarely carry the fob). Pushing the unlock button worked for me.

The fob incident actually happened at the dealership when I went for my test drive. The salesman told me the Lincolns do that sometimes too.
Thank you I'll try it.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I've had it happen as well. I've found if you press the open button 3-4 times quickly it opens.

Not sure if I'm freaking out the car or not but... LOL

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've had it happen as well. I've found if you press the open button 3-4 times quickly it opens.

Not sure if I'm freaking out the car or not but... LOL
You're probably one of those who presses elevator and crosswalk buttons multiple times, aren't you? ?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
You're probably one of those who presses elevator and crosswalk buttons multiple times, aren't you? ?
Maybe, maybe not, you'll never know ;)

Just happened to try that once on the car and it worked so now I'm stuck ;)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On six occasions I have been locked out , I had both my fob and phone, I finely went around to passenger side and was able to open door. The next few times I was putting things in trunk and went driver side and it wouldn't open, I had both fob and phone. After a few minutes I was able to get in. The last time a was locked out I had to use to door code to get in. Has anyone had his problem?
Once so far. Came out of the store, opened liftgate with foot, put stuff on and closed it. Walked to the driver door and it wouldn't unlock. Finally pulled out the fob and hit the fob button. That worked.

Annoying.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Once so far. Came out of the store, opened liftgate with foot, put stuff on and closed it. Walked to the driver door and it wouldn't unlock. Finally pulled out the fob and hit the fob button. That worked.

Annoying.
My Clarity is the same way. I can walk up to the locked car, open the trunk, then shut it, and the rest of the doors remain locked. It only unlocks the trunk. It senses my key fob and my hand on the handle to unlock. When I open a front door this way, everything unlocks. I can't just open a rear door that is locked, I have to stick my hand in the front door handle first to unlock all. I might be able to change settings to change that behavior, not sure.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Clarity is the same way. I can walk up to the locked car, open the trunk, then shut it, and the rest of the doors remain locked. It only unlocks the trunk. It senses my key fob and my hand on the handle to unlock. When I open a front door this way, everything unlocks. I can't just open a rear door that is locked, I have to stick my hand in the front door handle first to unlock all. I might be able to change settings to change that behavior, not sure.
My Escape has the same handle sensors (fingers inside the handle unlock it, button on the outsode of the handle locks it, all with fob in the pocket).

What you describe sounds normal. It was still unlocking the driver door as it should. The problem we're describing is where it wouldn't even open the driver door like it should. The proximity detection temporaily failed. Which (unfortunately) seems to be a common problem with PAAK (probably bluetooth not connecting fast enough). However I (and the OP) also had the fob with us, which should be 99.9% dependable. I have a suspicion that PAAK could be overriding the fob, but I don't really know. If it happens a few more times, I'll disable PAAK and see if it keeps happening or not.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Every car we have owned can be finicky with the auto unlock. It's terrible on my focus electric.

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag

Annoying.
I’ve experienced this behavior as well.
Loaded groceries in the back, closed the lift gate, and driver door would not respond until I used the key FOB to unlock.

OP
OP
Jim McDaniell

Jim McDaniell

First Name
James McDaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve experienced this behavior as well.
Loaded groceries in the back, closed the lift gate, and driver door would not respond until I used the key FOB to unlock.
Thanks it worked.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I have a suspicion that PAAK could be overriding the fob, but I don't really know. If it happens a few more times, I'll disable PAAK and see if it keeps happening or not.
Keep us posted Tim.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
Off topic somewhat, but does anyone know of a door pillar code that opens hatch?
Sponsored