Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone know if Ford is taking orders for First Editions.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
Or a cancellation.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Does anyone know if Ford is taking orders for First Editions.
No more First Edition orders being taken. You might get lucky and find one that someone ordered but backs out of buying it. It will just take some work on your part. You can search for Mach-Es on Autotrader.com or Ford's inventory search ( https://shop.ford.com/showroom/?linktype=inventory#/ ).

On AutoTrader.com, they list First Editions as Premiums, but you can filter by price and find the ones that have an MSRP of over $59,000 and Red. It's not perfect, but should help.

Once you find them, you'll have to contact each dealer and see if it is actually available. Most of them are for customers and they just haven't completed the purchase yet (in production or in transit cars are listed as in inventory).

OP
OP
Ponypower50

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the help. May just keep the Premium I have on order.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Out of curiosity, what is it about the FE that you want over the Premium?
I was going to ask the same. Unless there is a preference to the cosmetic differences, its a 3600 upcharge. I have a IB premium on order as well and if the both were close in delivery I would be leaning towards the premium - Ford is making it easy for me by delaying my Premium 3 times now :)

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I was going to ask the same. Unless there is a preference to the cosmetic differences, its a 3600 upcharge. I have a IB premium on order as well and if the both were close in delivery I would be leaning towards the premium - Ford is making it easy for me by delaying my Premium 3 times now :)
It was originally $1600 premium and the difference are only cosmetic. Fended trim is painted body color instead of black. Brakes are painted red. Upper-half of mirrors are painted body color. Door frame says "First Edition". Accelerator & Brake pedals are metal. Interior is dark/black. Unique seat upholstery with your choice of either red or blue stitching (which could be chosen to match a Rapid Red or Grabber Blue body color ... although they don't make you match and you get it even if you choose a different body color).

I wanted the black interior ... a LOT easier to keep clean than a light color interior.

Ford reduced the price of the Premium by $3000 but only reduced the price of the First Edition by $1000. When that happened, it added another $2000 difference to the already $1600 price difference ... making it a $3600 difference.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I wanted the black interior ... a LOT easier to keep clean than a light color interior.
You can get the black interior in the Premium too. It just doesn’t have the red or blue accent stitching.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag

Attachments

OP
OP
Ponypower50

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Everyone is right, its a lot xtra money for the FE. But theirs only one First Edition. I plan on keeping my premium order since the FE's I have seen are listed at 4-6 thousand over sticker.

Thanks, now for the wait!

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Everyone is right, its a lot xtra money for the FE. But theirs only one First Edition. I plan on keeping my premium order since the FE's I have seen are listed at 4-6 thousand over sticker.

Thanks, now for the wait!
I tried to buy a Red FE today at a dealership that said it was available. That failed miserably.

That was a waste of 4 hours spent in traffic going to see Russel & Smith Ford in Houston.

I filled in the contact me information on the dealer's website. Their concierge people called me. I asked if the car was reserved. They said "No." I asked if it was for sale and they said "Yes the car is in transit but it will be here next week. You can come do all of the paperwork now and we will deliver it to you when it comes in." They said they took Xplan and knew what Ford Options was. That should have been the dead give away.

I made an appointment for 6 PM Monday evening. I showed up early and a salesguy came buzzing over as soon as I stepped out of my truck.

I told the salesguy I had a 6 PM appointment with the finance department to do the paperwork on a Mach E. The salesguy got that look on his face like he just the most bitter thing ever. He said the concierge people are a 3rd party and they gave me bad information. I spoke with sales director Simon and he said the same thing. The most fustrating thing was that they would never take responsibility for the error. They just kept saying it was a third party. I showed him the emails I got from the concierge saying there were part of Russell & Smith Ford. I told him of my conversation. Didn't matter to the Director of Sales. He would just say they were a third party. Russell & Smith would not take any responsibility for the error.

1612838890481.png