Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I guess I maybe picked up a wrong color, but I really do not like Grabber Blue - too toy-like to my taste. But I basically get zero attention here in Bay area - though, today, a woman from my track team said, when we were leaving a parking lot - "Faaancy!" :) That's total, third time since early June when somebody refers to my Black Shadow.
This exactly why I changed my order from grabber blue to star white. I saw videos of pov driving and that bright blue hood and the toyishness of it would have bothered me.
Sponsored

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
It has been fun - might get old eventually but I’m happy to be an EV evangelist and show off the features. Had some work events last week and about a dozen engineers crawled all over it examining everything, including some Tesla, i3 and other EV owners. Overall impressions were very positive.

The funny one was after I picked the car up at the dealer after purchasing, I drove to a nearby park to pick up my family. Immediately a couple driving by in a Leaf pulled over and came out to ask me about it. They thought it was hilarious that I had only owned it for about 20 minutes. Still gave it a positive review. ;)

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
We have had a similar experience but only when I'm driving. When my spouse is driving she doesn't receive any questions or comments. She may be more intimidating than I ;), or "car guys" don't think she would have any knowledge about the car. :rolleyes:

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Metallic Premium Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
I have probably seen a dozen or two here in Vegas. Several with Nevada plates, the rest from out
of state. I drive a taxi up and down the strip all day so they are probably more exaggerated there.
I have been riding and driving EVs for years so am used to the questions. Haven't pulled up next to
one while driving mine. Everyone asks why I didn't buy a Tesla. I will point out dozens of them during
the ride. I then ask have they ever seen a Mustang Mach E up close and personal.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I guess I maybe picked up a wrong color, but I really do not like Grabber Blue - too toy-like to my taste. But I basically get zero attention here in Bay area - though, today, a woman from my track team said, when we were leaving a parking lot - "Faaancy!" :) That's total, third time since early June when somebody refers to my Black Shadow.
I think color is a big part of it. I got more positive comments than warranted on my C-Max in Candy Blue. Now, that really was a toy-like color.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
I live in Southern California and haven't seen very many. I get excited every time I do. I got super excited last weekend when there was a Rapid Red Route 1 in the parking lot at a park where my son was having practice. I hadn't seen a red in person before that.
I see Teslas every day. In fact I can look out my front window and see one or two (if the guy across the street has it in the driveway instead of the garage).

mcyee1

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Legacy
Country flag
I'm in the Bay Area too - I'll wager there are more EV's per capita than anywhere in the U.S., including SoCal. I have the GB color too and I've never seen another one - so I guess I'll have to look out for the OP's! I think I've seen a grand total of five other Mach-E's. Love the color, love the car, the attention is fine and if it helps evangelize for a transition to EV, all the better. Software glitches are glitchy but I expect those to be worked out going forward just like all software.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
With all these "attention" threads, I was starting to think shadow black was just an "under-the-radar" color so no real attention.

Not today.

Did a day trip to the Jersey Shore and whooo-bam it was non-stop. Within 10 seconds of getting out of the car after a 90 minute ride was stopped for questioning. "Is that the new Mustang?" "Oh I heard they had a new one." "Is it still fast?" "Wow I have to tell my son I saw this!"

There were tons of pedestrians so I really noticed it leaving. People pointing. Teenagers on bikes swerving to take a look. Long, hot, stares. The shore is tough in any car to avoid pedestrians but the MME is so good it's downright dangerous.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
On our road trip every time we stopped to charge someone would come up wanting to chat about it. The best reactions I got when charging at a Harley dealer. I should have got a picture of the bikers checking it out! Lol

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
On my way to work, there was a guy in a ICE mustang waiting to turn left on the street I was turning right into and he literally made this face except with his jaws dropped as I passed by:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Lots of attention 1629987669857
umbrella academy?

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
umbrella academy?
yup (from season 2 when Vanya and #5 drive pass each other)!.... can't wait until the new season is out
Sponsored