Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey , BMW 320i
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
For all of my fellow Southeasterners, I just took my first "longer trip" form Asheville, NC to Atlanta and back over 2 days. Approx 200 miles each way. Easily got there with 80+ miles to spare at highway speeds. Very comfortable and quiet. Lots of Electrify America chargers in Atlanta. On the way home, stopped for a bite to eat in NE Atlanta. EA charger ran at 140 kW and got to 80% in about 25 minutes. No problems, very enjoyable. With the distances I drove and the estimate remaining, the range looks closer to 300 miles, temp mid 60's.
Sponsored

Fatawan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Which model do you have Doc? Fellow Asheville person here, with relatives in Atlanta. Waiting on GT orders to open.

OP
OP

JayDoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey , BMW 320i
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Which model do you have Doc? Fellow Asheville person here, with relatives in Atlanta. Waiting on GT orders to open.
Premium
premium, AWD, extended range. EPA estimate of 270 miles but seemed to do better

Fatawan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great to hear. Sounds like range to spare.

Fatawan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you take the interstate route through SC or into the mountains through Waynesville? We prefer the scenic route but might affect range

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I've done a little bit of range testing locally with pretty promising results. I charged to 100%, and drove west on I-40 until I hit 60% charge and turned around. Made it from east of Winston-Salem to Morgantown NC and back, 215 miles. Averaged 3 mi/kWh and had 13% charge left which would be a highway range of about 250 miles.

I also went from east Winston-Salem, up 77 to Fancy Gap, and then down 52 through Mt. Airy and back home. This was just for fun. I wanted to do that hill climb section with switchbacks and then take 52 back down the mountain. I had a blast and it was 100% worth it. I took data every time my battery dropped by 5%. I did notice that the acceleration/deceleration/speed score from trip 1/trip 2/this trip did not line up... at all. For this drive trip 2 should have equaled the 'this trip' info, but Trip 2 had Accel/Decel/Speed as 20/20/18% and 'this trip' had them as 69/87/56%

Ford Mustang Mach-E Longer trip 1616693177864

Edit: This is in a premium extended range AWD. Climate control was on auto and set to 70 degrees. I focused on being comfortable rather than min/maxing to see what the range would be like on a normal road trip.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I think I'm going to do another range test this weekend using only the info from the 'this trip' screen as that seemed to be the most reasonable. I'm trying to collect data to see if I can come up with my own model for efficiency.
Sponsored