Long Term Review - Are you still happy??

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Eight months, 7,300 miles, no problems or issues - mechanical or otherwise. Simply the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm still making excuses to drive it!
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Dude, that's a crazy amount of miles. How much time would you estimate you have spent "fast" charging on road trips?
A LOT. I absolutely LOVE road trips. My longest one day drive was 13 hours straight from Bakersfield CA to Tucson AZ. My friend and I had a blast. We talked. We ate when we charged. It was relaxing. Once you leave Cali chargers are easy to get. He has an ICE car and he was shocked by the experience. He thought it would take an hour to charge. We stayed a max of 30 minutes. He saw $15 per charge and he was like this was nothing. He was comfortable. In the seats. It was VERY relaxing even though we drove 13 hours.

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
A LOT. I absolutely LOVE road trips. My longest one day drive was 13 hours straight from Bakersfield CA to Tucson AZ. My friend and I had a blast. We talked. We ate when we charged. It was relaxing. Once you leave Cali chargers are easy to get. He has an ICE car and he was shocked by the experience. He thought it would take an hour to charge. We stayed a max of 30 minutes. He saw $15 per charge and he was like this was nothing. He was comfortable. In the seats. It was VERY relaxing even though we drove 13 hours.
Nice have you checked your battery health?

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
'22 Select SR RWD, 1-1/2 years, 42k miles:

I love driving this car. It's smooth and comfortable. I kind of hate when I have to drive our SUV for trips, because the ICE/Transmission now feels like something is wrong. Why is this thing accelerating so slow???

Saving tons of money vs. gas. I have cheap L2 charging near work. I go on the occasional road trip about once a month that requires a DC session, and have only had one real 'Uh-oh!' moment with a set of bad EA chargers.

Things I hate that can't be fixed:
-Buttons instead of handles for the doors. I hope this over-engineered bad idea dies a quick death.
-Touch screen for climate controls. It's so bad, I would pay $1,000 to have the iPad-glued-to-the-dash replaced with the console from my 2016 Kia Optima. And I'm not kidding.

Things that could/should be fixed (just a partial list):
What's my 12V charge %? Log onto the Ford website (which is poorly marked as 'charge level')
What's my battery temp? Who knows
What power is my car asking for from the DC charger? Who knows
What is my current charging rate? Pull out your cell phone, hope you have service, and get the best guess from the crappy, crappy Fordpass app.

FORD, THERE IS GIANT #$@%! SCREEN IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CONSOLE! SHOW THIS INFO ON THAT!
Sponsored