PPT Ranger

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangeler Rubicon, 4.5" lift on 37's
Country flag
So I have been lurking the hallowed halls of this forum for a while now. I've been trying to decide on a new vehicle, and even put a deposit down on the Toyota RAV4 Prime last summer. Seeing as how those are never coming to regular states like Indiana I let my eyes start wandering and stumbled upon the MME.

I got to test drive a demo MME 3 weeks ago and one could say I got the bug. I decided this was the car for me. Unfortunately, I don't have a pre-order in, so my days are spent scouring car sites, calling dealers, finding out it's a demo or already spoken for, rinse and repeat. I get back from golf last Saturday and hey look, a new listing only 30 miles away from me. I call expecting more bad news... Wait what? It is for sale? The CEO ordered it than decided to get something else? And it's one of my desired colors? Premium AWD Extended in Star White. Needless to say, now my heart is racing... I'll be there Monday.

Take a half day from work today, and she's a beaut Clark. I made sure to look at the pano roof/windshield gaps (a little gap, but at least even all the way across). Took the little lady for a ride. I didn't notice any screen buzz or wind noise. I didn't notice any "bouncing" or other harsh ride adjectives others have used. Now mind you, my current rig is a '16 Jeep Rubicon on a 4.5" lift and 37's. So pretty much anything seems quiet to me and feels like I'm floating on a cloud. I get a little nervous driving cars that don't rattle because in a Jeep that means something is broke.

Dealer was pretty simple. They are giving me fair value for my Jeep, no ADM, no other dealer fees, pretty painless. I had to educate them on Ford Options so they are working out those details so I can compare to financing straight up. They'll call with the numbers and I'll decide which way to go. I should be picking her up Thursday (and hopefully I'll have 240V in the garage by then)!!! Now... what the heck do I do for the next 3 days other than peruse this forum religiously and get jealous?

PS Better pics coming after I finally get her

Storm Trooper.jpg
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Welcome to the family!

No pictures it didn't happen :)

Again congrats.

OP
OP
PPT Ranger

PPT Ranger

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangeler Rubicon, 4.5" lift on 37's
Country flag
Welcome to the family!

No pictures it didn't happen :)

Again congrats.
Thanks!

There's a picture... just happens to still be on the showroom floor. Best words I ever heard "Let's roll it back into the showroom and put a sold sticker on it"

I see you have a '17 Wrangler. So you know all about rough rides and the infamous Jeep rattle, death wobble, multiple broken windshields, tie rods being a wear part... etc. If it doesn't rattle it's wrong! I've been in a Jeep since '03 so this will be a foreign feeling to my bum and back lol

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks!

There's a picture... just happens to still be on the showroom floor. Best words I ever heard "Let's roll it back into the showroom and put a sold sticker on it"

I see you have a '17 Wrangler. So you know all about rough rides and the infamous Jeep rattle, death wobble, multiple broken windshields, tie rods being a wear part... etc. If it doesn't rattle it's wrong! I've been in a Jeep since '03 so this will be a foreign feeling to my bum and back lol
Sorry I should have said after delivery :)

My first Jeep was mid 90’s, first Wrangler was 2013 which I sold, second 2017 and also have a Grand Cherokee limited X.

I have the lifetime warranty on the 17 too, it’s a keeper and Jeep just tried to buy the lifetime back for $2500, I passed.

Again welcome and congrats!

31997198-3193-4A68-9ACB-3214D566E77C.jpeg

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Good looking Storm Trooper.

Reactions: ARK

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So I have been lurking the hallowed halls of this forum for a while now. I've been trying to decide on a new vehicle, and even put a deposit down on the Toyota RAV4 Prime last summer. Seeing as how those are never coming to regular states like Indiana I let my eyes start wandering and stumbled upon the MME.

I got to test drive a demo MME 3 weeks ago and one could say I got the bug. I decided this was the car for me. Unfortunately, I don't have a pre-order in, so my days are spent scouring car sites, calling dealers, finding out it's a demo or already spoken for, rinse and repeat. I get back from golf last Saturday and hey look, a new listing only 30 miles away from me. I call expecting more bad news... Wait what? It is for sale? The CEO ordered it than decided to get something else? And it's one of my desired colors? Premium AWD Extended in Star White. Needless to say, now my heart is racing... I'll be there Monday.

Take a half day from work today, and she's a beaut Clark. I made sure to look at the pano roof/windshield gaps (a little gap, but at least even all the way across). Took the little lady for a ride. I didn't notice any screen buzz or wind noise. I didn't notice any "bouncing" or other harsh ride adjectives others have used. Now mind you, my current rig is a '16 Jeep Rubicon on a 4.5" lift and 37's. So pretty much anything seems quiet to me and feels like I'm floating on a cloud. I get a little nervous driving cars that don't rattle because in a Jeep that means something is broke.

Dealer was pretty simple. They are giving me fair value for my Jeep, no ADM, no other dealer fees, pretty painless. I had to educate them on Ford Options so they are working out those details so I can compare to financing straight up. They'll call with the numbers and I'll decide which way to go. I should be picking her up Thursday (and hopefully I'll have 240V in the garage by then)!!! Now... what the heck do I do for the next 3 days other than peruse this forum religiously and get jealous?

Storm Trooper.jpg
Congrates, you made a great choice. I had a Rav4 hybrid and sold it because it was not really AWD. Got stuck in the snow all the time. If you were starting up only 1 wheel would try and drive the car. What a failure, last Toyota product I will ever buy. TFL tests showed the MME is at least a decent snow car

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
With perseverance comes reward. Good job putting in the effort. You won’t be sorry.
I talked to SO many dealers trying to find my two, that I still get calls almost daily offering me ones that are newly available.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Long Time Lurker First Time Poster 31997198-3193-4A68-9ACB-3214D566E77C
Congrats!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Storm Trooper.jpg
Welcome to the club!!!!