First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Prior to the trip, how often did you DCFC? How often do you "floor the car?"
DCFC less than 10. I have 91 KW left of my 500. Floor the car never who would abused their car ?
Sponsored

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Prior to the trip, how often did you DCFC? How often do you "floor the car?"
I also am dealing with a HVBJB failure, fast charged just a handful of times (and only once in the last few months) and floored the car exactly 0 times. The only risk factor I had was having a GT.

OP
OP

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
I also am dealing with a HVBJB failure, fast chargeds just a handful of times (and only once in the last few months) and floored the car exactly 0 times. The only risk factor I had was having a GT.
Yep stuff happens but dang

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I also am dealing with a HVBJB failure, fast charged just a handful of times (and only once in the last few months) and floored the car exactly 0 times. The only risk factor I had was having a GT.
Zero times?

I think we bought the GT for different reasons.

Every new passenger pretty much requires that i floor the car at least once!

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
HVJB is the isssue, but we knew that. The battery has been dropped. Part is supposedly 7 to 10 days out. Picture attached
5FA8C1C6-7084-4ABB-A26B-9E4B259F0A1C.jpeg
Really, why is the part taking this long to reach your dealer?

@DevSecOps has mentioned that the Sac parts warehouse (where your profile says you are) has a plethora of extra beefy junction boxes just waiting for open battery packs like yours ....

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Zero times?

I think we bought the GT for different reasons.

Every new passenger pretty much requires that i floor the car at least once!
My 4 year old demands a launch at least once a day.... My little backseat driver also tells me to get going when the light turns green all the time, not understanding that there are cars in front of us....

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
DCFC less than 10. I have 91 KW left of my 500. Floor the car never who would abused their car ?
And if you do it right, you can spin the tires.

I like pulling out onto a street, and as I make the turn, gunning it so the wheels spin. So much fun! You can also do it while already moving, at 30 mph for example. Hit the turn right, gun it, and the wheels spin. It also helps if the road is a little wet. If the stoplight is heading up hill, you can usually spin the front tires if you floor it.

Why wouldn't you want to do these things? 😂

OP
OP

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Really, why is the part taking this long to reach your dealer?

@DevSecOps has mentioned that the Sac parts warehouse (where your profile says you are) has a plethora of extra beefy junction boxes just waiting for open battery packs like yours ....
It has since been updated to part ordered today and will be there tomorrow 7/27🥰

OP
OP

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
My 4 year old demands a launch at least once a day.... My little backseat driver also tells me to get going when the light turns green all the time, not understanding that there are cars in front of us....
😂. I like when they say go lightning McQueen fast💀

OP
OP

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
And if you do it right, you can spin the tires.

I like pulling out onto a street, and as I make the turn, gunning it so the wheels spin. So much fun! You can also do it while already moving, at 30 mph for example. Hit the turn right, gun it, and the wheels spin. It also helps if the road is a little wet. If the stoplight is heading up hill, you can usually spin the front tires if you floor it.

Why wouldn't you want to do these things? 😂
Need that beefy HVJB that’s why 😂🤪

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
HVJB is the isssue, but we knew that. The battery has been dropped. Part is supposedly 7 to 10 days out. Picture attached
5FA8C1C6-7084-4ABB-A26B-9E4B259F0A1C.jpeg
Sorry to hear about the HVBJB failure, but I just wanted to say, this is actually a really good picture of the battery. I don't think I had previously seen one. That graphic they have (had?) on the Ford website ordering page showing the larger battery as having the additional cells in a stack in the rear is spot on.

OP
OP

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the HVBJB failure, but I just wanted to say, this is actually a really good picture of the battery. I don't think I had previously seen one. That graphic they have (had?) on the Ford website ordering page showing the larger battery as having the additional cells in a stack in the rear is spot on.
Thanks man. It happens and it’s gonna happen to more people.
I’m just glad I had the recall software to be able to drive the car to the dealer vice
FOUND ON ROAD DEAD🤪

• Haha
Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks man. It happens and it’s gonna happen to more people.
I’m just glad I had the recall software to be able to drive the car to the dealer vice
FOUND ON ROAD DEAD🤪
Lol, Ford works hard to keep its traditions alive in a changing world.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I find I’m able to accelerate plenty fast enough to feel that g-force and hit the speed limit (wink wink) with a firm but no where close to flooring pressure when I’m in unbridled. Same with passing on the freeway. Ironically I had plans to take my car to the test and tune day once my local drag track opened up this spring. But life happened, I got busy, and I actually had finally made official plans when I heard about the recall and thought i should prob wait.
Sponsored