Lots of Naysayers last week or so...hmm...Tesla Fan Boys in disguise??

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Anyone notice a trend in the last week or so regarding naysayers? Tesla Fan Boys?? WDYT?? So funny right?
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
It's worth considering that there's likely a part the competitors actually play in "influencers" planted on forums to echo minor issues and/or fabricate FUD.

OP
OP
Nomation

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Or probably just people naturally piling on. It's a forum; there will be haters, fans, realists, and yes possibly plants - but that's OK.

Life's too short to worry about it.
That is very true. Still looking forward to my GT PE regardless. Hopefully Ford will also have a surprise on final 0-60 times like they did on the range numbers. Somewhere closer to 3.1 would be nice!. I've been watching EV drag racing and am getting excited.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Funny, I was thinking the same thing as of late with some of the posts. Does not matter, EV of the year says enough. As an actual owner for almost 6 months my MME meets or exceeds my expectations. Congrats to all owners!!

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
It's worth considering that there's likely a part the competitors actually play in "influencers" planted on forums to echo minor issues and/or fabricate FUD.
Competitors? GM, Toyota or Mercedes would not be caught dead influencing like that.

With Tesla, I'm not so sure...

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I find looking at a poster’s join date is helpful sometimes.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is very true. Still looking forward to my GT PE regardless. Hopefully Ford will also have a surprise on final 0-60 times like they did on the range numbers. Somewhere closer to 3.1 would be nice!. I've been watching EV drag racing and am getting excited.
3.1s would require much stronger motors since it's 4800+ lbs. My best guess would be 430-440 kW to get it down that low. Current motors fall short by 90 kW.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Anyone notice a trend in the last week or so regarding naysayers? Tesla Fan Boys?? WDYT?? So funny right?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. A few threads with big "pronouncements" about not getting an MME, or calling out perceived flaws, by people who have very small number of posts. I would never go to a forum and feel compelled to do that, and it makes me question the motivation.

Deleted member 3569

I seriously considered Tesla Model Y, I literally test drove it three times ... but I just test drove the Mach-e once only ...and it was pleased me so much that I got one! ... and I do not ever regret either, given the fact the dealership I went to honored the xPlan, gave me much higher trade in value, lower interest in the financing and I enjoyed the $7.5 Federal tax rebate. Yes ... yes ... YES ....FordPass' User Interface really sucks, the on board NAV is not sophisticated as Tesla's, the Electrify America's network is not robust as the Tesla's Supercharger, etc ... but in my opnion the ride, the finish quality, the roominess and the body paint is way superior than that of Model Y !!!

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Funny, I was thinking the same thing as of late with some of the posts. Does not matter, EV of the year says enough. As an actual owner for almost 6 months my MME meets or exceeds my expectations. Congrats to all owners!!
I agree with you. I have had my MME since February. I feel horrible for those who have posted their various issues. I have not had ANY issues, except for PAAK which i find to be more of a nuisance due to its delayed engagement. That is it. The car does everything else that I have expected.

So like @timbop said, there are all of those posters in here. Some are quite helpful. Some are just genuinely concerned about their issues. Some are just rabble rousers. All of which are fine.

I will just say that those who haven't received their MME should continue to factor all the experiences of others and more importantly go with your own experience/research and gut.

Best.
Sponsored