ahshah

First Name
Ankur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I am quite frustrated and getting no help from the dealer. My Mach E premium was getting 210 to 220 miles per full charge for a year. After I picked up the vehicle from a software update performed by the dealer, I now get 160 to 170 miles per full charge. It has been over two months now since the software update. I have driven it over 1000 miles and it has not reset itself to the original mileage estimate. I tried asking the car to manually re-estimate mileage and it still comes in at 160 to 170. My driving habits have not changed. Has anyone experienced this issue? The dealer claims that the battery is testing normal but I have mysteriously lost 50 miles per full charge! I live in Southern California so cold temperature and battery usage by the heater is not the issue.
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
I tried asking the car to manually re-estimate mileage and it still comes in at 160 to 170.
Did you fully reset your driving history - is that what you mean?

it’s also pretty important to tell us if you have the SR ER RWD AWD version. I’m guessing SR RWD… but again. A guess.

What is your average consumption while driving? Over one, two, many trips?

OP
OP

ahshah

First Name
Ankur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Yes, the driving history was fully reset. It is an SR AWD

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
As with every one of these threads…
Please clarify. Are you saying the GOM on the dash is reporting only 160-170 miles. Or are you driving it and actually seeing only 160-170 miles? (Ie. starting at 100%, driving 80 miles, and the car now shows 50% charge?)

OP
OP

ahshah

First Name
Ankur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The answer is both. The GOM is going down fairly accurately (and battery life) is going down pretty accurately with distance traveled. 60 mile round trip commute and am left with about 110 miles and about 70% battery life at the end of the day

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The answer is both. The GOM is going down fairly accurately (and battery life) is going down pretty accurately with distance traveled. 60 mile round trip commute and am left with about 110 miles and about 70% battery life at the end of the day
60 / .30 = 200 mile range...

OP
OP

ahshah

First Name
Ankur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
That's a good point. I will take a closer look at the exact mileage and battery life today. I was doing the math the other way in that 110 miles = 0.7x so x would be 157. Let me see what it ends up being tonight.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
After you've been driving for say ... 10 minutes or so ... what does the Trip info show for average miles/kWh?

blazinazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ER AWD Premium
Country flag
Your own data suggests at 100% your car would get 200 miles of range. The EPA rating for SR AWD is 211 miles so you're right in like with that assuming perfect wind and temp conditions.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
@RickMachE has the proper formula. That’s what I use to double check my GOM constantly.
Sponsored