Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Ok - we've had the AWD EB IB MME for about 5 weeks now and put about 1100 miles on it. Love the road feel, the power, the comfort and amenities, and especially the way it looks. It's a very pretty car and it gets a lot of attention wherever we go. That's the LOVE part. Here's the HATE, or maybe that's too strong a word. How about frustrating, irritating, pissing us off kind of stuff? Yes it's a brand new model and thing for Ford, but really folks - you needed to do a better job coming out the gate. Most of the issues we have are software related, so probably fixable - and I do hope they are working on them. Here goes...

1) Even after a warranty fix, the rear hatch foot kick maneuver works only about half the time for both me and my wife. Geez.
2) Paak, even after recent patch to fix that, still is not reliable. My wife now refuses to drive the car without the fob, and will not devolve into doing access and backup codes. We need two fobs Mr Ford - and no charge for programming etc. I've seen $500 for some to get this going.
3) The automatic headlight dimmer works - most of the time. But not all.
4) The 'Imminent Collision' warning happens way too frequently, usually when someone is turning off the street in front of us and we are nowhere close to them.
5) The 'open all doors' button is located where the mirror memory buttons are for the seat etc. Why are they not down where the windows, mirrors adjustment controls are?
6) The relationship between Apple Car Play and the native functions of the MMS are not clear. I'm not sure that Apple Car Play is useful for anything other than streaming Spotify or whatever. It's confusing to have two separate navigation systems, two separate phone systems etc. The center display says no phone connected, no Bluetooth connection and a bunch of other status that are wrong just because Apple Carplay is in action. That whole interface is not intuitive.
7) The profiles and memory function relationship is not clear.
8) There is no way that someone who is not tech savvy can use this car, especially since many of the tech features have been implemented in non-intuitive ways.
9) The manual is not clear or complete in many different areas.
10) We're getting about 250 miles range....on the flats, reasonable acceleration, warm weather (not too hot). Really? Not anything close to the 304 advertised.

There's more - but I've forgotten them. None of these are super important except the Paak/Fob thing - you can workaround the other stuff but - it's pretty annoying. I'm still trying to figure stuff out after 5 weeks of driving. There's no way someone could just step into this car and drive it, which is kind of ridiculous. It's a car damn it! Oh well - I feel better now.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
For #4, you can reduce the sensitivity of the collision warning so it doesn’t come on as easily. You can even disable it entirely. It is somewhere in the settings.

For #10, are you referring to the predicted range the car is displaying? That’s the very conservative guess-o-meter, set up very conservatively by Ford so people feel very confident they can at least get that much range. Practically speaking, don’t pay attention to it, you are almost certainly getting much better range than you think. Try comparing your energy use to distance travelled, for example. Or look at how much your odometer changes vs how much the estimated range decreases on a medium length or long trip.

OP
OP

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Actually 305 miles for extended battery

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Where is 304 miles of range advertised? The EPA rating is 270 miles.
Yeah I wonder if they didn't realize not all models are rated for 300 miles. None of the AWD models get that rating, although some actually do. Also makes me wonder if they saw a post by someone happy to get 300 miles when it's rated for 270, so now they're thinking they should be getting 300 miles too.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Actually 305 miles for extended battery
AWD ER is rated at 270m range.
Ford simply shows their EPA testing range, where they've got an average 3.1m/kWh. The real range can vary widely, like 3 times. So far I've seen efficiency from 1.8 to 5.6 m/kWh depending on speed, wind, elevation, AC, and other factors. So you can find reports where people get significantly better than EPA and those who get significantly less than EPA.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Your Paak and "kick the rear open" problems are likely related. Put the fob in your pocket and you'll be happier. Your car's EPA rating is 270mi combined city/hwy. Nonetheless the range estimate is just that. There's a sticky thread about how it is conservative. To figure out your actual range under given conditions multiply the mi/kwh by 88 to see the range you'd get under those conditions.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
Ok - we've had the AWD EB IB MME for about 5 weeks now and put about 1100 miles on it. Love the road feel, the power, the comfort and amenities, and especially the way it looks. It's a very pretty car and it gets a lot of attention wherever we go. That's the LOVE part. Here's the HATE, or maybe that's too strong a word. How about frustrating, irritating, pissing us off kind of stuff? Yes it's a brand new model and thing for Ford, but really folks - you needed to do a better job coming out the gate. Most of the issues we have are software related, so probably fixable - and I do hope they are working on them. Here goes...

