buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
That's the problem, they have Ford employees stuck in their ways about ICE vehicles. In my opinion, get on the train or get out. If you're not promoting and knowledgeable about the new EV that will carry your company into the next century, then you need to get out. You're only hurting your brand and distancing potential customers because of old thinking bias. I love Ford and don't want to see them sink, but idiots that think EVs are still a fad or not ready are going to bring the overall image of the company down.
For my longer road trips out to the national parks, sure I could use the mach-e but at current charge times and prices, it will cost more and take way more time so forget that. I will keep one focus for those trips, however I am not doing those journeys everyday so for the commute and local stuff the mach-e will work fine.

For a lot of people as BEVS are now at the 200+ mile range mark for most local stuff it will work, there are always people that charging is going to be a problem and for those longer journeys depending on your tolerance level to hanging around charge stations and having to take boring direct routes ICE will still be king, so rather than just ignore the BEV a clever dealer will realize that there are customers that a BEV will work best while for others it will be ICE and for some they will need both.

But this actually relies on having a smart sales force that actually wants to help the customer which based on my trips to various ford dealers in CA simply do not exist :( hence why at this stage I would rather deal with a ford website and click some buttons when it comes to purchasing.
Sponsored

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
My dealer was not supportive of Ford's move to EV's. He was concerned about his service department losing a lot of work because the EV's require significantly less maintenance. His father was a dealer and introduced him to the line when he was 14. He is now in his 80's. He is a stellar dealer who has never flinched at supporting his customers. He, like many other more experienced dealers, are seeing a new leaf turn over in their professional lives. We shouldn't be surprised they are perhaps a little slow to adapt. I know my man, Mr. Shaffer of Cumberland, MD, will come to provide the kind of service and support which has made his dealership so successful. Patience is indeed a virtue.
What a shitty way to look at life in general. You know it doesn't just apply to his dealership when having the mentality that they'll do less brake jobs and oil changes he thinks EVs aren't a good thing. Are you serious? let's not progress the lives of everyone around us, and cars in general, because you'll lose some oil change tickets. Gtfo of here with that type of thinking. Make sure the world never changes for the better so I don't lose a few dollars. Because let's be honest, when all cars are EV in the future (and that day is coming) it's not like they'll all work flawlessly and never need work done. Better believe that those service departments will still be full of vehicles. But hey, instead of that lets just instead not make EVs at all and keep everything gas powered. I love a V8, but sometimes other things are more important.

PCS2021

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Lincoln Navigator
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I totally agree. I reserved one a state away because they were the only one of five dealers to respond promptly (same day) and confirm no ADM. I actually just got off the phone with them today. They don’t have any information that wasn’t already publicized, but I felt like they were going out of the way to try and dig and make themselves available. Totally worth the drive for me.

I think I read/heard that around 2/3 of dealers were EV certified.
i contacted around 25 dealers East of the Mississippi, and included Texas and Oklahoma. I heard back from about five. Three said they had one in stock that I could test drive but they could not sell. One dealer in Oklahoma had one meeting my specs, but they are 1100 miles away from me. (I’m in North Carolina) the other dealer who returned my email was in Savannah GA. They had my exact car ordered, built and awaiting transportation. I sent them a deposit and a week ago today, I came home with my new Mach E. I had Recently bought a new Lincoln Navigator, which is where we first saw (or heard of) the Mach E. My Lincoln/Ford dealer was happy to take a deposit and order one, that by this time delivery was quoted as 6 to 8 months. My salesman in Savannah was outstanding. He kept me posted of every aspect of the car arriving. those good dealers are out there, keep looking.
Sponsored