Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I generally get a complete second set of wheels, and put snow tires on for my winter ski trips. I'm not a huge fan of factory wheels usually partly because of looks, but mostly because of weight. The Mach-e being on the heavy side.... shaving a pound off wheels is supposed to 'feel' like -20 pounds in inertia; so I am thinking snows will go on the stock wheels, and I'm looking for lightest wheels available at 'reasonable' cost, which for me is around $300/wheel.

All that being said.... I am struggling to find actual weight of the stock wheels, and actual weight of aftermarket in 'same size'. the design is secondary to me, so I would really like actual weights as a primary sort.

Stock 18" wheels on the Select weighed 25.6# on the bathroom scale for me...

----------- updated to pull results to the top ------------
the ts-v , V split 10 spoke, is looking like the lightest at 19.5#
522-885-3140 GR BK (gray or black)is 18-8.5, 5x108, 40inset
price.... looking like MSRP at about $960 for 4....

note that you have to also get open-end nuts that have a smaller seat diameter to fit in wheels.
------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
wanted to post a followup.... I've tried ordering the Enkei RPF1 from 3 different dealers. All took the order, but then cancelled when they found out Enkei discontinued. I've been a bit frustrated that the new Enkie catalog doesn't post weights, but finally got a dealer to get some weights.... I dunno how accurate, but here are the top three:

tx-5 at 22# in 18x8
ts-v at 23#
ts9 at 23.4#

a little poking around the web shows them costing $200-$250/wheel

what I still don't know for sure is how much the stock wheels on the Select weigh, for comparision. My goal is to drop *a couple pounds* per wheel and keep the cost below $300/wheel.

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
wanted to post a followup.... I've tried ordering the Enkei RPF1 from 3 different dealers. All took the order, but then cancelled when they found out Enkei discontinued. I've been a bit frustrated that the new Enkie catalog doesn't post weights, but finally got a dealer to get some weights.... I dunno how accurate, but here are the top three:

tx-5 at 22# in 18x8
ts-v at 23#
ts9 at 23.4#

a little poking around the web shows them costing $200-$250/wheel

what I still don't know for sure is how much the stock wheels on the Select weigh, for comparision. My goal is to drop *a couple pounds* per wheel and keep the cost below $300/wheel.
I have exactly the same goal. As soon as I have a solution I will post it.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have exactly the same goal. As soon as I have a solution I will post it.
my MME is coming next week, I think. I will probably order a set of tx-5 tomorrow as they are the lightest I've found so far, and are just $200/wheel if you shop around a little. When I swap tires, I'll get actual weights for stock and tx-5.....

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
my MME is coming next week, I think. I will probably order a set of tx-5 tomorrow as they are the lightest I've found so far, and are just $200/wheel if you shop around a little. When I swap tires, I'll get actual weights for stock and tx-5.....
got some more info with (hopefully) more accurate weights.
the ts-v , V split 10 spoke, is looking like the lightest at 19.5#
522-885-3140 GR BK (gray or black)is 18-8.5, 5x108, 40inset
price.... looking like $960 for 4.... with a 3-4 week backorder delay

ts-5, 5-spoke is reported at 21.3#
...and the rest are a couple pounds heavier...

Ford Mustang Mach-E looking for LIGHTEST wheels at <$300/wheel [answer: Enkie TS-V so far] TSV-BK

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Make sure the load ratings are high enough. Light is good but strength is just as important

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Make sure the load ratings are high enough. Light is good but strength is just as important
I have not been able to find the load rating for the 522-885-3140 (Enkei ts-v)

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I have already 2-3 choices for my wheels, but does anybody know the weight of the stock premium wheels. I dont have my car yet so I cant weigh the wheel yet. From what I see the tires weigh 26lbs so if anybody can weigh one wheel and subtract the tire weight we can know the wheel weight.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have not been able to find the load rating for the 522-885-3140 (Enkei ts-v)
A reply from Enkei, wheels are rated for 700 kg, should be plenty for mme

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have already 2-3 choices for my wheels, but does anybody know the weight of the stock premium wheels. I dont have my car yet so I cant weigh the wheel yet. From what I see the tires weigh 26lbs so if anybody can weigh one wheel and subtract the tire weight we can know the wheel weight.
The Michelin Primacy A/S 103H XL (Extra Load) tires that come on the Premium are actually 28 lbs. each which are a couple of pounds heavier than the standard Primacy A/S tires.

I am going to try and take a tire/wheel off of my friends Premium sometime this week to measure the total weight and will post it here if someone else does not post it first.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Michelin Primacy A/S 103H XL (Extra Load) tires that come on the Premium are actually 28 lbs. each which are a couple of pounds heavier than the standard Primacy A/S tires.

I am going to try and take a tire/wheel off of my friends Premium sometime this week to measure the total weight and will post it here if someone else does not post it first.
Thank you i appreciate that, i found wheels that fit the load rating and are light but I need to make sure its not heavier

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you i appreciate that, i found wheels that fit the load rating and are light but I need to make sure its not heavier
I am willing to bet any wheels you find will be lighter than OEM. My GT500 came with what Ford called "light" Flow Formed 20"x11" aluminum wheels. They were 36 lbs each. The 20"x11"wheels I replaced them with (Signature SV902) were 22 lbs each, so shaved 14 lbs off of each corner.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A reply from Enkei, wheels are rated for 700 kg, should be plenty for mme
If your MME is 4800+ lbs, you're going to want to get a wheel that can handle the gross vehicle weight, which is going to be higher (I'm not sure what that value is but someone will chime in). You're going to want a wheel with at least 850-900 kg, if not higher. 700 kg would be enough for a 4000 lb vehicle but anything heavier, that wheel can't safely carry the weight of the car, passengers, payload, and vehicle load on acceleration and corner. It's more about the axle load and not as simple as 700 kg x 4 wheels.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am willing to bet any wheels you find will be lighter than OEM. My GT500 came with what Ford called "light" Flow Formed 20"x11" aluminum wheels. They were 36 lbs each. The 20"x11"wheels I replaced them with (Signature SV902) were 22 lbs each, so shaved 14 lbs off of each corner.
Ya i found 22 and 24lbs. Plan is to keep oem's for winter.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
[
If your MME is 4800+ lbs, you're going to want to get a wheel that can handle the gross vehicle weight, which is going to be higher (I'm not sure what that value is but someone will chime in). You're going to want a wheel with at least 850-900 kg, if not higher. 700 kg would be enough for a 4000 lb vehicle but anything heavier, that wheel can't safely carry the weight of the car, passengers, payload, and vehicle load on acceleration and corner. It's more about the axle load and not as simple as 700 kg x 4 wheels.
You need wheels for minimum 1600lbs since rear axle is rated at 3200lbs and is heavier than the front.

We discussed it in other threads
Sponsored