ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
My rear doors won't open unless I unlock/open one of the front doors first. The lock button on the outside of the rear doors doesn't work either. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
I've had a similar problem. My doors won't unlock if I'm standing towards the rear of the car where I can get the door open without having to move. If I take a 1/2 step towards the front of the car it will open. Seems like it doesn't detect the FOB as being close enough where I comfortably stand to open the door.

OP
OP

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I've had a similar problem. My doors won't unlock if I'm standing towards the rear of the car where I can get the door open without having to move. If I take a 1/2 step towards the front of the car it will open. Seems like it doesn't detect the FOB as being close enough where I comfortably stand to open the door.
Even If I hold the fob near the front door the rear doors don't open.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My rear doors won't open unless I unlock/open one of the front doors first. The lock button on the outside of the rear doors doesn't work either. Anyone else have this issue?
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
When was your car built? Have you had any module updates performed at your dealer? This SSM fixed a lot of door issues with early builds:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-door-activation-switch-not-lighting-up.4576/

And CSP 21P22 further improves the "door robustness":

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...gram-21p22-software-calibration-update.11677/

OP
OP

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
3/21 according to door sticker. I haven't had any module updates at dealer.
Then it's likely that CSP 21P22 will fix your problem, along with a bunch of other stuff, so you should probably make an appointment with your dealer to have that done.

Stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Ext
Country flag
OP
OP

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
Then it's likely that CSP 21P22 will fix your problem, along with a bunch of other stuff, so you should probably make an appointment with your dealer to have that done.
Thanks, yeah I'm planning to take it in since there's several annoying bugs now that are bothering me. I don't think I had this door problem until recently (maybe after a sync update).

OP
OP

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I had 21P22 installed in early December, but the door unlock issue remains. See my post from a couple of days after receiving the update:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ithout-opening-drivers-door.12221/post-298873

Since the, I have used fast charging and don't hit the sharp decline at 80%. I believe the update was correctly performed and something else is going on with the rear door unlock.
Did you try the 12v battery disconnection suggestion in that thread?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Looks like SSM 49676 is just a BCM update, so CSP 21P22 should update that module as well.
Weirdly, I had CSP 21P22 done first, and then later had the door lock problem. Subsequently I had SSM 49676 done, which then resolved it.

However, my Dealer didn't update all the modules when he did CSP 21P22, which might be why. ANd they actively refused to do so with a statement saying that "updating them when not needed could adversely affect driving performance"... Sigh ?‍♂

OP
OP

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
Damn, are we going to have to pay to take it in for updates after the warranty expires because Ford can't figure out OTA updates?
Sponsored