Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Louisiana's legislature (having solved all other problems) acted last June to end its $2,500 EV purchase tax credit six months early, on July 1, 2021, six months ahead of the end-of-2021 date earlier enacted. There was no grandfather clause. This was passed with a huge bipartisan majority.

I ordered my Mach-E in Feb 2021, while the credit was still promised for the whole year, but my car wasn't delivered until mid July, 2021, around two weeks too late for the tax credit. I'm not sure whether this information might be helpful to those in other states, who may wish to watch for these bills.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BayouEV

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach E Extended Range, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I am from La. as well and have already fussed at my legislator for this. Here's hoping our fair state can get on front edge of this wave....but that is not what history suggests.

PS I think you have the year incorrect in your post.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A similar thing happened in NJ and Ford reimbursed buyers for the amount of the rebate they missed.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...g-mach-e-incentive-if-i-reside-in-new-jersey/
Just remember, those reimbursed buyers in NJ were a limited number, not everyone.....those who lost out on the NJ incentive because of the delays Ford went through were reimbursed......if I remember that was a number of maybe 100, I may be wrong on the total number, I'm sure it's here somewhere......this was early 2021, I think.....

and I don't remember what the requirements were, date deadlines, bought by, etc

OP
OP
jgcom

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
I am from La. as well and have already fussed at my legislator for this. Here's hoping our fair state can get on front edge of this wave....but that is not what history suggests.

Thanks. I've corrected the dates in my post.

TigerEye104

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e premium IBM
Occupation
IT
Country flag

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag

What’s up in Cali with the credits?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just remember, those reimbursed buyers in NJ were a limited number, not everyone.....those who lost out on the NJ incentive because of the delays Ford went through were reimbursed......if I remember that was a number of maybe 100, I may be wrong on the total number, I'm sure it's here somewhere......this was early 2021, I think.....

and I don't remember what the requirements were, date deadlines, bought by, etc
Those folks were also original reservation holders who got caught up in the OKTB delay and a ship stop. Was a very small number of folks who missed out on it. In NJ the 55K cap disqualified most of the early buyers. Ford didn’t want any negative press at the time about delays. Those glory days are way over and the norm now.

welcome all to the family!

NeverGonnaGetIt

First Name
Mach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GT350, ‘20 GT350R, ‘21 Raptor 37, ‘21 E63 AMG
Country flag
I live in Louisiana and ordered mine on 5/11/2021 and still have not received it. This thread just fills me with more sadness. Especially since Edwards was bragging about how Louisiana had a $1B revenue surplus last year. Considering our tax rates and amazing roads, I couldn’t believe how that was possible…

:rolleyes:

BayouEV

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I live in Louisiana and ordered mine on 5/11/2021 and still have not received it. This thread just fills me with more sadness. Especially since Edwards was bragging about how Louisiana had a $1B revenue surplus last year. Considering our tax rates and amazing roads, I couldn’t believe how that was possible…

:rolleyes:
Yep. Mine was ordered in June, 2021 and is sitting on a train somewhere. No one can tell me for sure. Not going to get started on the state government. My blood pressure cannot handle it...

NeverGonnaGetIt

First Name
Mach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine came in today Steve. It was really dirty and had 40 miles on it when it came off the truck. I should get it tomorrow after its detailed.

How is yours looking?

BayouEV

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine came in today Steve. It was really dirty and had 40 miles on it when it came off the truck. I should get it tomorrow after its detailed.

How is yours looking?
Congrats. My expected delivery is this week but I have not heard anything yet. Glad to hear yours is in. Maybe mine is not too far behind.

NeverGonnaGetIt

First Name
Mach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats. My expected delivery is this week but I have not heard anything yet. Glad to hear yours is in. Maybe mine is not too far behind.
Here are some pics. It should be nicer tomorrow when they clean it up. I drove it today. It handles well and is pretty quick!

0E095239-DCB1-4CE0-ACC2-C9C1256CFF8F.jpeg

5D9B9017-7403-4B5D-B9B7-925E74E6C2BD.jpeg

E70EC06C-1C1B-4EEA-ACC7-3BBBBCA5A955.jpeg

BayouEV

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here are some pics. It should be nicer tomorrow when they clean it up. I drove it today. It handles well and is pretty quick!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Louisiana ended its tax credit early E70EC06C-1C1B-4EEA-ACC7-3BBBBCA5A955

Ford Mustang Mach-E Louisiana ended its tax credit early E70EC06C-1C1B-4EEA-ACC7-3BBBBCA5A955

That is really nice looking. Mine will not be GT, but I really like that black grill against the blue paint. Now I know who is accelerating past me on the interstate. Enjoy.