1) Even after a warranty fix, the rear hatch foot kick maneuver works only about half the time for both me and my wife. Geez.
2) Paak, even after recent patch to fix that, still is not reliable. My wife now refuses to drive the car without the fob, and will not devolve into doing access and backup codes. We need two fobs Mr Ford - and no charge for programming etc. I've seen $500 for some to get this going.
3) The automatic headlight dimmer works - most of the time. But not all.
4) The 'Imminent Collision' warning happens way too frequently, usually when someone is turning off the street in front of us and we are nowhere close to them.
5) The 'open all doors' button is located where the mirror memory buttons are for the seat etc. Why are they not down where the windows, mirrors adjustment controls are?
6) The relationship between Apple Car Play and the native functions of the MMS are not clear. I'm not sure that Apple Car Play is useful for anything other than streaming Spotify or whatever. It's confusing to have two separate navigation systems, two separate phone systems etc. The center display says no phone connected, no Bluetooth connection and a bunch of other status that are wrong just because Apple Carplay is in action. That whole interface is not intuitive.
7) The profiles and memory function relationship is not clear.
8) There is no way that someone who is not tech savvy can use this car, especially since many of the tech features have been implemented in non-intuitive ways.
9) The manual is not clear or complete in many different areas.
10) We're getting about 250 miles range....on the flats, reasonable acceleration, warm weather (not too hot). Really? Not anything close to the 304 advertised.

There's more - but I've forgotten them. None of these are super important except the Paak/Fob thing - you can workaround the other stuff but - it's pretty annoying. I'm still trying to figure stuff out after 5 weeks of driving. There's no way someone could just step into this car and drive it, which is kind of ridiculous. It's a car damn it! Oh well - I feel better now.
Range estimated by Ford is 270, or 3.1 m/kwh. Over the 5 months I have had mine, I average 3.3m/kwh or 280 plus miles. It depends on how you drive and the weather, higher in moderate weather and lower when it’s cold.
PAAK takes some getting used to. Mine always works if I hold the phone in my hand while pushing the button. To me, that is better than carrying a fob, but you might prefer a second fob. On my other car, not a Ford, I also sometimes need to hold it in my hand.
It surely is very techy and there is a learning curve, but after a bit, everything is set how you like it and then you just drive. Were you unaware there is a lot of tech stuff on this car? I just turn off things I don’t like.

All my cars with memory seats have had the buttons where they are on my Mache e. Same with the window controls.

Maybe you need to leave more room between you and the car ahead of you to reduce the frequency of the collision warning. Mine rarely goes off and only when I get too close to a car that is slowing for a turn.
For me, the foot latch took some learning. Usually now it only fails to open if it doesn’t sense my PAK. Again, holding the phone in my hand works, but pushing the button is usually easier. For me, the kick thing to open the hatch is just a gimmick.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Besides PaaK, these problems seem pretty minor and easily fixable...all explained in the owner's manual :)

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
for 6. How are they not clear, you can use apps from your phone on the display, if you want to use Waze instead of the built in navigation you can. Think of it as a supplement of alternatives.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Your Paak and "kick the rear open" problems are likely related. Put the fob in your pocket and you'll be happier. Your car's EPA rating is 270mi combined city/hwy. Nonetheless the range estimate is just that. There's a sticky thread about how it is conservative. To figure out your actual range under given conditions multiply the mi/kwh by 88 to see the range you'd get under those conditions.
The tailgate has worked every time for me with the FOB in my pocket! Love it!! Our actual mileage has been around 280 with a mix of city and highway driving.
Sponsored