Long Term Review - Are you still happy??

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
2 years 91,000 miles. We have 2. LOVE my cars. I go by the saying once you go electric you never go back. I love long drives. I have driven from SoCal to Houston /Seattle and Tucson. I will be a LOT happier when Tesla is available so I can drop EA. EA gives away too much free charging and makes for lines and slow charging. EVGO only gives free to Toyota. NEVER a problem. Tesla will destroy EA. EA will survive only by giving away free charging.
As for my two Mach E gt/premium AWD with extended battery I think this will be my first cars to last beyond the car payments. For the first time going over 100,000 miles does not scare me.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Three years next month and still love my FE!

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I still love our Premium AWD.

SJP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
1st year 9k mile review.

1st year 9k mile review.

2021 select with all the tech packages. It’s almost two years old and 18,500 miles. I have had the normal new tech bugs and repairs. Two problems, one is excessive wind noise at highway speeds. The noise gets worse as the temperature drops. It’s so bad that you cannot have a conversation with a person in the back seat. Ford can’t fix it so they do the next best thing. Give me an extended warranty.. what does it not cover… wind noise! Second problem, after 17k the car needs all new brakes and rotors. Funny because I use one pedal driving most of the time only using conventional brakes once a week to keep the rust at bay. Anyway I was quoted about $1300 , but my dealer is working with me and covering the rotors but not the pads. Ironically Ford has a TSB admitting to a bad design of the brake pads which cause the problems with the rotors. Called Ford twice , basically fell on deaf ears. So I basically like the car but have lost confidence in Ford. Not good for a person who has been a Ford customer for almost 40 years. Would I buy another one? Absolutely not!

WikiMart

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
I'm nearing retirement (65) and have been driving for 49 years, owned about 15 new cars in my time. The Mach E is the best car I have ever owned and I am only glad that I have had the ability to experience a great EV sometime before I am out out to pasture.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
None! I'm on my second MachE. I upgraded from a First Edition to a GTPE when they had basically the same value.

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
None! I'm on my second MachE. I upgraded from a First Edition to a GTPE when they had basically the same value.
Are you happier with GT compared to FE?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Are you happier with GT compared to FE?
Yes, the GTPE is better is almost every way. I have only had it for a month so I’m currently ignoring the lower cold weather range.

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance
2 years here as well, only 17000 miles on the car. My commute is small and only go few days a week, that said, I love the car. It makes my commute fun, with instant acceleration. The screen is awesome, love the tweaks we can do with it. My son(7 years) loves the games and the android auto games as well on the big screen. Charging is always at home( except for weekend trips), and I love not going to a grimy gas station for filling up. I own a 2021 machE premium

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
3 years now, 41k miles. satisfied enough to pay the balloon on the ford options this week :)

• Love
Reactions: ARK

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
2 years 91,000 miles. We have 2. LOVE my cars. I go by the saying once you go electric you never go back. I love long drives. I have driven from SoCal to Houston /Seattle and Tucson. I will be a LOT happier when Tesla is available so I can drop EA. EA gives away too much free charging and makes for lines and slow charging.
Dude, that's a crazy amount of miles. How much time would you estimate you have spent "fast" charging on road trips?

Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I am coming up on three years (wow, time flies!), and have no intention of parting ways any time soon. I think Ford did a great job in creating a car that looks great, drives great, and has great tech.