Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E-GT Performance
Occupation
Director
Country flag
Hi Gang! I have a deposit on new 2022 loaded GT P model - would be my first electric vehicle - live in Canada/Toronto. We do get some pretty cold winters and very warm summers, have been reading on range findings in both climates. What are some things you would give me advice on, and ultimately would you pull the trigger. We mostly drive within the greater Toronto area, and of course in the summer may do a few road trips here and there. My few concerns I have are as follows
1.no heat pump and the potential battery drain
2.time it takes to charge from 80% to 100% - can this be increased potentially with a software update if Ford wants to be less conservative
3.no cooled seats - how has this affected existing owners in warm climates ?
4.let's say it is quite cold, you happen to spend a day at the mall, or your office - have you seen. drastic battery drain when returning at the end of the day that could potentially drain the battery empty ?

I do see the new 2022 have gotten a slight range increase and overall I am not interested in any other electric car for now as I love what Ford has done with the GT P. The fit and finish when I test drove the car was quite impressive with no rattles or creaks.
Sponsored

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you are just driving around Toronto, not sure why you would care about the 80-100% DCFC rate. However, there are updates that improve that considerably. For local driving, even in the worst winter weather, you are likely to have over 150 miles of range, which is likely far more than you would need daily. Charge it on L2 at home and you will have no issues.
Parked outside in the cold should not drain the battery much at all, but a few people have had issues with the 12V battery.
You will need all-season or winter tires. The GTPE comes with summer tires that WILL NOT work in the winter.

OP
OP

Hardy1-76

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E-GT Performance
Occupation
Director
Country flag
If you are just driving around Toronto, not sure why you would care about the 80-100% DCFC rate. However, there are updates that improve that considerably.
Parked outside in the cold should not drain the battery much at all, but a few people have had issues with the 12V battery.
You will need all-season or winter tires. The GTPE comes with summer tires that WILL NOT work in the winter.
Thanks Kevin! Since this is would be my first EV I am probably overthinking the few scenarios where I go on road trips. Agreed on the winter tires and already part of the plan for next winter season. Based on the updates released how has your experience been on Sync 4 and general stability and responsiveness ?

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
From watching a lot of YouTube, The Straight Pipes, are a duo that review cars in the Toronto region. They have tested several different EVs and report on the consistency of the charging stations to help EV buyers make good buying decisions. Many of the Electrify Canada stations are broken, some stations appear to be working but refuse to accept payment, etc... If you plan on charging at home, you'll be ok. If you are in an area where there is a robust amount of charge stations, I would scout them out first to check to see if they are working.
Sponsored