Lots of 2023s available

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
My 6 month old, 6000 miles used '22 Lightning is still worth MSRP according 2 big name car buyers that have made offers for it.

Amazed at how it kept it's value even on the wholesale purchase level.

I will be looking at selling my Lightning to get into the MME that will barely squeak in under the $55K max MSRP for the full tax credit.

Thanks to everyone here who found a way to make my incoming MME good again!
Congrats on your good fortune -- and that's exactly what it is.
Sponsored

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Every car has minimum 5k over MSRP, the GT PE is being quoted at 93k. Want to see how things will be starting January 1st for these unfair dealers

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Every car has minimum 5k over MSRP, the GT PE is being quoted at 93k. Want to see how things will be starting January 1st for these unfair dealers
That's insane. I suspect they are about to get burned with a lot of inventory and a harder time moving it. I think I read that some new rules (like country where the battery is made) wont go into effect until March. But there are income caps, etc. that disqualify buyers from getting the take break as well.

When I bought my '21 ... it was roughly $60k MSRP ($59 & change) but in my mind it was $52.5k -- given the tax break. The '23 version configured to be roughly the same is $66.7k. Roughly $7k higher in my situation I would not qualify for the tax credit. To me that translates into roughly $14k+ higher. So if a dealer were to think they were going to tack on ADM on top of all that ... there's no way.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
Could be worse; you could be a VW, Hyundai or Kia dealer, who got caught flatfooted by the tax credit rule change in August that made their vehicles ineligible.

I have seen the ADMs wither away at many dealerships and keep getting spammed to come in for a "good deal," which I assume is MSRP.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
The falling used prices put me off the most. Our trade in was worth $34,000 in September, now the trade value is $28,000. What are 12 month old MMEs going to be worth in a year? For the last year there was zero risk but things are changing fast.
Used car prices are coming down. A less than a month old with 300 miles is now seeing $12k lower than MSRP or $16k lower with tax and fees.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Gonna be fun to watch! Popcorn please! 😂

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The crazy used car prices are over. Markets will always adjust to the economic conditions. I for one am glad the dealers who have been scalping people finally get their just dessert.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I saw 7 (!!!) new Mach-Es at my local Ford dealership. Maybe two were custom orders. I've never seen more than 2 at any local dealership here. Ford is cranking MMEs out it seems.

I was there drooling over a Ford Bronco Raptor (got the offroad bug after attending the Ford Off-Roadeo event) :)

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm seeing 2023s at my local dealer, but they all have the green window sticker so they might be spoken for already. However, I don't think they posted my winder sticker when I purchased so it's possible people are cancelling now due to economy/finances/job/interest rates.

I still see like $10k ADM on stuff that's on the lot though.

Ford seems to at least be able to produce 2023s on time which is a positive.

YouEeee

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford mustang mach e gt
Country flag
Yesterday i got called by my local dealer willing to sell 2023 mme cali rt 1 for msrp 65k without mark up . Same price as my 2022 gt 🙂. They do have 6 mme on lot because ppl walked away with order .

Btw my gt got quote from vroom and driveway is 45k .

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
The crazy used car prices are over. Markets will always adjust to the economic conditions. I for one am glad the dealers who have been scalping people finally get their just dessert.
The dealers around me didn't get the memo. There's one that has 3 cars all showing $7500 markup. This same dealer is also still sitting on a used Premium SR AWD listed for $63K - my car that I sold back in August. I sold the car to CBUSA for $57K, dropped it off at Manheim auction. This dealer scooped it up I'm guessing, presumably for more than $57K?

Mach Eight Three

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Yesterday i got called by my local dealer willing to sell 2023 mme cali rt 1 for msrp 65k without mark up . Same price as my 2022 gt 🙂. They do have 6 mme on lot because ppl walked away with order .

Was that Villa Ford? They were still telling me $10-$15K ADM as recently as Tuesday 12/27. I called on New Year’s Eve and they were selling all Mach E at MSRP. Supposedly 12/31 was the last day at MSRP. Unfortunately, my 300 mile distance to Orange County on Tuesday had become a 3,000 mile distance yesterday.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag

So, you have an opportunity to downgrade from GT to Rt 1, and it only costs you a net of $20,000 plus transaction costs?

I bet you can't wait to pounce on that deal!
Sponsored